DiRTy Gossip

40 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

lets say i buy a dlc will it automatically be one of the places in career?

Yes. Well it will still be 6 locations only. But the new DLC will be put into the bag to randomly draw the locations from.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

Yes. Well it will still be 6 locations only. But the new DLC will be put into the bag to randomly draw the locations from.

Thanks!  Its great that CM allows us to buy each stage and car separately! Monaco was a stage i usually just retired from because it was so boring (its weird because the layout are cool but it felt... dull?) and germany was a stage i never looked forward to but was ok. The stages in DR2 are all fun except Spain which only ok 😞

Edited by somethingthing

We should be able to select the location in the career mode. I honestly love the tarmac rallys and it's hard to have all the 3 tarmac ones in the same champ in the career.

(Maybe because I am only able to win the tarmac ones) 🤡

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

We should be able to select the location in the career mode. I honestly love the tarmac rallys and it's hard to have all the 3 tarmac ones in the same champ in the career.

(Maybe because I am only able to win the tarmac ones) 🤡

I'm a circuit racer at heart, so I feel more confident at Spain and Germany 🙂 (and RX)

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I'm a circuit racer at heart, so I feel more confident at Spain and Germany 🙂 (and RX)

@PJTierney I did not have the chance to thank you and to get back to you with my feedback of the Steam version with Oculus SDK. 

Man it works wonders 🙂 I am very happy and I believe I have never spent money for a better game than this one. I could not care less that I have bought the game twice. It is totally absolutely worth it.
The game is so much fun so satisfying 🙂 Above all I love Sweden rally with the Wolkswagen polo R5.

I cannot wait for the new World Series to start again and compete. 

How does it work exactly ? Can you join at a second round (since I missed the first one for obvious reasons) ? Thank you in advance PJ and again, once more, my apologies for having insisted so much. 

Edited by koog2003
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

All the World Series details are here:

https://dirtrally2.com/esports

Mmm I have read through all of it. It is not clear/stated if you are allowed to join for the second and third round if you were unable to join for the first round. Will I have to wait or I will be able to join in few days ? Yesterday night I have tried and it was saying there were no races to join. 

Wait for Round 2 to begin. You don't have to do every Qualifier to qualify, just be real fast in one of them 😉 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Wait for Round 2 to begin. You don't have to do every Qualifier to qualify, just be real fast in one of them 😉 

Thanks PJ ! 🙂

Weekend plan:   

- Train
- Train
- Train
- Train
- Train again
- Train more !

• Haha 1

Set your clocks, video will go live on Monday evening 😉 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Spain Germany and Monaco make a really nice mini rally championship, especially for RWD cars like the Rally GT class, one of my favourite things to do atm

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

Spain Germany and Monaco make a really nice mini rally championship, especially for RWD cars like the Rally GT class, one of my favourite things to do atm

Sounds like a Club idea 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattyH1812 said:

R-GT cars do run only on tarmac in the FIA-promoted R-GT Cup, so that makes sense as a choice. They do include Ypres in the calendar though😉

Posted (edited)

What I'd give to see a new tarmac rally dlc for DR2...

Like Japan :

Canaria :

or Croatia :

Edited by toninus
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

As far as I remember japanese stages from CMR : Dirt the 1st were quite good.
I would love to hear that they could reuse some of this old stuff, improve the visuals (especially the ugly brown lighting), add a few kilometers and put them in DR2.

Reminder :

Edited by toninus
  • Like 1

Do anyone know of a free program thats easy to understand to edit movies? All thats needed is that i can cut parts of different clips into one long. Its for bug reporting in dr2 so i hope its ok asking here.

6 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I like tarmac too but Rally-cross is a mystery for me. Does racing like work on a tarmac? Cars are too powerful so it's easy to slide. I can imagine pretty tight corner sliding a bit and normal corner no sliding at all. Am I right?

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, toninus said:

As far as I remember japanese stages from CMR : Dirt the 1st were quite good.
I would love to hear that they could reuse some of this old stuff, improve the visuals (especially the ugly brown lighting), add a few kilometers and put them in DR2.

I'm pretty sure that porting stuff from a 12 year old game is not going to work, those stages are technically so dated and un-detailed compared to DR2.0 stages that they'd need to create entire new ones from scratch.

The cars that appear parked on stages in DR2.0 most likely have several times more polygons than the drivable cars in the first Dirt. That's how far apart the games are technically

Edited by HoksuHoo

1 hour ago, somethingthing said:

Do anyone know of a free program thats easy to understand to edit movies? All thats needed is that i can cut parts of different clips into one long. Its for bug reporting in dr2 so i hope its ok asking here.

well if you have VLC installed already, you can use that to just stitch clips together and output a single file. Here is a quick article that touches on it, but the process is super quick & easy - but it is also extremely basic

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-use-vlc-to-combine-two-clips

Not the best solution by any means, but this is probably the "lightest" solution since a lot of people have VLC already so you wont even need to install anything.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Johnnnn said:

I like tarmac too but Rally-cross is a mystery for me. Does racing like work on a tarmac? Cars are too powerful so it's easy to slide. I can imagine pretty tight corner sliding a bit and normal corner no sliding at all. Am I right?

RX cars (Supercars anyway) are built to slide, as they have enough power to pull out of corners while drifting. 

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

well if you have VLC installed already, you can use that to just stitch clips together and output a single file. Here is a quick article that touches on it, but the process is super quick & easy - but it is also extremely basic

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-use-vlc-to-combine-two-clips

Not the best solution by any means, but this is probably the "lightest" solution since a lot of people have VLC already so you wont even need to install anything.

Thanks, it doesnt need to make the video good its just to highlight some things and easier to show in a clip than just describing in text.

another topic: just got done with the Subaru grA in career. One of the best cars ive tried yet! Around 17h put into the game since tuesday afternoon. Being unemployed has its advantages. Im having so much fun and the latest update is so good.. even if the co-driver making me crazy every now and then. Its really one of those beautiful love-hate relationships!

Edited by somethingthing
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

RX cars (Supercars anyway) are built to slide, as they have enough power to pull out of corners while drifting. 

Wow, thanks. But still there must be some disadvantage. For instance, new tires every few minutes? 😄 So you slide everywhere and are fast? I tried rally-cross several times but I am not sure at all. I need to play it more first.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, somethingthing said:

lets say i buy a dlc will it automatically be one of the places in career?

yeah you have to finish the current career championship (either driving it or retiring some or all of the events) and then the next one that loads could have DLC location(s) in it. it's random which ones get selected. 

personally, in the career mode I just compete in the events I want to do, and retire the rest. I don't really care about progressing to the next difficulty level because anything harder than Pro is probably going to be beyond me.

15 hours ago, NateFink said:

It could use more Evos, but it also needs MOAR Subarus.  It needs the 2011 hatch WRX it needs the Hawk Eye WRX, and for the Historics it needs a 360.  It also needs a classic Justy and Brat.

2011... presumably the NR4 one? I don't see the point, we already have the 2008 hatch which looks almost identical, and there's already an Impreza in NR4 😕

Hawkeye would be cool though

edit: holy ish 1k posts... I've only been here since early March o.O

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, ianism said:

yeah you have to finish the current career championship (either driving it or retiring some or all of the events) and then the next one that loads could have DLC location(s) in it. it's random which ones get selected. 

personally, in the career mode I just compete in the events I want to do, and retire the rest. I don't really care about progressing to the next difficulty level because anything harder than Pro is probably going to be beyond me.

2011... presumably the NR4 one? I don't see the point, we already have the 2008 hatch which looks almost identical, and there's already an Impreza in NR4 😕

Hawkeye would be cool though

Really I want a 2014 WRX in the game.  Preferably in Dark Gray Metallic and as close to stock as possible because I want to feel like I am rallying  my daily driver.

• Like 1