DiRTy Gossip

1 hour ago, mwoodski said:

N/A 4cyl engines tend to be loud.

Maybe you don’t understand: I mean over-loud, like “hei phill I can’t hear your pace notes “-loud.

• Agree 3

Reminds me WRX spotter. It would be nice to hear him but it's not possible. Probably he's too far from the car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Fanatec CSS SQ 1.5 (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

Bug: engine sound disappear.

Special Event, Weekly event R5, Powys (Wales), at stage 07 (Pant Mawr Reverse), engine sound has disappeared since the start of the race. All other sounds could be heard. I used Ford Fiesta R5.

Edited by Deltone91
Wrong topic, Sorry!

206 and Golf were the last cars for WRC fans? Or are there any hope? 😄

this video it’s amazing. Show all the car details (sadly it’s not in English and no sub.) 

edit: watching this videos I have just notice that the car in-game totally missing the awesome turbo release “whistle “ sound...when you leave the gas,the sound it’s totally flat.

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

Reminds me WRX spotter. It would be nice to hear him but it's not possible. Probably he's too far from the car.

Reminds me of flight testing with my dad. He and another guy both had radios, but decided to just yell at each other with a lot of "WHAT!?"

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

206 and Golf were the last cars for WRC fans? Or are there any hope? 😄

well, the devs know very well that the clear majority of the fan base very much prefers rally over RX, and finishing the DLC release schedule with 3 months of 100% RX content is going to be a letdown for some players, as we saw with the disappointment when Seasons 3&4 were announced.

so... while I'm still not particularly hopeful about more seasons. I do think we'll be getting free stuff at the end of S4. there have been quite a few hints.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I'm not so sure on free content specifics from the gossip and hints i've seen - i would say there might be some more proper DLC coming, Coley was back recording stuff and so was Phil Mills, i think we've got something coming after S4 🙂

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

"Technically most "for Rally Only" tires are not legal for street use, but there are unwritten exceptions like when you are getting to or from a stage.

You don't want to use rally tires as your daily driver tire though. They are absolute **** on pavement. I mean noisy, squirmy and unsafe at highway speeds. The softer compound ones will disappear after a few hundred miles on pavement (they disappear after a few hundred miles on gravel too).

I don't know what it's like in Florida, but up here in rally country most rally teams have stacks of tires that are too worn for stage rally, but are perfect for fooling around or rallyX. Most teams will sell them very cheap, or even give them away in exchange for some support.

If you decide to go another route - I've got BFGoodrich Traction TA's on my Forester. They are quite adequate for pavement and not bad at all for gravel."

I have seen this in a forum do you agree with that guys ? I mean really rally tires are unsuitable for normal driving ? 

Edited by koog2003

25 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

"Technically most "for Rally Only" tires are not legal for street use, but there are unwritten exceptions like when you are getting to or from a stage.

You don't want to use rally tires as your daily driver tire though. They are absolute **** on pavement. I mean noisy, squirmy and unsafe at highway speeds. The softer compound ones will disappear after a few hundred miles on pavement (they disappear after a few hundred miles on gravel too).

I don't know what it's like in Florida, but up here in rally country most rally teams have stacks of tires that are too worn for stage rally, but are perfect for fooling around or rallyX. Most teams will sell them very cheap, or even give them away in exchange for some support.

If you decide to go another route - I've got BFGoodrich Traction TA's on my Forester. They are quite adequate for pavement and not bad at all for gravel."

I have seen this in a forum do you agree with that guys ? I mean really rally tires are unsuitable for normal driving ? 

Yes it’s true,they are not suitable for normal daily driving and aren’t even legal...also they will wear fast as hell compared to normal street legal tires 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I'm not so sure on free content specifics from the gossip and hints i've seen - i would say there might be some more proper DLC coming, Coley was back recording stuff and so was Phil Mills, i think we've got something coming after S4 🙂

Any takers for posting at the entrance to Codies?  Need someone to keep AC away from there.  Maybe someone whom has Strept Throat or some kind of temporary throat disease.  Can't allow Codies to make more RX!  Need more stage rally!!   😄  

• Haha 1

I used to love playing Rallycross on dirt and I love driving wrx cars , the big thing that made me stop playing is the A.I .. I swear I play on max difficulty and in every circuit there is at least one turn where the a.i slow down heavily and gives you an easy overtake chance for no reason:/ ( Spain and mettet maybe are the only 2 circuits where the ai is consistent in  almost every turn) even in the last dlc tracks :Abu Dhabi in the first left “U turn”  they over brake like crazy>>easy overtake/ Germany in the right turn before the last left one same story>>easy overtake(and the list continue)..there is no challenge or fun racing like this with 100% chance of winning...

• Agree 2

52 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

I used to love playing Rallycross on dirt and I love driving wrx cars , the big thing that made me stop playing is the A.I .. I swear I play on max difficulty and in every circuit there is at least one turn where the a.i slow down heavily and gives you an easy overtake chance for no reason:/ ( Spain and mettet maybe are the only 2 circuits where the ai is consistent in  almost every turn) even in the last dlc tracks :Abu Dhabi in the first left “U turn”  they over brake like crazy>>easy overtake/ Germany in the right turn before the last left one same story>>easy overtake(and the list continue)..there is no challenge or fun racing like this with 100% chance of winning...

But the AI is a lot better than the previous DiRT Rally and DiRT 4. Also with defending and attacking (although they sometimes try impossible overtakes). But yes I don't deny that the AI can be improved. Also you can report the AI bugs or slowdowns in the bug topic. F.e. the developers improved the Estering slowdown in the final to last corner you mentioned. 

Maybe we should create a AI RX topic about it where we bundle all the feedback/information for the developers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JorritVD said:

Maybe we should create a AI RX topic about it where we bundle all the feedback/information for the developers. 

I was considering doing this, I have a few problems with the AI

The Spain joker exit for example, the AI will basically come to a stop on the exit if there are other cars coming round the hairpin

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Ma quanto sei forte Alex ? Io faccio un po' fatica (anche se riesco) a vincere in Pro in Rally. Non oso nemmeno immaginare se giocassi alla massima difficolta' ... prenderei tipo 3 ore 😄

Translation: 

How strong are you Alex ? I am facing troubles (even if in the end I manage) to win a Rally in level Pro. I cannot even imagine what would happen if I would try the maximum difficulty .. they would give me like 3 hours gap ! 🙂 

Edited by koog2003
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

The Golf IV kit car it’s great, but omg the engine sound level it’s way too high!it’s loud af.....Anyone can confirm/has this issue?

Agreed. Like the DS and others. 

Codies will you ever actually balance the audio levels across cars in your game?

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

I was considering doing this, I have a few problems with the AI

The Spain joker exit for example, the AI will basically come to a stop on the exit if there are other cars coming round the hairpin

I now made 😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

But the AI is a lot better than the previous DiRT Rally and DiRT 4. Also with defending and attacking (although they sometimes try impossible overtakes). But yes I don't deny that the AI can be improved. Also you can report the AI bugs or slowdowns in the bug topic. F.e. the developers improved the Estering slowdown in the final to last corner you mentioned. 

No...sadly they don’t have improved it , I have tested it.they slow down as usual...

anyway I was only talking to gain opinions,that was not a report 😉

Imo doesn’t matter if the ai it’s worst or better compared to the previous titles, if you have 100% chance of winning because they slow down like crazy in a corner....

edit: the a.i topic it’s a great idea,when I find some time I’ll make a list for that

Edited by AlexSpartan316

29 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

Ma quanto sei forte Alex ? Io faccio un po' fatica (anche se riesco) a vincere in Pro in Rally. Non oso nemmeno immaginare se giocassi alla massima difficolta' ... prenderei tipo 3 ore 😄

Translation: 

How strong are you Alex ? I am facing troubles (even if in the end I manage) to win a Rally in level Pro. I cannot even imagine what would happen if I would try the maximum difficulty .. they would give me like 3 hours gap ! 🙂 

I’m not strong mate 🙂 I only have memorized all the corners and major aspects of every stage/track...you only need practice ^^

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Great idea.

On 10/19/2019 at 5:41 PM, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Make sarcastic posts, whiny posts, abusive posts, insulting posts, repetitive posts, accusatory posts, demanding posts, argumentative posts, post in the wrong section.

Any, some or all of the above, will do the trick.

Any the best way to not get these comments in the first place...Dont disappoint the community.