DiRTy Gossip

9 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

Why I did not think about it ????? Thanks man ! I did not think about the tuning. Of course if your gears are shorter you have more drifting power. Would it be enough just to change the "final drive" setting instead of the single gears settings ? 

Imo you have to adjust every gear,open the diffs too and increase the wheel camber ( like set  1.7/1.8  on the front and 1.1/1.2 on the rear).

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Imo you have to adjust every gear,open the diffs too and increase the wheel camber ( like set  1.7/1.8  on the front and 1.1/1.2 on the rear).

As soon as I will be back home from the office I will give it a try 😄 It would be so amazing to have something like the DC Shoes GYMKHANA instead of the rather boring DirtFish 🙂

• Like 1

so its easy to drift, but to precisely drift between stuff and obstacles like Ken does , takes a lot of practice and talent IMHO with 600 hp 

8 minutes ago, Madhun1967 said:

so its easy to drift, but to precisely drift between stuff and obstacles like Ken does , takes a lot of practice and talent IMHO with 600 hp 

Even doing this with a video game like Dirt Rally 2 ?

10 minutes ago, Madhun1967 said:

And these days he's driving mad things like the Hoonicorn with around double that.

That is not drift...but power slide. There is a huge difference between Power slide with a 4wd Rallycross full spec car and drift with a Rwd full spec rally car or a drift car. Tell ken block to do the same displays but with a Porsche rally gt or a opel manta 400 

And no, with practice you can do exactly the same precise slides as he do. You only need to really want it. (Not to mention the Gymkhana films you watch are not in one take, some corners are pre practice dozen of times...he crash and make mistake like all humans...then they take the best take..look all the tires  marks already on the surface)

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

42 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

And these days he's driving mad things like the Hoonicorn with around double that.

I have read a few comments where he has discussed how difficult that car is to drive on tighter course (like Gymkhana Grid). The power is helpful... but only up to a certain point!

31 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I have read a few comments where he has discussed how difficult that car is to drive on tighter course (like Gymkhana Grid). The power is helpful... but only up to a certain point!

Yeah the guy certainly has powerful cars but he is also a very very skilled driver

Does the rallycross Subaru look OK? It looks like it has front very high. I noticed that several times but didn't ask.

4 minutes ago, Johnnnn said:

Does the rallycross Subaru look OK? It looks like it has front very high. I noticed that several times but didn't ask.

Yes , I have noticed that too. There is definitely too much gap from tire to chassis. The 208 same story...it’s a lot higher than the original one

It's hard to find exactly comparable pictures due to different suspension travel in different scenarios but it seems pretty accurate to the irl Subaru RX car

depositphotos_169954764-stock-photo-suba

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I imagine it's like that because the front suspension takes the brunt of jump landings and needs the extra travel.

• Agree 1

Thanks, the foto is exact. I watched Launch control and didn't notice that so I thought it could be broken. The photo tells everything.

4 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

The 208 tho you have to admit it’s too high

Again pictures are hard to come by in comparable situations but...

6c3232b8f817e38426e11a2f2928dca1.jpg

dirt-rally-20-5c76a81057883.jpg

Seems fine to me 

The real picture you choose it’s not fair. The car it’s in de-compression on the right side. The picture of the game show a car still in place.

In the photos I have choose you can see a huge difference,both are in left side compression 

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

That is not drift...but power slide. There is a huge difference between Power slide with a 4wd Rallycross full spec car and drift with a Rwd full spec rally car or a drift car. Tell ken block to do the same displays but with a Porsche rally gt or a opel manta 400 

And no, with practice you can do exactly the same precise slides as he do. You only need to really want it. (Not to mention the Gymkhana films you watch are not in one take, some corners are pre practice dozen of times...he crash and make mistake like all humans...then they take the best take..look all the tires  marks already on the surface)

oh ok so you can do bth as it seems youre authority on this subject.Let me guess ,your better than him in drifting and power slides ? Look, the point i was trying to make is that he is a very good driver , whether he measures up to likes of Solberg or not.............thats all. He is very good and a cool dude ,to boot.

4 minutes ago, Madhun1967 said:

oh ok so you can do bth as it seems youre authority on this subject.Let me guess ,your better than him in drifting and power slides ? Look, the point i was trying to make is that he is a very good driver , whether he measures up to likes of Solberg or not.............thats all. He is very good and a cool dude ,to boot.

Lol relax,Why so salty? Block fan?

Call that drift it’s wrong that’s my point,and i’m absolutely chill so calm down kid 😉 I don’t have offended you or mr Block. And I don’t either say that it’s a bad driver

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

E95DECE9-04D7-45F5-9B4E-8FB80C54F194.jpeg

E34E9BCB-D169-4840-9713-88C637508DCA.jpeg

Not great pictures for comparison: top shot looks flat (Silverstone?), the bottom shot appears to be Loheac and that corner has elevation change throughout. Got any other in game images to hand? 

From the little I have seen of the (2018) Subaru first hand I'd say the front was quite high under partial acceleration...

28629760308_1066cf89c2_b.jpg

...and flat out. 

28629836418_b86bef3cc2_b.jpg

It only really dipped lower under heavy braking. 

42501038871_58300924a5_b.jpg

There could be some lateral force affecting the first and last pictures, but I think it is pretty minimal. 

• Like 1

Yeah not a great photo but you can see on the rear there is a huge difference. If you are a wrx fan and you know the cars you immediately see that something is wrong on the height 

edit: even if you set the car on the lowest height possible it’s still high

Edited by AlexSpartan316

5 hours ago, koog2003 said:

I'd be very curious to know how many HP this car has 🙂 I also guess that if that would have been a real rally, driving the car this way won't certainly make you win the race 😛 Way too much drifting am I wrong guys ?

That reminds me of Dukes of Hazzard when they go over a jump and you can see the frame buckling and the panels bending, next shot it's perfectly fine.

Also reminds me that I was watching Travis Pastrana do some trophy truck racing and someone was upset because he does too many sports.

3 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Actually it’s really easy,even with an r5/wrc car...you only need to practice and focus...

Yeah, becoming a world class instrumentalist is really easy too... you only need practice and focus...

11 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Yeah not a great photo but you can see on the rear there is a huge difference. If you are a wrx fan and you know the cars you immediately see that something is wrong on the height 

edit: even if you set the car on the lowest height possible it’s still high

I must admit I don't use the 208 that often but, looking at the in game image again, the car appears to be leaning to the left and, like you say, is still showing a lot of arch gap. 

Even under heavy braking the Hansen 208 doesn't sit that high. 

27629912697_efdf9cf9ab_b.jpg

I wonder if that element of the look/setup of the car has been borrowed from another 208? (Maybe the Albatec car?)

2 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I must admit I don't use the 208 that often but, looking at the in game image again, the car appears to be leaning to the left and, like you say, is still showing a lot of arch gap. 

Even under heavy braking the Hansen 208 doesn't sit that high. 

27629912697_efdf9cf9ab_b.jpg

I wonder if that element of the look/setup of the car has been borrowed from another 208? (Maybe the Albatec car?)

Exactly...the 2018 evo version it’s a pretty low profile supercar. Yeah it’s possible that the in game car it’s a model from an older ‘team hansen’ spec. (Much higher and softer in weight transfert)