DiRTy Gossip

1 minute ago, Madhun1967 said:

well i have the Rift and was just hoping for a 4k set to buy.What about the many chinese ones out there that claim 4k ? anyone has them ?

If you mean the Pimax series well ...

https://www.aniwaa.com/product/vr-ar/pimax-8k/#targetText=According to the manufacturer%2C this,8K as a marketing term.

"this VR headset has two displays running at 4K resolution per eye, hence its name Pimax 8K.
However, it is actually upscaling a 2 x 2560 x 1440 resolution. Therefore the Pimax 8K doesn't
feature true 8K resolution, but the manufacturer is using the 8K as a marketing term."

Like it is not enough it has problems going full resolution even with 2080ti and several other issues. 

27 minutes ago, Madhun1967 said:

well i have the Rift and was just hoping for a 4k set to buy.What about the many chinese ones out there that claim 4k ? anyone has them ?

I had the Rift, it broke and now have the Rift S.  The S has a lot less screen door than the old Rift. It looks really good but it still isn't to where you could use it as a monitor.

Set up is much faster which nice because you will have to run through the set up almost every week.

The new touch controllers are not as nice in the hand as the old ones as the balance has gone to hell.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NateFink said:

I had the Rift, it broke and now have the Rift S.  The S has a lot less screen door than the old Rift. It looks really good but it still isn't to where you could use it as a monitor.

Set up is much faster which nice because you will have to run through the set up almost every week.

The new touch controllers are not as nice in the hand as the old ones as the balance has gone to hell.

Really ? I mean the original Rift tracking is great you know that. I am shocked to hear that despite the number of cameras on the Rift S tracking can be so bad. What about the resolution ? Is there any real graphic improvement you can spot ? Is it true it is more uncomfortable than the Rift to wear ? 

Doesn't the Rift S use inside out tracking? So no more tracking poles, but Doesn't the Rift S use inside out tracking? So no more tracking poles, but that can be less accurate when you don't have a great camera array to do the tracking. Also adding all those cameras will definitely add some bulk/weight to the device. IIRC the resolution is an ok bump up, but far from anything good enough - something like 2560x1440p now across both eyes but it's only a single panel with a lower refresh rate.

@Madhun1967 we have come farther, a lot farther, but the problem is most people never were ok paying the prices needed to support the high end headsets. Originally the $600-$700 price point would have kept the trend of better going, but people have basically capped out around $300-$400 as the most they will spend. Some people will still spend $1,000 to get the good stuff, but that portion of the market is so much smaller that all the focus is now on sub $500 headsets; and heavily pushed towards even lower than that. You can get 4k headsets if you want, but they will cost you more than a new 2080ti and you'll need two of those to truly run a 4k headset at 90hz. Most people aren't willing to spend that much money on something that has very limited applications to use it with.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Madhun1967 said:

well i have the Rift and was just hoping for a 4k set to buy.

Yeah.. and what are you going to power it with?
Current games struggles with the first gen of VR powered by powerful HW.
One of two things must take place before 4K or 8K VR:

- significantly more powerful gfx cards (steps like between 10 and 20 nV series is not enough)

or

- devs making use of methods which helps in VR rendering like nV VRworks or AMD LiquidVR

or both

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, koog2003 said:

Really ? I mean the original Rift tracking is great you know that. I am shocked to hear that despite the number of cameras on the Rift S tracking can be so bad. What about the resolution ? Is there any real graphic improvement you can spot ? Is it true it is more uncomfortable than the Rift to wear ? 

I think I said it badly.  The tracking on the new rift is very good.  The actual controllers don't feel as good in your hand.  The physical balance of the controller is top heavy.

As to the comfort issue, when I first got the Rift S I found it pretty uncomfortable.  However there is a little button on the bottom of the headset that lets you adjust the distance of the eye piece from your face and by tweaking that, it is now more comfortable than the old rift and much easier to adjust for other players.  The documentation of that button is sorely lacking.  

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, kellemann said:

Will this version have VR? Or dlc?

No to VR, yes to DLC.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Sorry for this little off topic but maybe @PJTierney would be able to answer me : I am wondering why we can't sale some cars in our garage like the Corsa Super 1600 or the Lancia Fulvia.

I am a bit perfectionnist and I like to have in my virtual garage all the cars that I really use and love. I am able to sale some of them and not the one that I have with the deluxe edition.

Is there any way to do it now or maybe in a future update ?

Thanks

20 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

I am wondering why we can't sale some cars in our garage like the Corsa Super 1600 or the Lancia Fulvia

Those 2 are your starter cars, and the only ones (other than the BMW M2 Competition) with free repairs.

If players sold those (and the rest of their garage) and somehow ran out of CR, they'd be locked out of My Team with no way to earn CR or buy cars.

They're essentially a safety net incase anyone runs out of CR, since you'll make savings from driving a car with free repairs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 2

If someone mucks up their career so bad that they can't play anymore then, the game does have an option to reset your career. Like, you get a game over so you start again. Safety nets like that seem like excessive pampering especially considering how easy the game is on the starting difficulty. Not to mention that deluxe players start with 1.4 million CR (or is it 1.6 now?) and near 20 cars, not much need for safety nets then

Aside from that though, maybe the safety nets should not remain in the game permanently. Or something like, if you have only one car in your garage (per discipline) then it has free repairs and you can't sell it but otherwise not. Then you'd have a safety net that goes away when you don't need it anymore. Free repairs just feel like cheating

Edited by HoksuHoo

22 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

Safety nets like that seem like excessive pampering especially considering how easy the game is on the starting difficulty.

Free repairs just feel like cheating

It's only for the slowest cars in the game, the 'beginner' cars. Being forced to drive them because you're so bad at the game that you ran out of money is more of a punishment than pampering 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

Who's ever gonna run out of credits? I have 9 millions casually just sitting there 😂

Lol I did 🙂 It happened to me with Dirt 1 and also with Dirt 2. Despite the fact that I have got better and better playing I am still having some troubles to win an event in both Rally and Rallycross in clubman I get my ass kicked very very often. It would be really really great to be able to change the difficulty of the Career mode. It can be really frustrating having to repeat the same damn race dozen of times before being able to win it. I dont really understand the reason why you cannot change the career difficulty to what you want. It is dumb imho

1 hour ago, CMMcBabe said:

No to VR, yes to DLC.

What about the Oculus Home version ? When will we finally get the DLCs @CMMcBabe ? We (people that bought the Oculus Home version) are waiting since a long time for that. Could you please man be so kind to give us an estimation or at least a confirmation that the DLCs are definitely coming ? 

Thank you very much in advance 

crazy to imagine how little the amount of people asking for VR and owning Dirt 2 and owning a wheel  lol ...................its such a niche crowd.

MY 1070ti plays Dirt and Projext cars 2 fine in VR and i hope thats the resolution tech will evolve to where we can all afford it and play it.

For now , ill just plan a nice triple set up ...........

1 hour ago, HoksuHoo said:

If someone mucks up their career so bad that they can't play anymore then, the game does have an option to reset your career. Like, you get a game over so you start again. Safety nets like that seem like excessive pampering especially considering how easy the game is on the starting difficulty. Not to mention that deluxe players start with 1.4 million CR (or is it 1.6 now?) and near 20 cars, not much need for safety nets then

Aside from that though, maybe the safety nets should not remain in the game permanently. Or something like, if you have only one car in your garage (per discipline) then it has free repairs and you can't sell it but otherwise not. Then you'd have a safety net that goes away when you don't need it anymore. Free repairs just feel like cheating

Ow yeah, someone runs out of credits and only broken cars left but has come far in career mode. In your case he should reset, loosing all his efforts. Guess what sort of spam codemasters would get 😃

1 hour ago, Janneman60 said:

Ow yeah, someone runs out of credits and only broken cars left but has come far in career mode. In your case he should reset, loosing all his efforts. Guess what sort of spam codemasters would get 😃

Has come far in career but has only broken cars? I would imagine that when you have come far in career then you have learned to repair your cars, and would have several cars. But yeah, maybe some kind of safety net is fine so it doesn't come to that, but imo safety nets should not treat players like simpletons.

Though if you have DLC then you wouldn't have to reset even in that scenario because you could wait for the next credit drop and free cars.

Edited by HoksuHoo

A CS:GO youtuber still playing DR games with a keyboard and making nice stories out of them. It's a nice watch!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Oh yeah it would be cool to have the Deluxe edition if only I would be allowed to buy it ... unfortunately if you have an Oculus for some reason you are a B series customer and you have no rights for Deluxe version, DLCs or world series. Please people avoid to reply saying you can buy the Steam version and play with that because you know as well as everybody knows that it works like **** and it stutters so much that it makes you sick. Take all my money Codemasters really but allow me to spend them please ! This crazy paradoxic situation in which you love a game you want to buy things, you want to support development but you are not allowed to buy them. If I did not know this is for real I would think it is a bad joke.

Edited by koog2003

3 hours ago, MattyH1812 said:

Who's ever gonna run out of credits? I have 9 millions casually just sitting there 😂

I did by compulsively buying three used cars in the same day because SALES and then proceeding to trash one of those into a tree. The repairs costed me all the remaining money apart from 300cr. which I couldn't use because no repairs were that cheap. Luckily I finished the event with a broken car and got the money

7 minutes ago, carpa said:

I did by compulsively buying three used cars in the same day because SALES and then proceeding to trash one of those into a tree. The repairs costed me all the remaining money apart from 300cr. which I couldn't use because no repairs were that cheap. Luckily I finished the event with a broken car and got the money

To me it is crazy not being able to change the difficulty in Career mode. In clubman is basically impossible to beat the AI 😞 I am getting tired of racing the same track 1000 times. It is stupid.