DiRTy Gossip

20 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

What happened?! What did I miss?? 😮 

What was seen, cannot be unseen. Just thank @PJTierney for cleaning the place up. 

Let’s just say that somebody took the term DiRTy Gossip a bit too literal.

To get back to normality, here’s SUBARU 🙂 

@PJTierney

I think I saw that in the Grid Forums, too. I was horrified, to put it in a nutshell. I think the guy that posted it is facing legal action. 

Anyways, I like the gameplay videos of Dirt Rally 2.0, and while I was stuck on the Grid Forums, I checked in every once in a while. I played Dirt 1 Demo, Dirt 2 Demo, Dirt 3 Complete Edition (Backwards Compatibility is a life saver), Dirt Showdown (Again, big thank you to Backwards Compatibility) and Dirt 4 (Game Pass).

Really liked Dirt Rally 2.0, Hopefully I can get it for Christmas. I do not have much money in person.

Edited by CordedQuill42
I was talking about the 18+ plus stuff that plagued the forums for a short amount of time, had some remarks with Miat (They were taken down too).

9 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Let’s just say that somebody took the term DiRTy Gossip a bit too literal.

To get back to normality, here’s SUBARU 🙂 

2:45 Is that the son of Solberg again ? My god he is so young and he already gets to drive those monsters ... kinda jealous here 😛

Edited by koog2003
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

@PJTierney

I think I saw that in the Grid Forums, too. I was horrified, to put it in a nutshell. I think the guy that posted it is facing legal action. 

Anyways, I like the gameplay videos of Dirt Rally 2.0, and while I was stuck on the Grid Forums, I checked in every once in a while. I played Dirt 1 Demo, Dirt 2 Demo, Dirt 3 Complete Edition (Backwards Compatibility is a life saver), Dirt Showdown (Again, big thank you to Backwards Compatibility) and Dirt 4 (Game Pass).

Really liked Dirt Rally 2.0, Hopefully I can get it for Christmas. I do not have much money in person.

It is an amazing game man. Really worth it the money. I tell you I just cannot stop playing man 😛

9 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

What happened?! What did I miss?? 😮 

I thought i’d put you out of your misery as people’s cryptic responses to you may be a little misleading and making you think you missed something big, when you didn't lol  

Someone posted a link to a tweet by Seb Ojier’s (spelling) wife complaining about the Citroen WRC team, she also used a pun to describe Citroen, using as swear word which sounds like Citroen.  🤣

therefore i’m baffled as to why a few user’s on this forum have complained about it. I think pj only deleted it because the swearing wasn’t blurred out. 

if you have twitter you should be able to find it. It wasn’t very interesting to be honest, but it was a bit of rally gossip i guess lol

P.s. I never knew the 206 WRC only had 5 gears, i guess you learn something new every day! Chuffed the car is now in the game, i (like many others) have been longing for it for ages  🎉

Edited by Pieman99
  • Thanks 1

Guys I have one question that is bugging me since quite a bit and I find it unbelievable actually. Why are people allowed to stay on the sides of the rally tracks ? I mean it is insane one little mistake and the driver can smash dozens of spectators .. how is it possible this is allowed ? They should block all accesses and make sure nobody is within 100 meters from the track at least !

Why is this insanity still going on ? I mean what the hell watching the race on a screen is 1000 times better than risking your life just to see the cars going through the same single spot over and over. Plus you are going to destroy the existence of the driver that will have to live knowing he killed someone. It is stupidity at its best from both sides spectators and organizers. It would be very simple => Nobody that is not involved in the race can spectate. Only journalists and drones are allowed. End of the problem.

Edited by koog2003
  • Disagree 2

45 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

I thought i’d put you out of your misery as people’s cryptic responses to you may be a little misleading and making you think you missed something big, when you didn't lol  

Someone posted a link to a tweet by Seb Ojier’s (spelling) wife complaining about the Citroen WRC team, she also used a pun to describe Citroen, using as swear word which sounds like Citroen.  🤣

therefore i’m baffled as to why a few user’s on this forum have complained about it. I think pj only deleted it because the swearing wasn’t blurred out. 

if you have twitter you should be able to find it. It wasn’t very interesting to be honest, but it was a bit of rally gossip i guess lol

P.s. I never knew the 206 WRC only had 5 gears, i guess you learn something new every day! Chuffed the car is now in the game, i (like many others) have been longing for it for ages  🎉 

307 CC WRC had even only 4. But 206 in description has 6 😄 Small bug.

Is it reasonable to expect Xsara WRC in DR2.0? After 206 arrived, this will be my most desirable car...

50 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

Nah, someone also posted pics of pr0n and i think thats whats ppl mean. Im not sure why the tweet got deleted though it wasnt that bad.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

Yep,the very first wrc of the modern era using 5 speed seq. Gearbox. The first 206 model (1999-2000) was a more mechanical 6 speed,then evolved in a beautifull peace of engineering and electronic.that car was really ahead of its time,it’s sad that later was replaced by the awful 307...

Very nice video showing how much this sport changed in these almost 40 years

Edited by koog2003
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

Guys I have one question that is bugging me since quite a bit and I find it unbelievable actually. Why are people allowed to stay on the sides of the rally tracks ? I mean it is insane one little mistake and the driver can smash dozens of spectators .. 

Ha, mate... if you don't know, then you don't know, you know?

Rallying stage-side is the most exciting form of motorsport you can get. I say that as someone who's lucky enough to have been leaning over the edges of cliffs at Monte Carlo, sat in trees in Spain and waist deep in snow drifts in Sweden.

You sleep bent in half in the car, have no phone signal, stand shivering in the rain hours before a car comes, have no idea what's going on with stage times and see each car two or three times per day at most, but I love it every time!

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Ha, mate... if you don't know, then you don't know, you know?

Rallying stage-side is the most exciting form of motorsport you can get. I say that as someone who's lucky enough to have been leaning over the edges of cliffs at Monte Carlo, sat in trees in Spain and waist deep in snow drifts in Sweden.

You sleep bent in half in the car, have no phone signal, stand shivering in the rain hours before a car comes, have no idea what's going on with stage times and see each car two or three times per day at most, but I love it every time!

I understand perfectly the excitement and the adrenaline that you can get but is it really worth it the risk ? I mean even if you are totally careless (and fearless) about yourself if the driver smashes you with the car he will have to spend a full life knowing he killed a random "adrenaline junkie". Do you get what I mean mate ? Sometimes it is better to step back and choose safety for all instead of a shot of adrenaline. That's my humble opinion here of course I am not trying to convince anybody. 

Edited by koog2003

2 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

I understand perfectly the excitement and the adrenaline that you can get but is it really worth it the risk ? I mean even if you are totally careless (and fearless) about yourself if the driver smashes you with the car he will have to spend a full life knowing he killed a random "adrenaline junkie". Do you get what I mean mate ? Sometimes it is better to step back and choose safety for all instead of a shot of adrenaline. That's my humble opinion here of course I am not trying to convince anybody. 

Have you ever actually gone to a rally?

2 minutes ago, tonzboher said:

Have you ever actually gone to a rally?

No. Never. I just saw a lot of videos.

Edited by koog2003
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

There are safety procedures that have improved over the years...usually when a car stop or crash,when able the codriver go on the previous turn to advice the incoming drivers (there are also signals that can be use already in the car) also at certain distance over the stage there are many marshals with radio,not to mention the spectators also help a lot

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

There are safety procedures that have improved over the years...usually when a car stop or crash,when able the codriver go on the previous turn to advice the incoming drivers (there are also signals that can be use already in the car

I know it improved quite a bit but why are people still allowed there ? I mean we all agree humans excel in one thing. Being idiots and unpredictable. It is just too dangerous for them, for the drivers and for the sport itself. I really dont see the point. 

Edited by koog2003

4 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

In fairness, it's not actually that dangerous. Is there a chance? Yes, but there's a chance of an accident every time I take a plane ride or cross the road. But it's like saying "why go watch cricket, you may get hit by a ball?".

Before any rally comes through, you have at least 6 safety vehicles that come through the stage, moving people from anywhere they consider to be dangerous. One of those, at WRC events, is Michele Mouton who has a reputation of being VERY stringent. You'll notice how the positions I mentioned (trees and cliffs) are at altitude, I wouldn't ever stand on the outside of a corner and wouldn't be allowed to either. They will also cancel stages if spectators are deemed to be in an unacceptably dangerous position.

• Agree 5

12 minutes ago, tonzboher said:

Why not?

I dont really know. I mean I never had the chance actually but also never looked for/tried to attend one. I did racing myself but on skis not on cars 🙂

Edited by koog2003
  • Like 1