DiRTy Gossip

Tried the 206: i’m really glad that the Overall level of accuracy and details it’s high,very well made model (it’s missing the characteristic roof camera box,but in some ex works cars is accurate).the sound of the engine it’s really good , the als in particular gives me chills...amazing job Codemasters.

now please...give us a Fabia ‘05 decent sound...at least don’t use the focus’07 one,too peculiar and recognizable. Imo a more close medium high pitched sound like the focus ‘01 would be more suitable.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Tried the 206: i’m really glad that the Overall level of accuracy and details it’s high,very well made model (it’s missing the characteristic roof camera box,but in some ex works cars is accurate).the sound of the engine it’s really good , the als in particular gives me chills...amazing job Codemasters.

now please...give us a Fabia ‘05 decent sound...at least don’t use the focus’07 one,too peculiar and recognizable. Imo a more close medium high pitched sound like the focus ‘01 would be more suitable.

What is the on board view like? Is the gear change animation the correct way? I.e both hands on the wheel when changing gear? Or is it like the fabia, the drivers hand still moving off the wheel when changing gear?

59 minutes ago, tonzboher said:

What is the on board view like? Is the gear change animation the correct way? I.e both hands on the wheel when changing gear? Or is it like the fabia, the drivers hand still moving off the wheel when changing gear?

I disable wheel and hands with my setup(so no big deal for me)but in this video you can see he leaves the steering wheel and change gear with the stick.

go to minute 2:16

Well...to be fair there are different variants of the 206... one mount a 5 speed x track non synchronized stick/seq , and one use the 6 speed paddle seq. @tbtstt correct me if i’m Wrong 🙂 

Edited by AlexSpartan316

52 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Well...to be fair there are different variants of the 206... one mount a 5 speed x track non synchronized stick/seq , and one use the 6 speed paddle seq. @tbtstt correct me if i’m Wrong 🙂 

Not sure on that @AlexSpartan316, I'm not as au fait with the history of the Peugeot 206 WRC as I am with other WRCars. Pretty sure all iterations of the 206 were running sequential boxes, didn't they start six speed and then go five speed? 

Source Rallycars.com

Mechanically though, mounting the gearbox longitudinally when the engine is mounted transversally is very complex and can lead to mechanical failures. The numerous transmission problems the 206 WRC cars had during the 1999 season witness the company’s efforts to render the setup more reliable. Starting with the 2000 season, the 206 WRC sequential gearbox is operated through small, steering wheel mounted, levers just like in the Subaru Impreza WRC. By the middle of the 2001 season the progress made in the electronic engine management system was such that, in combination with a new smaller turbocharger, usable torque was available through a very wide range of engine rev speeds. Due to the improved engine torque availability Peugeot was the first manufacturer to start using 5 speed gearboxes instead of the more classic 6 speed ones. Reliability was improved as 5 speed boxes can use larger, stronger gears while heat can be maintained to reasonable levels. Note that in the 206 WRC all the lubrification is performed by the same oil which is used in the engine, gearbox, differentials and power assisted steering. All the oil is collected to a single, multi-channel, water to oil heat exchanger for cooling and is then redistributed to the different mechanical parts.

you are right...maybe the first version was mounting the stick gear shift, the following years they start to use the steering wheel paddles,in the latest evos they start using 5 speed gearbox 

Conclusion: the in-game car is a 5 speed, that means the onboard animation it’s wrong. The accurate one is changing gear using the paddles.

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, tonzboher said:

@PJTierney how come ye don’t have the same type video for the 206 done??

It's coming later today 🙂 

I bought Deluxe edition on the release, there was mentioned that one of the bonus is "high reward events "

The events were marked as D+ but now after release of new seasons there are no bonus events for the owners of the deluxe edition.

Did I miss something or the bonuses events will not longer be for the Deluxe owners?

Edited by Letadlo

D+ events are part of seasons. You need to have season 3 to play season 3 D+ events.

The fact that D+ events do not use DLC that is required to access them doesn't make a bit of sense though. I wish that was changed so we'd have more online events with DLC.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

I disable wheel and hands with my setup(so no big deal for me)but in this video you can see he leaves the steering wheel and change gear with the stick.

go to minute 2:16

That disappointing I must say, why can’t Codemasters have the proper animation like the other 2000cc cars when changing gear, both the 206 and fabia on boards are ruined by not having the proper animation for gear changes

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

D+ events are part of seasons. You need to have season 3 to play season 3 D+ events.

The fact that D+ events do not use DLC that is required to access them doesn't make a bit of sense though. I wish that was changed so we'd have more online events with DLC.

Was there some info that this bonus events will be available only until release of new DLC? 

11 minutes ago, Letadlo said:

Was there some info that this bonus events will be available only until release of new DLC? 

Only after Season 3 released and this issue first cropped up. Prior to that, no one told us D+ events where time limited and linked to the given season in progress. I believe there is a much older post somewhere on these forums where a Codemasters dev actually stated the D+ events where a deluxe edition bonus. Fairly certain someone linked it in a previous discussion on this topic, but obviously somewhere along the line; that information changed. Which now requires the ownership of the current season in order to access the D+ events.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

Only after Season 3 released and this issue first cropped up. Prior to that, no one told us D+ events where time limited and linked to the given season in progress. I believe there is a much older post somewhere on these forums where a Codemasters dev actually stated the D+ events where a deluxe edition bonus. Fairly certain someone linked it in a previous discussion on this topic, but obviously somewhere along the line; that information changed. Which now requires the ownership of the current season in order to access the D+ events.

Thanks for clear answer.  

1 hour ago, tonzboher said:

That disappointing I must say, why can’t Codemasters have the proper animation like the other 2000cc cars when changing gear, both the 206 and fabia on boards are ruined by not having the proper animation for gear changes

I understand what you are saying, but that is the kind of detail can ruin the experience for people like me or you,that we want 100% accuracy/immersion. But i’m Pretty sure (for what I have notice) we are a minority on the overall community,maybe the majority of players don’t even notice that or don’t mind this kind of details.

22 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

I was 2 seconds short for Audi trophy 😞 It was over 6 minutes so 2 seconds are one straight a bit faster 😄

I finally did it! It was a challenge. I normally don't care about achievements/trophies but when I see "impossible" one in my favorite game I have to have it 😄 When I started few months ago I wasn't even able to stay on track with any car. Wow, what a journey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoksuHoo said:

What's with the timed video when the car is already available?

Getting the video out at a time when more people will see it 🙂 

1 minute ago, PJTierney said:

Getting the video out at a time when more people will see it 🙂 

Hi PJ, The 206 have 5 gears, but in the specifications said 6...which is right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Letadlo said:

No, there was not, same goes  DLC for console players, you can use only on one account for MyTeam, and for other game mode you can use without problem on any other account (freeplay, online.. )

• Sad 1

Hi guys 🙂 This is one of my best sessions since the beginning of playing Dirt Rally 2.0. Any advice from you super experienced drivers to improve my driving ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

I understand what you are saying, but that is the kind of detail can ruin the experience for people like me or you,that we want 100% accuracy/immersion. But i’m Pretty sure (for what I have notice) we are a minority on the overall community,maybe the majority of players don’t even notice that or don’t mind this kind of details.

Yes you are right, I don’t drive the fabia or the C4 because I don’t like the onboard Camera views, I hope it won’t ruin the 206 for me too, but that’s just me!😂

47 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

Hi guys 🙂 This is one of my best sessions since the beginning of playing Dirt Rally 2.0. Any advice from you super experienced drivers to improve my driving ?

Great job and nice video! You only need to work a bit more on weight transfer / use the brakes to rotate and stabilize the car (try to adjust more constantly your speed with left foot braking, that saves you from understeer or over speed)Overall good job mate 🙂 very brave driving

• Like 1