DiRTy Gossip

3 hours ago, gk9147 said:

@dgeesi0 it is normal what I said, you find it normal to shift speeds faster than a sequential box? no . with the gearbox you can skip a speed, that's true (example: 3 to 1, or the opposite if the gearbox is very short) it can save litle time, but with a gearbox there is always a loss of time to change the gear. with a gearbox need anticipate the good gear for the  turn while with a sequential gearbox you can change it in the turn and play with it to correct your trajectory (example you launch your car in the turn , your car loses acceleration and you downshift to gain accelerations again in midle of turn ) with a gearbox if you do the same thing, you will lose time changing your gear in the turn. and you risk losing control of the car too .

You need to anticipate the gear regardless of using sequential or full manual and clutch; as you still need to change to the appropriate gear for the corner you are about to take. Preferably you should be in the correct gear before hitting the corner so you car is in full control before turning in and accelerating out of said corner. But thats just best practice in any motorsport. You can very easily change gear mid turn with the Hpattern and clutch though, sometimes its needed for the same reasons you suggest with regards to using a sequential shifter. Infact, sometimes holding in the clutch is the best thing you can do to regain control of a car. Ideally, no matter what gear change method someone uses; the clutch should ALWAYS be available to use if needed. Even a well timed clutch kick can solve a lot of issues, as it will allow you to rotate the car more if your understeering.

IRL if you change down gears and dont blip the throttle, you get whats called a shift lock. This behaviour is desirable if you are using it to initiate a drift, as it causes the rear to lock momentarily. You also have weight transfer to the front due to engine breaking, which also removes load from the rear. To avoid and reduce this behaviour, you need to blip the throttle on downshifts. This is why heal and toe is a desirable technique to learn when racing with manual and clutch IRL. In game you dont get the wheel lock simulated, but it still causes the weight to shift to the front through engine breaking. This is actually the same in most simulated racing titles (iracing, forza, gt, assetto, raceroom), so blipping the throttle is still required. Someone practiced at heal/toe will do that automatically, and will not usually have a problem with an emergency downshift mid corner, if a scenaro comes up where they have to.

Edited by Ialyrn

@Occulus owners (@JesseDeya among them, I think?):

image.png.856a3c0f8b9c0efcfab22c78724e382f.png

Certainly this flag being tested in the steam version spells good news for you?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Did the team so far respond in any way about a possible weather update in the future? Like sprinkling in one or two more conditions for a select few locations (...looking especially at Wales here, it needs more forest-mood)

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, SkyRex said:

Did the team so far respond in any way about a possible weather update in the future? Like sprinkling in one or two more conditions for a select few locations (...looking especially at Wales here, it needs more forest-mood)

I've been asking since the game came out. I've seen no response whatsoever 😞 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

You need to anticipate the gear regardless of using sequential or full manual and clutch; as you still need to change to the appropriate gear for the corner you are about to take. Preferably you should be in the correct gear before hitting the corner so you car is in full control before turning in and accelerating out of said corner. But thats just best practice in any motorsport. You can very easily change gear mid turn with the Hpattern and clutch though, sometimes its needed for the same reasons you suggest with regards to using a sequential shifter. Infact, sometimes holding in the clutch is the best thing you can do to regain control of a car. Ideally, no matter what gear change method someone uses; the clutch should ALWAYS be available to use if needed. Even a well timed clutch kick can solve a lot of issues, as it will allow you to rotate the car more if your understeering.

IRL if you change down gears and dont blip the throttle, you get whats called a shift lock. This behaviour is desirable if you are using it to initiate a drift, as it causes the rear to lock momentarily. You also have weight transfer to the front due to engine breaking, which also removes load from the rear. To avoid and reduce this behaviour, you need to blip the throttle on downshifts. This is why heal and toe is a desirable technique to learn when racing with manual and clutch IRL. In game you dont get the wheel lock simulated, but it still causes the weight to shift to the front through engine breaking. This is actually the same in most simulated racing titles (iracing, forza, gt, assetto, raceroom), so blipping the throttle is still required. Someone practiced at heal/toe will do that automatically, and will not usually have a problem with an emergency downshift mid corner, if a scenaro comes up where they have to.

you tell me about something that I already know, I'm talking about time difference when using a sequential box and a gearbox (because if I read what you wrote to me you talk about all the technical to take a turn (mass transfer, clutch to revive the engine ....)) I'm talking about time !!! you will lose time if you use gearbox,

the gearbox ( Hpattern) is not sticking on the steering  wheel (she near the leg) so you have to go on the gearbox, you change gear and after the hand come back on the steering wheel,

for the sequential box it is to the side of the steering wheel so to make the maneuver is faster,

and to finish the sequential on the steering wheel , is really  more faster 

now you see that the time difference is huge

Do you want something like Forza Rewards? I think it's a great concept if you develop many games like CM. But for sure, the game must be prepared for it. What about some small income for our garage? More cars for start?

20 hours ago, chukonu said:

Where is this from? If this is legit, its very good news for us Oculus owners.

1 hour ago, ebarbs27 said:

It's no longer Rovanperä's #15 car and instead #18 minus the Movistar sponsors. Interesting...

DR2_Seat_Ibiza_Kitcar_1.thumb.jpg.9314abe9234ac21b8d3bfb90101159e2.jpg

DiRT_4_SEAT_Ibiza_Kitcar.thumb.jpg.5b7158611375c375b9c64c9440e7a529.jpg

Clearly its cutting cost of licence fee for livery, which is OK, the Car looks almost complete.. but then there are some Cars that have two liveries like SUBARU Impreza 2001 almost indentical, just for Burns and Solberg (paid two times for licence fee!?) , and there is situation with Focus RS Rally 2007 with none of liveries..

Edited by dani211212
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, chukonu said:

@SharkyOB this looks really promising man. I dont care if I have to buy the Steam version but if it works as fine as the Oculus one and plus it has all the DLCs and the world series I go for it big time.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

Hey man .. sorry could I ask you where you found that information ? Thanks !

9 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

Hey man .. sorry could I ask you where you found that information ? Thanks !

Edited by somethingthing
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

Sorry man could I ask you where did you get this information ? Thanks !

50 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

So does it mean Oculus SDK support has been already added to the current Steam version or that is going to be in the next update that should come October 1 ? 

Edited by koog2003

5 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

So does it mean Oculus SDK support has been already added to the current Steam version or that is going to be in the next update that should come October 1 ? 

No its not added but should be out for betatesters if im not misstaken.

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

No its not added but should be out for betatesters if im not misstaken.

You're mistaken.

• Disagree 1

On 9/20/2019 at 5:08 PM, chukonu said:

Hmm...

22 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

Do you want something like Forza Rewards? I think it's a great concept if you develop many games like CM. But for sure, the game must be prepared for it. What about some small income for our garage? More cars for start?

Forza Rewards are neat (I’m Tier 13, got it maxed out).

I don’t know if it’s something that we have the capability to do for CM titles (I’ve never asked) but it is an interesting programme.

@PJTierney

What does it mean this flag in steamdb ? Are you doing finally what we are asking so desperately or it is going to be another disappointment? Please answer man. Thank you

B0C83E88-5B10-4C2F-99A1-1A3EB2335845.png

This Troll bickering is rather funny.  Back in the day, a certain Community Manager was famous (and loved) for trolling us.  This whole thread (Gossip) was dedicated to figuring out weather he was trolling us or actually posting accurate information.  I think we need to take in the light heartedness of this threads roots.  If your some kind of snowflake that is going to whine that their petals are crushed from a particular post, I'd advise you to create another thread, or go home to your nursery till you man up.  Just come back when you've taken your training wheels off. 😁

Edited by gfRally
watered down reality
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

@PJTierney

What does it mean this flag in steamdb ? Are you doing finally what we are asking so desperately or it is going to be another disappointment? Please answer man. Thank you

B0C83E88-5B10-4C2F-99A1-1A3EB2335845.png

As mentioned previously, the team is investigating implementing Oculus SDK support into the Steam version.

Looks like this is part of that investigation 😉 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3