DiRTy Gossip

16 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

Over-reflective is wrong word. In DR2 materials can "reflect" more light than being received (something which is physically impossible). This is not reflection. This is fake, with wrong result.
Here is my report (with images):

I'd say this is more of an exposure issue. In the same frame are the interior, which is very clearly visible even though it's in the shadows of the cockpit, and the road, which has a very light colour and is brighly lit by the sun. It doesn't look ideal at all but I don't think it's giving out more light than possible 

@carpa, I'm not sure why you are quoting my post. I'm not sure it's related to your comment below.
I answered only to "over-reflective objects" mentioned by @JZStudios. Issue discussed in this thread (Greece video) is not related to reflections IMO (not in visible way)
Further discussion about reflections is moved to my "Reflection bug" thread

I see all these complaints about Greece, whilst I'm just happy that they changed the stupid tight "Right 4" with a rock face on the inside and a post on the outside to a "Right 3" 😛

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Malling said:

I see all these complaints about Greece, whilst I'm just happy that they changed the stupid tight "Right 4" with a rock face on the inside and a post on the outside to a "Right 3" 😛

Those are the small changes I appreciate too. There is also this former left 4 in Monte Carlo which they changed to Left 2 slippery.

• Agree 1

So maybe there is a chance for fixing peace notes in Poland? lets say in DR3 😉

TBH this 3-left after very long straight  section with max speed at the end of Czarny Las drives me crazy. It's impossible to stop the car breaking straight. No speaking about preparing a car for the turn

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

5 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

So maybe there is a chance for fixing peace notes in Poland? lets say in DR3 😉

TBH this 3-left after very long straight  section with max speed at the end of Czarny Las drives me crazy. It's impossible to stop the car breaking straight. No speaking about preparing a car for the turn

There's a 6 right into a left 1 in Poland as well, and the co-driver brings up the left 1 really late 😭 It reminds me of this gem from r/dirtgame: gkz00e9yqgzy.png?width=839&auto=webp&s=a

(That said, it's my fault I keep overshooting it because Phil does say "slow" before the right 6! 😅)

• Haha 13

16 minutes ago, Malling said:

There's a 6 right into a left 1 in Poland as well, and the co-driver brings up the left 1 really late 😭 It reminds me of this gem from r/dirtgame: gkz00e9yqgzy.png?width=839&auto=webp&s=a

(That said, it's my fault I keep overshooting it because Phil does say "slow" before the right 6! 😅)

Can you imagine a smart call system that tracked how many people eat it vs over brake at each turn and adjusted the calls to create the fastest run for each track section?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

unfortunately such non reliable copilot makes people to learn a track at first rather than do proper rally based on calls. When I'm rather tolerant to pace notes, understanding that it's not easy to make them match all vehicles in the game, such big mistakes makes me wondering if it has been ever tested by simply playing the game

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Sad 2

My method is to learn which co-driver calls can't be trusted and/or which corners I've ****ed up on and let the smooth Welsh voice in my ear guide me through the rest of the stage 😛 Sometimes the pacenotes that aren't to be trusted go to the other extreme and suggest going a bit too slow, such as at Bidno Moorland where there's a fast bit before the arena section;

Phil: "4 Right"

Me:  tenor.gif?itemid=5266504

Edited by Malling
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Ehm...can someone please explain me why I have to buy the 306 and the Ibiza (I have the season 3+4 pass)

Looks like the usual bug has happened again. If so then the cars will be added to your game within the next couple of days - far from ideal but at least you shouldn't have to pay anything.

Codemasters - Why does this happen every single time a DLC is released??

Edited by Malling
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Malling said:

Looks like the usual bug has happened again. If so then the cars will be added to your game within the next couple of days - far from ideal but at least you shouldn't have to pay anything.

Do you really want to hear about the supreme abilities of Codemasters to make things proper ? They basically screwed up all you could screw with this game. Despite all the mess with the releases, the versions, the DLCs, Oculus SDK and such the game is one of the best I have ever played in VR. That's basically why I really want this to get fixed and work the way it is finally supposed to. 

Edited by koog2003
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

4 hours ago, Malling said:

Mmm...that’s pretty embarrassing.a couple of days?!i have basically payed already all the dlc content and now i’m Not even able to use it?!and I bet this **** it’s going to happen every 2 week?...I have always supported CM work but this is bad guys,really bad.

These are things that must absolutely not happen if I already payed for the seasons contents in advance you absolutely must respect the deliveries.those are the kind of bugs you MUST fix ASAP.

this is NOT the way to treat supporters Cody 😞

How long has this thing been going on?

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

It is shocking how messed up this company is. I work for a software developing company. If me and my team would have done 1/4 of the mess Codemasters did with its customers we would be jobless in hours. I dont know who is the manager there .. Donald Duck ? Mickey Mouse ?

Edited by koog2003
  • Disagree 3

Why you guys bashing everytime Codies? They tell everytime the releases will be depending on the stores and that it is not always in their control.  Kinda #fakethings what you guys tell. 

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Why you guys bashing everytime Codies? They tell everytime the releases will be depending on the stores and that it is not always in their control.  Kinda #fakethings what you guys tell. 

Bashing?fakethings? You understand what I have wrote? The content it’s available but I have to pay for it. And I repeat: i’m a huge supporter of cm work and I have always try to help solving the issues with absolute respect, but if i’m a D+ player and I have payed already for the content (that it’s already available) it’s not acceptable that I have to pay for it / or wait more than the average player to have it. And it’s even more bad that is a known and already flagged issues 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Bashing?fakethings? You understand what I have wrote? The content it’s available but I have to pay for it. And I repeat: i’m a huge supporter of cm work and I have always try to help solving the issues with absolute respect, but if i’m a D+ player and I have payed already for the content (that it’s already available) it’s not acceptable that I have to pay for it / or wait more than the average player to have it. And it’s even more bad that is a known and already flagged issues 

But you don't have to pay for it - no-one has had to pay for it - you can pay for it and get it a few hours sooner, but you will get it as soon as it's available. I've pre-ordered games (OK, not for a long time) and books that arrived with me after they were available in the shops.

4 hours ago, koog2003 said:

It is shocking how messed up this company is. I work for a software developing company. If me and my team would have done 1/4 of the mess Codemasters did with its customers we would be jobless in hours. I dont know who is the manager there .. Donald Duck ? Mickey Mouse ?

Drop this relentless repetition please; there are far worse pieces of software out there - as you say, there's an immensely enjoyable game here that has a few issues - compared to a lot of games I've purchased there's nothing game-breaking here. I'll admit I don't use a Rift and would be frustrated if the performance is bad, but there have been plenty of comments and statements to address that they're looking at this and it's been far less time than, say, ACC has struggled with this.

I'd rather have a superb game with a few flaws than a rubbish game without them.

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

What are you talking about...it’s a digital content,if I purchase it I can download and use it immediately (from 00:00 of the release date)it’s not like ordering a book or a friggin pizza,the d+ season3/4 must give you access to the content you have already purchased. It’s a bug in the first place that he show me the price instead of the download option.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Malling said:

Ahahah this happened to me so many times lol

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

Dude. Are you aware of the issues or you just talk to give some fresh air to your mouth ? Now explain me how this is possibly not "messing up badly" things.

Actually, they are right. We all want Codemasters to resolve the issues, but there is a way to bring them to light and to present them. Insulting them or berating other forum users for not sharing your views isnt it, it just makes your posts seem far less relevent. Be constructive, be concise, but never be insulting.

- Steam version does not work with Oculus Rift (while being advertised as supported).

This isnt exactly true, now is it?

The footage is from the Oculus Rift CV1 on the steam version of the game. At a rock solid 90fps. That doesnt mean the experience is perfect however. The HMD tracking is laggy, there are odd stutters, and even at 90fps; it trys to always force on ASW. There are clear issues, and they need resolving. But the game does, infact, work with the Oculus Rift CV1 and Rift S.

Steam version does not support Oculus SDK.

This bit is true, but they said they are looking into it, and according to the information on steamdb, it looks as though codemasters are activly working on it.

https://steamdb.info/app/690790/history/

Oculus version on Oculus home works well

The Oculus store version works exceptionally well, I happened to have purchased it yesterday in order to do more testing and show a performance comparison between steam and Oculus. Since I hadnt seen anyone actually show any framerate data between both VR versions. The results show that the game on the Oculus store still has its performance issues, and also requires further optimisation. That said, it isnt a stuttering mess like the steam version is. Even when the frame rate drops.

Without Codemasters knowing it few Oculus users managed to buy some DLCs following an ad that popped in game and was not supposed to be there at all. A glitch basically. So some users have the DLCs and others cannot even have the chance to buy them.

These sort of things happen all the time, and are not just an issue for Codemasters. They have to release items to Sony, Microsoft and Oculus in order for those companies to test them directly before release. Occasionally the systems those three companies use allow DLC or game updates out before said testing is finished. If anything, what happen on the Oculus Store is a clear and undeniable sign that DLC is definetly heading to that platform. So have some patience and wait it out.

People are buying DLCs on Steam and despite the fact they paid for them they dont get them in their game installation ....

This isnt just limited to Steam, and also isnt nessicerlly a fault of Codemasters. Steam, after all, is the distribution system for the updates and DLC. So some of the blame has to be put on the platform when these types of distribution issues crop up.

There is one person only in the whole company that does a little very little support via this forum and that is it. This is all the support you get. 

Thats kinda given, since PJ specifically works for Codemasters for the purpose of keeping the playerbase informed, and passing on any details he has been given permission to do so. As well as working with us in an effort to help resolve issues. But it is kinda poor that you think he is the only Codemasters employee that replys to people on here and on steam. I have seen others commenting here and there as well. And there is support given, even if it is support you dont agree with.

And you have the courage to tell me this is not a messed up company ? How is that even possible all of this when they had years to plan it ?

They made mistakes, we have held them to account for them. Now the ball is in their court to show us what they will do, and again, we need to have patience. Screaming, insulting and berating everyone just wont help matters. And will likely just cause a flame war.

Edited by Ialyrn
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, Malling said:

Teacher: You can't hear pictures

Me: *distinctly remembers the sound of Terminal Damage in DR1*

• Haha 2

Complaining about issues that need to be addressed is necessary, bringing them up helps to improve the game, and keeping it civil should be the most normal thing. Ignoring repeatedly the information that the issues with VR are being looked into and will be solved in the near future and playing the same record again and again is, excuse me, the definition of trolling. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Perhaps they can't give an ETA date because they have no idea how long it will take to implement? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

That's been addressed and is being worked on

To my knowledge, they are "discussing" (quoted after PTJ) about it internally.
In addition we know that they are doing some development around Oculus SDK for Steam version. But this info didn't come from CM.

In fact there is NO official statement that either one or second issue will be ever resolved

Though I believe they will do it, you are sharing false information right now.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1