DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

13 hours ago, ianism said:

I just don't get the point of that gigantic net... it's so easy to score!

The big net behind the goal is for safety (and sometimes the convenience of not having to travell 300m to get a ball 😄 )

For those who have no idea what's going on:

Anyway, back to DiRT for a moment, here's some wild VR from Reddit:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

I love the Motorsound from the Golf 4 Kitcar

I’m talking about the sound level not the quality.it’s way too loud.

8 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

I’m talking about the sound level not the quality.it’s way too loud.

then you have to make your tv or system quieter and really too loud is the seat ibiza kitcar

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, gleylancer571 said:

then you have to make your tv or system quieter and really too loud is the seat ibiza kitcar

The problem is the engine sound levels vary, there are a few cars that are way louder than others, Ibiza too. You have audio settings that are good, you can hear the co-driver well, then you drive a different car and you can't hear Phil over the engine sound. Changing audio settings per car should not be necessary

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, gleylancer571 said:

*facepalm* 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

59 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

The problem is the engine sound levels vary, there are a few cars that are way louder than others, Ibiza too. You have audio settings that are good, you can hear the co-driver well, then you drive a different car and you can't hear Phil over the engine sound. Changing audio settings per car should not be necessary 

i dont see or hear this problem because i have no problem with the sound level

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Confused 2

I have found something interesting...

Premise:i’m Italian mother language,but I play with Phill as codriver.

When I have tried the Golf with Phill the engine it’s way louder then him (even with engine at50 and voice at100) but I have tried with the Italian one and it’s way louder than the engine...i’m pretty sure voice sounds are not normalized cross languages...

8 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Someone seems to have jumped the gun

ggsd.thumb.png.f60d8938eedcdb3082eebf47db64471d.png

Ok...you guys on pc gets everything earlier...I definitely have to consider a platform change...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

I have found something interesting...

Premise:i’m Italian mother language,but I play with Phill as codriver.

When I have tried the Golf with Phill the engine it’s way louder then him (even with engine at50 and voice at100) but I have tried with the Italian one and it’s way louder than the engine...i’m pretty sure voice sounds are not normalized cross languages... 

I assume you always drive with the driver perspective?
it is quite loud

1 hour ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Ok...you guys on pc gets everything earlier...I definitely have to consider a platform change...

Despite me always ribbing @tbtstt all the time about consol pesants, there is something to be said about the simplicity of purchasing a $400 consol box and forgetting about the hardware untill the next one is released.  Although PCs are more powerful (or can be if you throw enough $$ at them), there is an addictive part of constantly upgrading or feeling that need to.  That $400 every 3-4 years for a new consol vs say $1000 initial + $200-$500 every 3 to 4 years for a PC.  Also there is the sim hardware avalable that can be a carrot dangling in front of you, too.  Then when you start thinking on the SIM level, now you are looking at taking up space with your rig that you build.  

It IS fun to play on a PC, but for some (me) it can turn into another mouth to feed and get rather complicated.  I may be the worst example though.

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, JamesMcAdam said:

Don't you think that heavy rain is a bit too much @PJTierney ? 😁

PS4

Carreer mode - Masters at Lohéac

Condition: Irish

Have a quick check after Version 1.10 if it still happens, and if so share details on how you can reproduce it, in the bug thread when it opens 🙂 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Someone seems to have jumped the gun

ggsd.thumb.png.f60d8938eedcdb3082eebf47db64471d.png

Press to doubt.

The Patch Notes are out there now, but the actual update isn't until this week 🙂 

• Haha 2

in the patch notes that is the Peugeot 206 flames from the exhaust come so far so good but there is also the right sound?
Edited by gleylancer571

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Press to doubt.

The Patch Notes are out there now, but the actual update isn't until this week 🙂 

Patch 1.10 it’s not tomorrow?

1 hour ago, gfRally said:

Despite me always ribbing @tbtstt all the time about consol pesants, there is something to be said about the simplicity of purchasing a $400 consol box and forgetting about the hardware untill the next one is released.

Yeah, that is exactly why I rarely bother with PC gaming now @gfRally. I predominantly gamed on PC in the late 90's/early 00's, but got sick of having to tweak or change something with the computer every few months when a new title came out (especially as there always seemed to be something I'd miss when reading the specification list!). 

I accept that games can certainly look better on PC - and, perhaps most crucially, you can tweak details like liveries on PC - but I really don't miss that uncertainty when I pick up a new game now: I put it in and I know its going to play without issue*!

* Unless it's Gran Turismo and it's got 1000 GB of updates to install first. 

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

i think the Patch 1.10 will be tomorrow

Currently TBC, but that is the planned date.

• Haha 3

On 10/26/2019 at 9:42 PM, JZStudios said:

I haven't been to a hockey game in a few years, but there weren't any nets. I always ended up getting bored and wandering off since... it might've been before I got my glasses so I couldn't actually see anything. The Zamboni driver is the most impressive one there.

On 10/27/2019 at 7:51 AM, PJTierney said:

The big net behind the goal is for safety (and sometimes the convenience of not having to travell 300m to get a ball 😄 )

apologies, where I'm from nets can be synonyms of goals (as in, the thing you are trying to score into). see the title of this video. I happen to despise both of these teams but whatever.

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Condition: Irish

... or, like, anywhere you get hard rain from crazy humidity buildup. so everywhere tropical, with plains etc

Edited by ianism

1 hour ago, ianism said:

apologies, where I'm from nets can be synonyms of goals (as in, the thing you are trying to score into). see the title of this video. I happen to despise both of these teams but whatever.

You said there were nets to catch runaway pucks. I also find it odd that the glass would break, always thought they were plexiglass.

9 hours ago, JamesMcAdam said:

Don't you think that heavy rain is a bit too much @PJTierney ? 😁

PS4

Carreer mode - Masters at Lohéac

i have the same problem on the group A weekly event............ and no other choice to give up the event