DiRTy Gossip

Block has done  tremendous good here in the US for us rally fans to popularize the sport and keep the fans going.How he achieved that is obviously controversial to some jealous peeps out there LOL.

I met him a few times ,and like i said he has done so much and not a bit afraid of his criticism.To be at a level after starting at 38 is talent!

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Madhun1967 said:

To be at a level after starting at 38 is talent!

Means I've got a few years before I need to get started then 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Madhun1967 said:

Block has done  tremendous good here in the US for us rally fans to popularize the sport and keep the fans going.How he achieved that is obviously controversial to some jealous peeps out there LOL.

I met him a few times ,and like i said he has done so much and not a bit afraid of his criticism.To be at a level after starting at 38 is talent!

I agree with you on some point,but i’d Say Talent,and Money...that it’s a huge advantage.rally is not cheap.

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Means I've got a few years before I need to get started then 😄 

Well...if you have the money to invest in car,mechanics,expensive spare parts,tires and engine rebuilt...yeah you are ready to go

17 hours ago, JZStudios said:

On a completely random topic, I've gotten PCSX2 up and running and was playing some old games like Burnout 3, Midnight Club 3, GT4, and Enthusia, and decided to try out my wheel.

Enthusia is surprisingly phenomenal. It requires some sort of spring force, which thankfully my wheel has, but after getting the FFB dialed in, it's shockingly good. A real shame it never got a sequel.

I'm planning on setting up PCSX2 soon, largely to play MC2/3, the PS2 version of NFS Hot Pursuit 2, and the SSX games. I'll check out Enthusia too. never heard of it.

I've got these games for PS2 and I can play them on a super old backwards compatible PS3 I got a year ago, but it's steam engine loud and slow as hell haha

1 hour ago, Madhun1967 said:

just so we're clear, most of the hate for Block in this forum is actually people who agree with you just making fun of the Block haters by saying negative but silly things about him. it's 95%+ sarcasm. 🙂

13 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Today is patch day?

2 weeks away, roughly.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

2 weeks away, roughly.

We Need Fog at : Monte Carlo,Sweden and USA as well as in Dirt Rally and Dirt 4

6 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

i think a lot of people dont generally hate him more the showmanship approach to what he does. it works for him so why would he change it ? can see @JZStudios welling up as i write that :classic_laugh:

Oh, you for sure hate him. Almost as much as me. You just wish when he took that line into a rock it was he who burst into flames so his co-driver could watch HIM burn.

Unfortunately the Fates are cruel mistresses and cut down the wrong person instead. Life isn't fair, why do the good die so young, and the incompetent fools with reckless abandon and evil souls continue to live?

Holy **** he also hated McRae and his crowning achievement is causing him to crash.

Joe Coggings: What is the best moment of your career?

That’s a really tough one but one of the most amazing moments of my racing career was racing against Colin McRae and pressuring him in to crashing.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/motorsport/ken-block-answers-your-questions

Edited by JZStudios
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, ianism said:

I'm planning on setting up PCSX2 soon, largely to play MC2/3, the PS2 version of NFS Hot Pursuit 2, and the SSX games. I'll check out Enthusia too. never heard of it.

I've got these games for PS2 and I can play them on a super old backwards compatible PS3 I got a year ago, but it's steam engine loud and slow as hell haha🙂

PCSX2 isn't a perfect emulator, and there's a lot of reasons why, primarily PS2 hardware limitations. The PS2 actually kind of sucks, but for whatever reason people made emulators for that instead of the Xbox. A big thing is that everything it does is interlaced, so it's all real fuzzy. Gran Turismo 4 is one of the very few games that supports 480p (As opposed to the norm on Xbox, with The Matrix even actually hitting 1080p) but it resets itself to 480i every time it boots, and in PCSX2 setting it to 480p makes the menus all blurry. Als, when you lose framerate, it doesn't just drop frames, the entire process slows down, so's there a sort of constant speedup and slowdown, especially if your PC isn't current.

Midnight Club 3 also has a weird headlight glitch that freezes images.

4 hours ago, ianism said:

just so we're clear, most of the hate for Block in this forum is actually people who agree with you just making fun of the Block haters by saying negative but silly things about him. it's 95%+ sarcasm. 🙂

No, he insults the locals, wrecks his cars, murders competitors, and steals theirs.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Oh, you for sure hate him. Almost as much as me. You just wish when he took that line into a rock it was he who burst into flames so his co-driver could watch HIM burn.

Unfortunately the Fates are cruel mistresses and cut down the wrong person instead. Life isn't fair, why do the good die so young, and the incompetent fools with reckless abandon and evil souls continue to live?

Holy **** he also hated McRae and his crowning achievement is causing him to crash.

Joe Coggings: What is the best moment of your career?

That’s a really tough one but one of the most amazing moments of my racing career was racing against Colin McRae and pressuring him in to crashing.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/motorsport/ken-block-answers-your-questions

why would i hate someone i dont know ? its all a bit of internet banter. ken does what he does. dont read into things that arent what you think are true. haha lighten up dude bro :classic_laugh:

2 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

why would i hate someone i dont know ? its all a bit of internet banter. ken does what he does. dont read into things that arent what you think are true. haha lighten up dude bro :classic_laugh:

Who exactly are you trying to appease? We're all friends in the Mr. Block hate club.

Edit* while I have your attention, does DR2 still show up as practically nothing in your control panel? Mine still has no icon, name, publisher info, size, or version number, despite the multiple updates in Steam. I can't believe it's already been coming up to 2 years now.

Edited by JZStudios

Interestingly Forest used to be the head instructor at DirtFish.

I'd be very curious to know how many HP this car has 🙂 I also guess that if that would have been a real rally, driving the car this way won't certainly make you win the race 😛 Way too much drifting am I wrong guys ?

Edited by koog2003
  • Like 1

It should be slower but you destroy your tires which is probably more important 😄 Hard to race without tires. Then looks like the picture before.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, koog2003 said:

I'd be very curious to know how many HP this car has 🙂 I also guess that if that would have been a real rally, driving the car this way won't certainly make you win the race 😛 Way too much drifting am I wrong guys ?

That car ran in three different specifications, but I believe the gymkhana spec was closer to the rallycross (rather than rally) configuration, so I'd say between 550-600 BHP. And yeah, it's not the best way to win races, but I bet it was a lot of fun to do! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, koog2003 said:

That car was Powered by a 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine producing 350 horsepower and 515 pound-feet of torque in most applications but could produce up to 600 hp in certain setups. (Copy paste from official data’s)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

That car ran in three different specifications, but I believe the gymkhana spec was closer to the rallycross (rather than rally) configuration, so I'd say between 550-600 BHP. And yeah, it's not the best way to win races, but I bet it was a lot of fun to do! 

A damn lot of fun. Actually trying to replicate those drifts in Dirt Rally 2.0 is not so easy. Especially the circular one going around an object in a circle. Even with the 600 hp of the Rallycross supercars I cannot do it the same way Block does 🙂

4 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

That car was Powered by a 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine producing 350 horsepower and 515 pound-feet of torque in most applications but could produce up to 600 hp in certain setups. (Copy paste from official data’s)

Yeah, it would be 600 BHP for rallycross and, from what I recall reading at the time, the ran the engine the same for gymkhana. 

350 BHP would be the power when the car was running a smaller restrictor for rally. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

A damn lot of fun. Actually trying to replicate those drifts in Dirt Rally 2.0 is not so easy. Especially the circular one going around an object in a circle. Even with the 600 hp of the Rallycross supercars I cannot do it the same way Block does 🙂

Actually it’s really easy,even with an r5/wrc car...you only need to practice and focus...

edit : a short gear ratio can help too.

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, it would be 600 BHP for rallycross and, from what I recall reading at the time, the ran the engine the same for gymkhana. 

350 BHP would be the power when the car was running a smaller restrictor for rally. 

Yeah I remember that too,was the time when he run with an hybrid car used for wrc and the gymkhana film/displays. Then he switched to the m-sport Rallycross cars (600-650 hp)

5 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Actually it’s really easy,even with an r5/wrc car...you only need to practice and focus...

edit : a short gear ratio can help too.

Why I did not think about it ????? Thanks man ! I did not think about the tuning. Of course if your gears are shorter you have more drifting power. Would it be enough just to change the "final drive" setting instead of the single gears settings ?