DiRTy Gossip

24 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I will be anxiously awaiting the reviews on the new version of Oculus on Steam. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, NateFink said:

Hopefully some of those who previously reviewed will have another look too 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• Dashboard cam
  • Occulus VR mode for Steam
  • Resolved audio cut-outs
  • Resolved turbo blow-off sound bug
  • More handbrake input settings
  • Ability to autofill a custom event
  • Broadcast mode for multiplayer
  • and a ****ton of other fixes?

1.9 is looking set to be a game-changer! 👍👍👍

Edited by Malling
  • Like 4
  • Agree 3

44 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

2nd of October will be my birthday. My analog handbrake is arriving tomorrow. Steam version with Oculus SDK coming the 1st of October. What can I say ? Happy birthday to me 🙂
I am very glad and I could not care less of buying the game again. It is worth it totally worth it. I will buy every possible single DLC you will ever release for this great game 🙂 

Thank you @PJTierney and my apologies for all the forum mess I might have caused. It has been long but finally I have what I wished 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NateFink said:

Using the Oculus SDK should make it identical to the Oculus version right ? I mean in terms of performances, tracking and such.

At least I own Dirt 1 for Oculus and the Steam version with Oculus SDK support and it works equally fine. I see no differences. 

Edited by koog2003

CM: "Added files for Abu Dhabi RX track, Peugeot 206 Rally, VW Golf kitcar"

ME:
Afbeeldingsresultaat voor excited gif

also realizing that times goes really very fast

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

This is great news, and fast work by the team. I asked this in twitter, but would codemasters be willing to allow a non nda open beta branch on steam for users?

32 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

Using the Oculus SDK should make it identical to the Oculus version right ? I mean in terms of performances, tracking and such.

Since I own both the oculus store and steam versions, my immediate priority will be running and recording another direct performance comparison between both versions with my rift cv1. I will most likely use spain again, since the frame drops around the buildings really exasperated the issues with the steamvr version.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ialyrn said:

I asked this in twitter, but would codemasters be willing to allow a non nda open beta branch on steam for users?

I don't know the answer to this but imagine it's unlikely.

3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I don't know the answer to this but imagine it's unlikely.

No worries. Im just glad they are fully adding oculus support to steam. I will definitely be testing it and reporting back.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor excited gif

also realizing that times goes really very fast

RIGHT?! it feels like every two week period flies by! 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

My negative review on steam will definitely change.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, somethingthing said:

My negative review on steam will definitely change.

I changed mine on the Oculus store too after the news.

• Like 2

I have not postet a review yet, but once all is working i will post a posetive one. The best VR experience by a mile when its working.

Still have some issues with no sound and small fps drops on oculus store, and some minor bug with the fanatec handbreak. 

Keep up the good work!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

and if spectators needs to have full version of the game.

Let's say I would like to record my rides using other computer and spectator mode (since it's impossible when playing in VR). 

It was probably mentioned before, but is Peugeot 206 Rally stated for next week going to be 206 WRC or some FWD version?

2 minutes ago, Pioy said:

It was probably mentioned before, but is Peugeot 206 Rally stated for next week going to be 206 WRC or some FWD version?

It will be the WRC version.

Codies don't have the WRC license, so they replace "WRC" with "Rally" in the car name, as they have done for several other cars in the game.

Edited by Malling
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

and if spectators needs to have full version of the game.

Let's say I would like to record my rides using other computer and spectator mode (since it's impossible when playing in VR). 

I don't see why it wouldn't work the same way as it does currently; if the host has the DLC, joiners will get the DLC for use too.  Spectating should be this way even more likely.

2 minutes ago, kellemann said:

Hope the spectator mode will work in vr...

Ok now it's getting silly, if you wanna spectate in VR just go see a bloody rally, ***** christ

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I don't see why it wouldn't work the same way as it does currently; if the host has the DLC, joiners will get the DLC for use too.  Spectating should be this way even more likely.

I think you missed the point. Question is does spectating person needs paid version of DR2 to spectate. My guess is he does because otherwise it would be not trivial to CM to publish a viewer only. But I wish I'm wrong

30 minutes ago, kellemann said:

Hope the spectator mode will work in vr...

like current replays? I would like to get full VR view like in replays in DR1

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

24 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

Ok now it's getting silly, if you wanna spectate in VR just go see a bloody rally, ***** christ

Actually I always wondered which kind of experience should be going to see a rally. I mean you get to a curve or a jump and then you stay there. You see all the cars but that's the only part of the race you are able to enjoy basically.

17 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

I think you missed the point. Question is does spectating person needs paid version of DR2 to spectate. My guess is he does because otherwise it would be not trivial to CM to publish a viewer only. But I wish I'm wrong

like current replays? I would like to get full VR view like in replays in DR1

If your question was meant to read, do you need a copy of the game to spectate from, then yes, you do.  It's an in-game spectator mode, not a streaming service.

8 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

It's an in-game spectator mode, not a streaming service.

And what do you think, how in-game spectator mode distributes data? Isn't it streaming too?
Your argumentation is weak. Just don't know the reasons behind.

CM could publish DR2 game client, which gives no other options than spectate. As I said I don't think it's going to happen. But it would be nice. On the other hand how many non-players would download 80GB just to spectate. I'm afraid no enough ROI for that.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl