DiRTy Gossip

3 hours ago, bogani said:

Shouldn't have an impact as the DLC cars aren't open to be modded. 

That Skoda Fabia R5 isn't a DLC car though.

1 hour ago, Jepsertti said:

That Skoda Fabia R5 isn't a DLC car though.

Oh, thought it was the Fabia WRC? My mistake then. 

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Conditions (Freeplay):

• Daytime / Clear / Dry
  • Daytime / Cloudy / Wet
  • Sunset / Cloudy / Wet
  • Sunrise / Clear / Dry
  • Dusk / Cloudy / Dry
  • Dusk / Cloudy / Wet

The Dusk ones are dark 😉 

It's the desert, why are we even having "wet" conditions! :classic_laugh:

10 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

It's the desert, why are we even having "wet" conditions! :classic_laugh:

Because Codemasters is very proud of its raining system 😄

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tea3k said:

What a great cam update on my skoda

IMG_20191002_082044.jpg

At least you know what gear you're in.

• Haha 6

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Conditions (Freeplay):

• Daytime / Clear / Dry
  • Daytime / Cloudy / Wet
  • Sunset / Cloudy / Wet
  • Sunrise / Clear / Dry
  • Dusk / Cloudy / Dry
  • Dusk / Cloudy / Wet

The Dusk ones are dark 😉 

three times of day? for an RX track? plus a dark one?

edit: "sunrise"? what the hell? can we get that in other locations, along with "dawn"?

Image result for woah gif

[actually it's a bit unnerving using a Keanu gif because when he was this young he looked a lot like me]

Edited by ianism
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Have the devs mentioned anything about tweaking the co-driver? In dirt rally 1 i had no issues with imaging how the upcoming turns would look and to prepare for them and that would allow me to push the car but in dirt rally 2 a turn 3 can be as the previous turn 5. Sometimes a square right/left or a caution can be told just a few seconds before. At one of the bridges at Argentina i failed it 4 times in a row just because he didnt tell it soon enough. I could change the timing of pacenotes but then everything else would get told way to early for my taste.

I guess its no way of turning off the useless comments the co-driver makes in the end of each stage?

Edited by somethingthing

16 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

Have the devs mentioned anything about tweaking the co-driver? In dirt rally 1 i had no issues with imaging how the upcoming turns would look and to prepare for them and that would allow me to push the car but in dirt rally 2 a turn 3 can be as the previous turn 5. Sometimes a square right/left or a caution can be told just a few seconds before. At one of the bridges at Argentina i failed it 4 times in a row just because he didnt tell it soon enough. I could change the timing of pacenotes but then everything else would get told way to early for my taste.

I guess its no way of turning off the useless comments the co-driver makes in the end of each stage?

I noticed they are sometimes too soon and sometimes too late. I have settings two steps ahead and in Greece at least one corner is told when I am in it 😄 And sometimes it's too early so I don't understand what for it is because it's 4 corners ahead 😄

6 hours ago, gk9147 said:

Projekt EEEEEEEEEEE 😂

I should have put Projekt eeeuuwww. Blah electric!  

As a spectator a few more tens of a second acceleration does nothing for me, maybe as a driver?   But to watch the equivalent of a full size RC car is so bland without sound and smell.   

Again I will say a lot for being responsible for the earth but keep this PC **** out of Motorsports.  

Would you watch a soccer match if everyone was dressed in a sumo suit for the sake of safety?  Yeah it would be a great joke but not for the entire sport.

/rant off

-sorry 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, gfRally said:

Blah electric!  

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3HLKQjosbc/

Not a big fan of the meme but here you go 🤔

As for electrics, I think you should give Formula E a quick watch. The Gen. 2 cars have had some great races this year 🙂 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

about this general electric vs combustion engine discussion we've got going...

I don't really consider myself for or against using electric cars in motorsport (though I am curious to see how this drives). Growing up, I was always into how supercars looked and how fast they were. (I wasn't really interested in rally, tuners or muscle cars.) In my opinion, people are just attached to internal combustion engines because they have learned to associate the sounds they make with raw power and something that looks good and goes quick. Kind of like the way we associate the taste of beer with the sensations of being drunk and the good times that (theoretically) go with it. I stil like them (both beer and combustion engines), but there's nothing inherently "better" about them, I think. It's a thing that does a thing. That's it.

@PJTierney but wow, I cannot believe an official event organiser made that dumb of a meme. in my opinion, to use her face in such a simplistic way should be beneath official outlets, whichever point of view they are trying to support.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

31 minutes ago, ianism said:

about this general electric vs combustion engine discussion we've got going...

I don't really consider myself for or against using electric cars in motorsport (though I am curious to see how this drives). Growing up, I was always into how supercars looked and how fast they were. (I wasn't really interested in rally, tuners or muscle cars.) In my opinion, people are just attached to internal combustion engines because they have learned to associate the sounds they make with raw power and something that looks good and goes quick. Kind of like the way we associate the taste of beer with the sensations of being drunk and the good times that (theoretically) go with it. I stil like them (both beer and combustion engines), but there's nothing inherently "better" about them, I think. It's a thing that does a thing. That's it.

@PJTierney but wow, I cannot believe an official event organiser made that dumb of a meme. in my opinion, to use her face in such a simplistic way should be beneath official outlets, whichever point of view they are trying to support.

It just would be enough to add speakers replicating the engine's sound. Actually if I am not mistaken Audi already does that for some electric models.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

It just would be enough to add speakers replicating the engine's sound. Actually if I am not mistaken Audi already does that for some electric models.

me : nice you have new car

friends : yes , its electric 

me : oh no electric car 

friends :  i have sound car option:classic_cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, gk9147 said:

me : nice you have new car

friends : yes , its electric 

me : oh no electric car 

friends :  i have sound car option:classic_cool:

We need this guy to do a Rallycross start 😛

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, JanBradáč said:

Tomorrow! 😏

What's tomorrow ?

6 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

What's tomorrow ?

Muddy and Rainy Wales Rally GB is on start 😅

• Like 3

2 hours ago, koog2003 said:

Image result for rally meme

An oval in the wet is a suicide mission.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

I noticed they are sometimes too soon and sometimes too late. I have settings two steps ahead and in Greece at least one corner is told when I am in it 😄 And sometimes it's too early so I don't understand what for it is because it's 4 corners ahead 😄

im in the middle right now and on new zealand the co-driver said hairpin right into finish when i was just about to cross the line. The co-driver is broken.

Edited by somethingthing

1 hour ago, somethingthing said:

im in the middle right now and on new zealand the co-driver said hairpin right into finish when i was just about to cross the line. The co-driver is broken.

I have the same experience 😄 But the co-driver is usually OK.

Today I did weekly challenge with NR4 class and it was soooo good. I love the game and the controls. Controlling of the car is so satisfying. It's a game of my dreams 😄 Let me buy some new content!

• Like 2

random thought: I think this game needs more Evos to balance out all the Imprezas. and I'm saying that as someone who grew up in Subarus

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

2 hours ago, ianism said:

random thought: I think this game needs more Evos to balance out all the Imprezas. and I'm saying that as someone who grew up in Subarus

It could use more Evos, but it also needs MOAR Subarus.  It needs the 2011 hatch WRX it needs the Hawk Eye WRX, and for the Historics it needs a 360.  It also needs a classic Justy and Brat.

Posted (edited)

lets say i buy a dlc will it automatically be one of the places in career?

Edited by somethingthing