DiRTy Gossip

2 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Yeah...when I saw the d+ green livery I was like ***?!

I don't know what 3 letter word the forum would censor that makes any sense in that context.

2 hours ago, Keko55 said:

Don’t. They’re the same as the original CM ones, and they look equally large.

I understand 4 of those translated words.

In completely unrelated topic, @PJTierney could you bother someone on the Grid crew to fix the 21:9 HUD? It's basically just what seems to be regular 16:9, but set to the left. Which is all sorts of wrong.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

The forum censor “w.t.f” ... that’s stupid.

That's disappointing. I thought maybe I would learn a new word today.

1 hour ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

The forum censor “w.t.f” ... that’s stupid.

On the contrary, the F means something, and this is a family-friendly forum.

Those *** icons are a gentle reminder to reword your feedback in a more constructive manner ❤️ 

Mmm...here we can start a long debate about “what a letter can mean” but ok I can understand what you are saying.

so....

❤️.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, PJTierney said:

On the contrary, the F means something, and this is a family-friendly forum.

Those *** icons are a gentle reminder to reword your feedback in a more constructive manner ❤️ 

Oh yeah? Well tell me how ***** isn't family friendly? Not to mention sometimes the censor just breaks.

21 hours ago, chukonu said:

**** word-filters, I do not abide by them.

Haha, amazing example.

Edit* the censor started to work. ****

22 hours ago, PJTierney said:

We all know you meant What The Fulvia anyway.

Please PJ, keep your Fulvia between you and your doctor.

*Imagine John Lithgow and Jane Curtin here*

Dr. Mary Albright:
For future reference: I have a red Volvo.

Dr. **** Solomon:
Please, Dr. Albright, we barely know each other.

Edited by JZStudios

On 10/7/2019 at 7:59 PM, mwoodski said:

i literally just go into freeplay at dirtfish to launch cars off the jump perpendicular to normal direction of travel to flip and wreck em.

Well...anyway in the end you don’t have to worry about the damage. You can flip like 10 times into space at 1000mph ,return to earth with the car on fire and flip again 10 times.no problem bruh! the car can run just fine...(real hard core damage standards)

I have watched few videos of Grid, dont like it. but the are few very good parts that hope will find way in Dirt series!

1) The Livery customization with pattern and color change, much better than Dirt4,wonder why is this not in DR 2.0 it would be much much better game ,with it!

2) I like the idea of Team mate, it would be good for Career mode, for Team Championship points! it would give much deeper filling to Career Mode, in my opinion this Career Mode We have is a colourless. just play and race, no thrill.. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, dani211212 said:

2) I like the idea of Team mate, it would be good for Career mode, for Team Championship points! it would give much deeper filling to Career Mode, in my opinion this Career Mode We have is a colourless. just play and race, no thrill.. 

I think this is where the F1 and WRC games (and to a lesser extent Grid) do better than DR2—they give you a feeling being part of something bigger than just you and a car. It makes things feel more meaningful when failure doesn't just mean a big repair bill, but loss of reputation, worsening relationships with your team, etc. It's a good extrinsic motivation.

I know DR2 has this to some extent with Clubs, but that relies on community support to work, and it lacks the formal team aspect. Something wholly self-contained within the game would be a big improvement, imo.

Edited by caerphoto
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

I have watched few videos of Grid, dont like it. but the are few very good parts that hope will find way in Dirt series!

1) The Livery customization with pattern and color change, much better than Dirt4,wonder why is this not in DR 2.0 it would be much much better game ,with it!

What you don’t like about it? I mean major aspects..

Why do some of you care so much about the liveries? Its very popular with user created liveries and if a livery, modded or official, is wrong in any way the community will always tell and thats true for all racing games. What makes the livery so important? 🙂

Not everyone play on pc and can use mods.if like me you are on console you don’t have any choices...you must use the default ones...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

Why do some of you care so much about the liveries? Its very popular with user created liveries and if a livery, modded or official, is wrong in any way the community will always tell and thats true for all racing games. What makes the livery so important? 🙂

I might agree to some extent, but the big problem is that the DLC cars cant be modded. So we're stuck with the garbage liveries they provide. For example, until now I had absolutely no interest in the Focus 07 because of the terrible liveries it had.

• Agree 4

33 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

What you don’t like about it? I mean major aspects..

I am very complicated person :) I dont like Circuit Racing (like Nikki Lauda said once only idiots drive in ciclre :) ), only exception is Gran Turismo, its a game serial i grow up with, and i bought GT Sport more in nostalgic reason.

Second it looks to Arcadey, almost NFS with that rewind function.. maybe its just me, i grow up that.. it doesn't appeal me 

38 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

in real life, you like your things, so You modify them so they make you more comfortable? i like to be creative, to make it more personal, its something that you spend time with, i have Career Modes with 200+ hours, with that time you get bored, you want to change something to make the thrill when you drive again, and there is alway resembling of iconic liveries that ties with history that you wanna in some way expirient yourself.

We on Console cant help our self with modding, and to be honest, Liveries in DR 2.0 arent the best,its a big step back from Dirt Rally 1.0 in livery aspect..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pioy said:

Please, give us 2o6 screen! 🙂

There’s a video on youtube showing the 206 in action, it has the silver Clarion (2002) livery. If you type “Dirt Rally 2 206” you will find it, it was posted 2 days ago. 

Someone has obviously managed to get hold of it early just like with most the dlc that has been released so far. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingOfCoins said:

I might agree to some extent, but the big problem is that the DLC cars cant be modded. So we're stuck with the garbage liveries they provide. For example, until now I had absolutely no interest in the Focus 07 because of the terrible liveries it had.

1 hour ago, dani211212 said:

I am very complicated person 🙂 I dont like Circuit Racing (like Nikki Lauda said once only idiots drive in ciclre 🙂), only exception is Gran Turismo, its a game serial i grow up with, and i bought GT Sport more in nostalgic reason.

Second it looks to Arcadey, almost NFS with that rewind function.. maybe its just me, i grow up that.. it doesn't appeal me 

in real life, you like your things, so You modify them so they make you more comfortable? i like to be creative, to make it more personal, its something that you spend time with, i have Career Modes with 200+ hours, with that time you get bored, you want to change something to make the thrill when you drive again, and there is alway resembling of iconic liveries that ties with history that you wanna in some way expirient yourself.

We on Console cant help our self with modding, and to be honest, Liveries in DR 2.0 arent the best,its a big step back from Dirt Rally 1.0 in livery aspect..

My question was more to understand why do the livery matter so much. The modding was an example that ppl put alot of time into it and it seems to be very appreciated by others. Is it for the replay or do you use with the car visible so thats why it important for it to look special?

1 hour ago, somethingthing said:

My question was more to understand why do the livery matter so much. The modding was an example that ppl put alot of time into it and it seems to be very appreciated by others. Is it for the replay or do you use with the car visible so thats why it important for it to look special?

Sorry didnt understand first time the question, Replay mostly, and somethime i like to drive in 3rd view in DirtFish and watch the perfect model of Cars and 360 around Car..

On 10/9/2019 at 9:58 AM, caerphoto said:

I think this is where the F1 and WRC games (and to a lesser extent Grid) do better than DR2—they give you a feeling being part of something bigger than just you and a car. It makes things feel more meaningful when failure doesn't just mean a big repair bill, but loss of reputation, worsening relationships with your team, etc. It's a good extrinsic motivation.

I know DR2 has this to some extent with Clubs, but that relies on community support to work, and it lacks the formal team aspect. Something wholly self-contained within the game would be a big improvement, imo.

for me ,dirt 2 and TOCA game have very good career  too 

on dirt 2 look 2:24  and if continue the carrer sometimes ken block , pastrana , dave mira ... call  you for special event , xgames...

@dani211212 same i play gt sport for nostalgia too , and i have question you create livrery on GT sport ? if yes ,is possible to add you on PSN ?

@PJTierney i hope for next dirt have really career and lot really livrery and better option for custom livrery 

• Like 1

honnestly the 2 last livrery update( and dirtfish livrery too ) is very beautiful very nice 

• Agree 3

damn, gotta wait another week to see what the next two cars look like.

@PJTierney, in rallycross we do races with a large group, say 16 drivers. We do the heats in 2 different clubs and after that have a ranking with top 12 going to semi's and after that top 6 to the final. But it doesn't work in dr2 because there is no option "final only" in this game.

Can this be changed/implemented please?

19 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

@PJTierney, in rallycross we do races with a large group, say 16 drivers. We do the heats in 2 different clubs and after that have a ranking with top 12 going to semi's and after that top 6 to the final. But it doesn't work in dr2 because there is no option "final only" in this game.

Can this be changed/implemented please?

I just wish they would implement bigger lobbies. With 20+ people league RX would be brilliant!