DiRTy Gossip

1 hour ago, ianism said:

personally, the colour of Timmy's car (and Kevin's, and Loeb's, to a lesser extent) has always seemed off to me. the colourful parts are mostly too dark, and the base grey is much too light.

that bugs me more than the wheel arches (which, ultimately, are adjustable)

20191017065944_1.thumb.jpg.f749fedd097916692b70daddae7e974d.jpg

if I may be so bold as to use one of your photos, @tbtstt... I know the lighting is fairly different, but still.

Image result for kevin hansen 208 201820191017071625_1.thumb.jpg.f6c54e989a52711fd41d7f205d6e2efa.jpg

Yes they are adjustable,but no you can’t make it look accurate/low as the real one.even on lowest setup.

Talking about the livery color I agree 100% 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Figurati ^^ con le macchine più vecchie il gioco utilizza un angolo più ampio,se ti trovi male puoi anche andare fino a 80 ,generalmente dagli 80 ai 90 (sta a te) con le macchine più moderne vari dai 94 ai 100. Io comunque assumo che il tuo volante sia un 900 gradi

ops,translation: imo with a 900 degrees steering wheel the ideal saturation is from80 to 90 on older cars and from 94 to 100 with modern.(for me every class have a different value)

You know @AlexSpartan316 I dont actually know how big is the angle of my Thrustmaster T-150 but I just saw I can change it in this way:

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/kb/3132-en/

Which angle would you suggest to have for Dirt Rally 2.0 ? And what about Project Cars 2 (I play that too) ?

8 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

You know @AlexSpartan316 I dont actually know how big is the angle of my Thrustmaster T-150 but I just saw I can change it in this way:

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/kb/3132-en/

Which angle would you suggest to have for Dirt Rally 2.0 ? And what about Project Cars 2 (I play that too) ?

You don’t need to change any setup 🙂 (I have a thrustmaster too)

both dirt rally and project cars have the soft lock feature,so you don’t have to worry about max lock.

focus only on calibrate it in the option menu 

32 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

You don’t need to change any setup 🙂 (I have a thrustmaster too)

both dirt rally and project cars have the soft lock feature,so you don’t have to worry about max lock.

focus only on calibrate it in the option menu 

Grazie @AlexSpartan316 🙂 Lo faro'. Ancora 1 ora e mezza e vado a casa, passo a prendere la bambina e poi forse riesco a provare anche prima di cena 😄

Guarda il video che ho attaccato al post ahaha le barzellette bolognesi sui ferraresi 😄

Edited by koog2003
  • Haha 1

Guys what do you think about this wheel ?

https://www.frank.nl/thrustmaster-t-gt-racing-wheel-racestuur/680351?lgw_code=17498-680351&lgw_code=17519-680351&tduid=3c5da3b1759a0bb0243e8b623b379e1a&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=vergelijk_nl&utm_term=[17519-680351][3fefac9e-cf32-4f68-9903-8cebc32df5c9]

The Thrustmaster GT .. the price is already very very high. I wonder if this big cost is justified by something plus the other steering wheels dont have or not. 
Did anybody try it ? Btw which is the best top sim racing steering wheel money can buy in your opinion ?

Edited by koog2003

2 hours ago, ianism said:

personally, the colour of Timmy's car (and Kevin's, and Loeb's, to a lesser extent) has always seemed off to me. the colourful parts are mostly too dark, and the base grey is much too light.

20191017065944_1.thumb.jpg.f749fedd097916692b70daddae7e974d.jpg

if I may be so bold as to use one of your photos, @tbtstt... I know the lighting is fairly different, but still.

Image result for kevin hansen 208 201820191017071625_1.thumb.jpg.f6c54e989a52711fd41d7f205d6e2efa.jpg

As I said in my previous post I rarely use the 208, but I have never noticed that when racing against those cars! Definitely agree that they look different in those images. I will add the above to the car error thread, hopefully they get picked up!

• Thanks 1

Forgive the double post, but I just check the Loeb livery and that looks wrong as well: 

40693507470_3b0cb9c20b_b.jpg

E34E9BCB-D169-4840-9713-88C637508DCA.jpeg

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Forgive the double post, but I just check the Loeb livery and that looks wrong as well: 

40693507470_3b0cb9c20b_b.jpg

E34E9BCB-D169-4840-9713-88C637508DCA.jpeg

Thanks for talking about that. Always think that colors of the Loeb's livery was wrong too.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

Thanks for talking about that. Always think that colors of the Loeb's livery was wrong too.

I have added all the recent spots into the "car error" thread...

...not sure if that's the place the team will look, or if they are better off being suggested elsewhere. Perhaps something that @PJTierney can confirm (in his spare time). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We haven't seen a single image/video of the new VW Kitcar yet.

3 minutes ago, chukonu said:

We haven't seen a single image/video of the new VW Kitcar yet.

Tomorrow.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ianism said:

20191017065944_1.thumb.jpg.f749fedd097916692b70daddae7e974d.jpg27629912697_efdf9cf9ab_b.jpg

I can agree, but there are more things to say about the colors.

1) Yes the colors are off, but the liveries are licensed and a color chance is therefore difficult, as than new approvals are needed. 

but that is not the only thing

2) The shaders in rain are also wrong. The cars are than becoming "chrome" and therefore becoming grey/shiney and loosing color. Especially in the real Kevin Hansen picture you see that IRL the cars not become chrome in rain. So this is a design fault in the game. I have mentioned this before and this cannot be solved.

So Timmy's picture above is in dry, so here also the livery in the game in dry in more similar

image.png.670ee976dbab3c20f5541b4dd28c993d.png

A) So the grey color already becomes more correct, although it still need to become.
B) The bull is to dark, but
- They gave the white lining also a chrome effect (alpha layers), which is incorrect, as IRL this is white matte. 
- They gave the bull to much chrome effect, or they not adjusted the color when they added the chrome effect.
--- It can be that when chrome effect, the color becomes more dark, while giving matte effect the color becomes more light.
--- In my experience with Automobilista when I added chrome or matte, i still needed to change the color to get the correct effect ingame.
C) Also the grey line IRL is light matte grey, but in game it is dark and chrome. 

Did they actually mixed the grey up?

image.thumb.png.1ac8807e0de062417f1b326c36f3cde2.png

The same for Kevin's 208. In dry in the game the colors are also more correct (so no fake chrome effect from the rain, which makes the yellow better)

image.thumb.png.15a479aceb73f86d3704b6c764d6154a.png

Conclusion, the livery guy got the colors and alpha channels completly wrong for the Pug 😞 I believe the Pugs were one of the last cars ready before the launch, so maybe they messed it up due to limited time?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I agree on the liveries, that grey reversed looks oddly like it's the case.

The suspension on the 208 is weird though, the IRL picture is under compression, it's turning left.

10 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Don’t worry it’s all good,now the answer?

I'm not a musician... no... ?

I'm very confused.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I'm not a musician... no... ?

I'm very confused.

Don’t worry I only mistook you for another person.wrong guess 

10 hours ago, JorritVD said:

I can agree, but there are more things to say about the colors.

1) Yes the colors are off, but the liveries are licensed and a color chance is therefore difficult, as than new approvals are needed. 

but that is not the only thing

2) The shaders in rain are also wrong. The cars are than becoming "chrome" and therefore becoming grey/shiney and loosing color. Especially in the real Kevin Hansen picture you see that IRL the cars not become chrome in rain. So this is a design fault in the game. I have mentioned this before and this cannot be solved.

So Timmy's picture above is in dry, so here also the livery in the game in dry in more similar

image.png.670ee976dbab3c20f5541b4dd28c993d.png

A) So the grey color already becomes more correct, although it still need to become.
B) The bull is to dark, but
- They gave the white lining also a chrome effect (alpha layers), which is incorrect, as IRL this is white matte. 
- They gave the bull to much chrome effect, or they not adjusted the color when they added the chrome effect.
--- It can be that when chrome effect, the color becomes more dark, while giving matte effect the color becomes more light.
--- In my experience with Automobilista when I added chrome or matte, i still needed to change the color to get the correct effect ingame.
C) Also the grey line IRL is light matte grey, but in game it is dark and chrome. 

The same for Kevin's 208. In dry in the game the colors are also more correct (so no fake chrome effect from the rain, which makes the yellow better)

image.thumb.png.15a479aceb73f86d3704b6c764d6154a.png

Conclusion, the livery guy got the colors and alpha channels completly wrong for the Pug 😞 I believe the Pugs were one of the last cars ready before the launch, so maybe they messed it up due to limited time?

Thanks @JorritVD

Your explanation are always really accurate.

11 hours ago, JorritVD said:

That's what I wondered. 

• Like 1

For the ones who are interested, this is how the alpha channels works in .dds format.

Left are the colors that are showen. 
Right are the alpha channels. How lighter how more chrome effect, how darker, how more matte effect.

image.thumb.png.053129242b0a712fc72d54b8cf047ee0.png

So f.e. although the KMCG logo on the front fenders are almost not readable, due to the alpha channels the logo is more matte and therefore ingame normal visable.

image.png.075c0528f70496bcd3167c27337dd087.png

So about color adjustments. A good example is matte black vs. glossy black.
- Glossy black, i make the color of the livery also black, f.e. what some logo have.
- Matte black however is black, but due to being matte, is becomes more darkgrey. So instead of giving it black color I give it more intens dark grey (sometimes with a little other color in it). This also need to be done with chrome effect. Although it looks more white irl, in the skin file you need to make is more grey when making the alpha channel more light to create the same effect.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Wish I had gone again this year. It's an absolutely epic weekend.