DiRTy Gossip

1 hour ago, Johnnnn said:

If I love Dirt rally 2 should I try Dirt 4?

The tutorials / rally school section of D4 are worth checking out for newcomers (That is if you're getting it free on Gamepass).

... the soundtrack is way better too ūüėä

Edited by SquirrelEsquire
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

hmmm... if you can find it for cheap. (incidentally, I'm picking up a PS4 copy for 10$ tomorrow. I've already got it on Steam)

having procedural generation is nice because it means every single stage in the career mode is different. but the downside is that every single stage is an amalgam of turns you have done before, and it's possible to get the same sequence of turns more than twice in a single stage, which can get repetitive. I personally like it, but a lot of people didn't.

in terms of car content, it's similar to DR2: all the classes are the exact same, except there's a few less cars: no RGT cars, no Skoda, Polo or C3 in R5, no DS21 in H1, no Golf in H2 FWD, no 240z in H3, on the other hand, there's only one DLC vehicle (the Hyundai i20 R5), so like the F2, Group B RWD, >2000cc and Group B RX classes are all included for free, though the rally classes have less vehicles than DR2.

in terms of location content, you get 5 RX tracks, 5 rally locations (Wales, Spain, Australia, Sweden & USA), and 3 landrush locations. so significantly less. the graphics are fine for 2017, but noticeably worse than the current game. also worth noting while they all look pretty similar to the stages in DR 2, you won't recognize many of the actual turns in the game.

the real advantages come in terms of detail and immersion:

• every single thing - from assists to steering linearity to game modes¬†- is very clearly explained in detail. there's a "What's This?" button that is super handy, and is one of the basic functions in every menu, so you are never unsure of what's going on. (screenshot below)
  • turning down the assists (and turning up the difficulty) gives you small cash bonuses when rewards are granted, so you can slowly turn things off as you get better and gradually make more money.
  • there's a livery creator, and you have contracts for sponsors, which each give you specific targets for each event (driving clean stages, having the fastest time in x number of segments etc). engineers are also on contracts, so you can slowly hire better ones and balance their skills
  • there are waaay more times of day (10!) and weather conditions (13!).¬†so if you're doing an event with many stages, you can start in the morning with light rain, which turns into heavy rain in the late morning and at noon, which gives way to fog in the afternoon and evening, and then clears out for a couple of night stages. it's probably the best part of the game, in my opinion.
  • you can choose whether you want to have a more arcade or sim-like physics experience. the arcade is more like Dirt 2 and 3, and sim is like a watered-down version of what you get in the Dirt Rally titles. the sim isn't not as good as the DR games, and people were not happy about that. tarmac physics are good though. some of the best in any Dirt game.

Inked20190325115157_1_LI.thumb.jpg.a395c5069fea7cb7bc4f49f933c748a2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

9 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

No.

When Volkswagen Golf Kit car will released? Who knows?

Just pondering a question this morning: how likely do we think further seasons are for DR2.0? 

I see several mentions made about certain suggestions being more likely for "a future title", so I wonder how long additional content will keep coming to DR2.0 if there are other games on the horizon?

4 minutes ago, Decks said:

Is this the one with the dash cam?

the view does look great. stinking cold or video would be up :classic_sad:

46 minutes ago, Decks said:

Coolio. Someone get a video up please.

ill get on that, once home from work

12 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

Si amo Dirt rally 2, ¬Ņdeber√≠a probar Dirt 4?

Yes. Buggies and trucks perfect.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Just pondering a question this morning: how likely do we think further seasons are for DR2.0? 

I see several mentions made about certain suggestions being more likely for "a future title", so I wonder how long additional content will keep coming to DR2.0 if there are other games on the horizon?

I not have an answer for you, but I have noticed a few things which I haven't noticed with DR1 or D4. 

The feeling I have is that Codemasters really trying to invest quite a lot to make the DiRT series more spread again in the gaming community. In the past i always had feeling that Codemasters titles stayed for a very long time for a high price, while now I have the feeling they went quite fast in actions (XBox passes) and discounts (on all platforms). Not only for DR2.0, but also with DR1 they did actions (free copies). Also they started with a minimum of half a year support and showing to listen to the community a lot better and implement things.

For me it all points towards one thing and that is that Codemasters is committed to DiRT / Rally and investing in it to get more gamers known with DiRT. With D4 this feeling was a bit opposite. 

So for me DiRT Rally 2.0 is not only a full game, but I also see CM use it as an investment for their future. Not only the game itself, but also with attracting gamers to it and for the next gen consoles.

There are a few points what the future will hold us with a new game or new DLC.
- Launch of the next gen consoles. Which might be at the end of 2020
- Launches of DiRT titles
--- DR1: Lets keep this on early 2016
--- D4: June 2017
--- DR2.0: February 2019

New game?
If you look at the timeline of the launches of last DiRT titles then logically you would say about one and a half year later after DR2.0 a possible next DiRT title would come (Autumn 2020). The problem is that at around the same point the next gen consoles might/probably will come to the shops. Not really the best timing you would say, also with they eye on keeping support for it.

So in my opinion, DR2.0 will be the last DiRT title for the current gen consoles. What might happen that there could come a kind of spin-off. For example a DiRT Showdown, but than maybe DiRT RX. Although I think it is unlikely that will happen.

A new DiRT titles seem unlikely to happen in 2020 and most likely will be for the new gen consoles in 2021

New DLC?
New DLC for DR2.0 seems therefore more likely. Although I think it is unlikely a new Rally location will arrive as now all DR1 locations in DR2 and a new rally location takes a lot of resources, I think Rally cars and RX content is more likely.

If I am thinking about RX content, than f.e. Projekt E would be very likely, 2020 season RX content somewhere near the summer, maybe some cars who already were made for D4 (POLO AND DS3 PLEASE), maybe ARX DLC. But a lot of that also depend on what next season RX will bring.

Till then 
Season 4 DLC and eSports end in January and till then still some free content could be added (also what happened with DirtFish and the BMW). For new seasons I have really no idea what they could add oither than new Rally cars and possible some RX content.

For now I think Projekt E might be the best chance of DLC and will be similar implemented like RX2. So a standalone class with one kinda real livery and all other liverys are fake. And with the car model already be available in season 4, it would not take a lot of resources.
Afbeeldingsresultaat voor projekt E RX

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, tbtstt said:

free stuff - including two locations - very likely (in Feb). 9/10.

actual new seasons? I have no clue, but I think they are at least somewhat contingent on how S3/4 sells, and as far as I can tell... that didn't go as well as expected, given how many people were complaining about the pass being too expensive for what you get (one less location, only two rally locations in 6 months, just 2 rally cars new to the series, half of the RX cars could've just been additional liveries on the current RX cars, still no i20 RX)

so for actual new seasons I give it a completely arbitrary 4/10. I'd love it if they've had people sneaking around all year working on like 6 new rally locations and past World RX locations like Hockenheim, Italy, Kouvola, Turkey, San Luis and Rosario (the last two were in Argentina. CotA can f off), but it just seems like a lot of work for a game that doesn't have as many people playing it as it should. so we'll see.

Edited by ianism

25 minutes ago, ianism said:

New locations? Oooooh, I'm intrigued!

My real motivation for asking is, if we are to get more seasons, then it's likely that we will get to see more cars. Specifically cars that come in blue and yellow...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, ianism said:

actual new seasons? I have no clue, but I think they are at least somewhat contingent on how S3/4 sells, and as far as I can tell... that didn't go as well as expected, given how many people were complaining about the pass being too expensive for what you get (one less location, only two rally locations in 6 months, just 2 rally cars new to the series, half of the RX cars could've just been additional liveries on the current RX cars, still no i20 RX)

so for actual new seasons I give it a completely arbitrary 4/10. I'd love it if they've had people sneaking around all year working on like 6 new rally locations and past World RX locations like Hockenheim, Italy, Kouvola, Turkey, San Luis and Rosario (the last two were in Argentina. CotA can f off), but it just seems like a lot of work for a game that doesn't have as many people playing it as it should. so we'll see.

Of course they might sell a bit more if they opened up by selling to folks who bought it on the Oculus Store.  Or maybe they are hoping I will drop the $120 and buy it off Steam.

• Agree 2

Start VR in oculus mode... much better graphics possible, no stuttering at all... woohoo¬†Codemasters this is a great job ūüĎć

• Like 2

I would invest around $50 for something new. It's better to support good game than buying day 1 ultra edition for $150. Current communication and support looks good to me and that's all what I need to invest more money.

And it's not like game as a service. I don't like that concept. We got solid game and options to get new content. I like it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2