DiRTy Gossip

34 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Forza Rewards are neat (I’m Tier 13, got it maxed out).

I don’t know if it’s something that we have the capability to do for CM titles (I’ve never asked) but it is an interesting programme.

That's great, same here. The problem is the Forza economy is too grindy and money are always welcomed. I love on Dirt rally I can run the game and play with everything. That's a true game for racing fans. But still it could be interesting sales boost with good implementation. I wonder what cars and rewards I'll get in new Forzas with my max tier. The same could make sense for CM.

I need to agree with post above. limited performance for Oculus Rift powered by SteamVR is not dependent on how users built their rigs. it's given by a fact of using SteamVR software layer which causes additional overhead. In other words is not performant as while using Oculus SDK.

It's a common fact and every one involved in VR (especially programmers) are aware of that.

No Setting Guides can help with that*). It will remain until Steam version make use of Oculus SDK

Edit:
*) except of helping in understanding SS settings found in SteamVR

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Agree 2

When JZStudios said 'no' he put the door wide open for some good gossip

Exactly, gossip, this is THE place for it.

No need to get violent, angry or unfair. Maybe you feel misunderstood but hey, it is just gossip

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

In our official announcement for Oculus we mentioned the following:

As mentioned before, we're not in a position yet to announce exactly what the plans for Oculus DLC are yet. I get that it's frustrating to not know the details yet, however until things are finalised I can't say any more than what's publicly out there, sorry.

As for Steam performance there is always a risk that with the seemingly infinite ways that players can build, run and set up their PC gaming hardware that unforseen performance issues can arise. All I can say is that the team has been working hard on resolving these; there were updates in Version 1.8, settings guides on the forums and more updates coming in 1.9.

Im sorry PJ, and I know this isnt on you; as you was not with Codemasters back in Febuary. But this is the original Oculus announcment, and this is exactly when Codemasters should have been informing their prospective customers that Steam would be OpenVR and the Oculus version on the Oculus store only.

It was highly apperent that people who own Oculus hardware were buying Dirt Rally 2.0 on steam because of that single tweet, and a lot of this mess over VR could have been avoided had that original announcment been far less vague. They was clearly 100% sure VR was coming back then, so they 100% had a responsibility to make sure their customer base could make 100% informed decisions. Look how been vague hit Turn10 in the rear, that same thing is now hitting Codemasters.

Edited by Ialyrn
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Look man the thing is simple. If things would have been they way they were supposed to be nothing of this would have ever happened and we would not be here arguing like idiots. Me and a lot of other people would not be here, on twitter, on Steam, on Reddit and on the Oculus forums complaining every day. We are waiting since almost 1 month and a half when the VR support had been added. As per today nothing has changed. 

Steam version:
- Works really really bad with the Oculus Rift and no Oculus SDK support. 

Oculus version:
 - You are not able to play the DLCs and the World Series.

Possible a software house that sells games since ages have a problem with something so basic after all ? It is obvious people are outraged. Why is it taking so long to fix the DLCs problem when the DLCs are already shipped and included in the 81 gbytes of the game ? 1.5 months to unlock data users already have ? Why ?

Dont misunderstand me I want to pay for the DLCs ! But bloody hell give me the possibility to do that !

Edited by koog2003

oh dear.... wiper bug and "ultra-shinning" road surface still present (had somebody ever seen a dusty dry gravel surface reflecting light as a mirror do?). :classic_sad:

• Agree 2

Just now, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Referring specifically to the reflection on a hot dry road, yes, heat haze.

heat haze is a distorsion effect.... not a light reflection.   I'm not a hater, I really love this game but there are some bugs still unfixed since dirt4.

• Agree 1

Where does it reflect light like a mirror?  Are you seeing this in the video?  is your screen brightness too high? or not able to show detail in lighter regions?

6 minutes ago, grancab said:

oh dear.... wiper bug and "ultra-shinning" road surface still present (had somebody ever seen a dusty dry gravel surface reflecting light as a mirror do?). :classic_sad:

Is it really that hard to push button for 1.5 seconds to switch off the wipers? I do it everytime and I see no problem with it. 

• Disagree 2

8 minutes ago, Snoopy43 said:

Is it really that hard to push button for 1.5 seconds to switch off the wipers? I do it everytime and I see no problem with it. 

As hard as fix a bug known two years ago :classic_biggrin:. For me this is not a game breaker bug, I'm just becoming a little bit tired to have the same bugs from dirt4 (bad lighting, wipers, stage times, etc...) plus some new ones (sound cuts, setups load, non working tire wear, etc...)

Edited by grancab
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Where does it reflect light like a mirror?  Are you seeing this in the video?  is your screen brightness too high? or not able to show detail in lighter regions?

the uphill section from 3:00.... can you see every detail on the road?.  I live in a very sunny place and I had never get this effect when driving on a gravel/dust road.

random wipers was even in DR1. TBH I don't understand why CM don't want do disable it when wipers key is mapped. It's a matter of single IF in a code. 

• Agree 4

50 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Referring specifically to the reflection on a hot dry road, yes, heat haze.

This game doesn't have heat haze.

46 minutes ago, grancab said:

heat haze is a distorsion effect.... not a light reflection.   I'm not a hater, I really love this game but there are some bugs still unfixed since dirt4.

Image result for heat haze

Yes, and no. No and yes. But this game doesn't have it either way.

It seems more like an exposure problem than a material problem, though the materials do seem a bit over reflective.

28 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

random wipers was even in DR1. TBH I don't understand why CM don't want do disable it when wipers key is mapped. It's a matter of single IF in a code. 

2 weeks of work. But after 3 games, it probably should've been fixed by now.

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

though the materials do seem a bit over reflective.

Over-reflective is wrong word. In DR2 materials can "reflect" more light than being received (something which is physically impossible). This is not reflection. This is fake, with wrong result.
Here is my report (with images):

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

On the subject of lighting, are the headlights supposed to flicker like they have a bad ground?  It is an English car, so perhaps this is added realism.

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

@PJTierney Do you know if the bug at 2:34 where the driver rapidly moves their hand between the wheel and gearstick will be fixed in the next patch?

Happens every time you steer on full lock after changing gear

Edited by ebarbs27

4 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

Over-reflective is wrong word. In DR2 materials can "reflect" more light than being received (something which is physically impossible). This is not reflection. This is fake, with wrong result.
Here is my report (with images):

Dirt 4 and DR2 use a PBR pipeline, unless the ground has emission shaders in it, it's a mix of being slightly too reflective with exposure issues. Maybe toss bloom in there too.

3 hours ago, NateFink said:

On the subject of lighting, are the headlights supposed to flicker like they have a bad ground?  It is an English car, so perhaps this is added realism.

Is it damaged?

3 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Is it damaged?

Not badly.  Nothing that will cause the temps to rise, but the paint has certainly seen better days.  This doesn't happen on every night stage, but some I get some flicker.  A lot like what I used to get when I drove an actual British Leyland car.

13 hours ago, Snoopy43 said:

Is it really that hard for professional developers to fix a blatant bug that happens everywhere with every car and can be replicated in minutes? Is it really that hard to not blame players for not wanting to put up with bugs that diminish the game experience? Is it really that hard to not patronize players who dare to want a game they bought to work?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, grancab said:

the uphill section from 3:00.... can you see every detail on the road?.  I live in a very sunny place and I had never get this effect when driving on a gravel/dust road.

It looks to me like a combination of overexposure and YouTube video compression mushing all the details.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, ebarbs27 said:

@PJTierney Do you know if the bug at 2:34 where the driver rapidly moves their hand between the wheel and gearstick will be fixed in the next patch?

Happens every time you steer on full lock after changing gear

This is in our bug tracker as we saw reports of it in 1.8. It's smaller bug compared to some of the things the team's tackling but we are aware of it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1