DiRTy Gossip

Just want to point out the the pop-off valve for the 206 in the newest update sounds nothing like the real thing. The 206 WRC has a short chirping sound. See what I mean in this video when the cars are coming into a braking point and are going down the gears:

1 hour ago, Benniz said:

Just want to point out the the pop-off valve for the 206 in the newest update sounds nothing like the real thing. The 206 WRC has a short chirping sound. See what I mean in this video when the cars are coming into a braking point and are going down the gears:

Put it in the car inaccuracy thread if you think it needs attention @Benniz!

• Like 2

Yes I quite agree. We also need the louder bangs as This is missing in most cars. When I've watched them live you

can here the bangs a long time before as the cars get closer. If that's possible that would be awsome.

• Agree 3

7 hours ago, koog2003 said:

Could you please be so kind to explain what you are meaning ? You did not know you need to re-configure it again because the hardware settings files are now different ? There should not be any change performance wise with the Oculus Rift. You need to re-configure the graphics settings. I did not try myself I still did not have the damn time 😞

You can read this in the roadbook. It is madecthis way to get the same settings no matter is you you oculusVR or use steamVR. But to do so both get the settings fron steamVR. That is a bad choice, as befors 1.9 version steamVR had a poor performance. In my opinion it should have been the orher way round, so oculusVR settings should be leading.

There are 2 presets: 2D and VR

The VR preset isn’t a “Steam VR preset” or an “Oculus SDK preset”, it’s a preset to separate VR settings from 2D.

In 1.9, Oculus SDK was using 2D (Oculus SDK as a whole was implemented pretty late into 1.9 development, and the preset just missed the submission deadline) which meant if you were used to playing 2D at higher settings they may have been too high for when you play in VR, thus hurting performance. 

1.10 amended this so that no matter which way you play in VR, you are using a VR preset and the graphics options you have chosen to optimise this more demanding way to play. That way there’s no cross-contamination if you are changing any graphics options.

Yes, this does require you to redo your preferences if you were using Oculus SDK in 1.9.

On a somewhat related note, numerous tweaks and changes were made to the Steam VR version in 1.10 based on learnings from Oculus SDK performance, so that no matter which VR SDK you were using you would get similar performance (Oculus performance is the target as that’s what the game’s VR implementation was initially built for).

43 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

There are 2 presets: 2D and VR

The VR preset isn’t a “Steam VR preset” or an “Oculus SDK preset”, it’s a preset to separate VR settings from 2D.

In 1.9, Oculus SDK was using 2D (Oculus SDK as a whole was implemented pretty late into 1.9 development, and the preset just missed the submission deadline) which meant if you were used to playing 2D at higher settings they may have been too high for when you play in VR, thus hurting performance. 

1.10 amended this so that no matter which way you play in VR, you are using a VR preset and the graphics options you have chosen to optimise this more demanding way to play. That way there’s no cross-contamination if you are changing any graphics options.

Yes, this does require you to redo your preferences if you were using Oculus SDK in 1.9.

On a somewhat related note, numerous tweaks and changes were made to the Steam VR version in 1.10 based on learnings from Oculus SDK performance, so that no matter which VR SDK you were using you would get similar performance (Oculus performance is the target as that’s what the game’s VR implementation was initially built for).

Will the German co-driver be improved soon?
He speaks a mix of german and english and the voice changes from female to male at the end of a stage

• Agree 2

Asking me in every thread with no reference to the post you are quoting isn’t going to expedite a response.

What would help are specifics, such as which Stages this occurs on. 

Drop them in the 1.10 reporting thread 🙂 

10 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Asking me in every thread with no reference to the post you are quoting isn’t going to expedite a response.

What would help are specifics, such as which Stages this occurs on. 

Drop them in the 1.10 reporting thread 🙂 

First, I do not ask you in any thread 
Second, I do not want an accelerated response but that anyone cares about it 
Third, I've been posting this bug for months in the bug thread and it's still not fixed 

Edited by gleylancer571

6 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

First, I do not ask you in any thread 
Second, I do not want an accelerated response but that anyone cares about it 
Third, I've been posting this bug for months in the bug thread and it's still not fixed 

All of these are in direct confrontation with each other. You've been posting it for months without asking, and don't want a quick response but want it to be fixed quickly...

so what? the point is, it't not even being fixed slowly... it remains unfixed.

it's not funny when PJ asks for issue details while they are on forum for months. and devs supposedly read all reports hmmm

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

In this sense, there are not even details of the mix of German and English is constantly in every rally and in every stage
The change from female to male is not in any particular rally or stage 
this can happen at the end of a stage at every rally
In the Report Bug Thread I have often posted the problem with the German co driver, but you never know if Codemaster 
will register it  and these 2 problems are already since the release of the game

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Like 1

Can you link me to previous reports?

I'll take a look and see if there's enough info there.

35 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Can you link me to previous reports?

I'll take a look and see if there's enough info there.

I admit that I did not describe the problem in detail at that time but on 25 March I already reported that the German co-driver speaks two languages

Thanks for that 🙂 

What would really help is a short clip of it happening so that the team can nail down what triggers it. Seeing a bug in action really helps in scenarios like this.

@SkyRex I know you play in DE language, have you come across this and got a clip?

@PJTierney I would like to ask you some questions, and I would like to receive answers. What did you not understand about the note in Spain that I reported? I posted video and description of the error, more than that I wouldn't know how to help you. The problem is that I found others wrong in Greece, or not very accurate in Poland, etc. .. at this point, even if it would require more time, would it be better to do a total revision? Perhaps alongside an interpreter who also corrects translation errors? What do you propose?

1 minute ago, Deltone91 said:

@PJTierney I would like to ask you some questions, and I would like to receive answers. What did you not understand about the note in Spain that I reported? I posted video and description of the error, more than that I wouldn't know how to help you. The problem is that I found others wrong in Greece, or not very accurate in Poland, etc. .. at this point, even if it would require more time, would it be better to do a total revision? Perhaps alongside an interpreter who also corrects translation errors? What do you propose?

Hi there.

I saw your reports in each update and passed them on; as you'll see some notes were addressed in 1.10.

I don't know how likely or feasible a full note revision will be I'm afraid; that's not info I have available.

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Version 1.10 Update Available Now – Version 1.10.1 Next Week

Already a bug fix ? Can I ask you for what @PJTierney ? Thanks man 🙂

Edited by koog2003

I always liked this trailer and hope next Finland will be even better.

Edited by Johnnnn

20191101173431_1.thumb.jpg.e4521ca6a3510fe77f83dbd77ed966c4.jpg

Huh are these MG banners new? Possibly signifying something new we'll get soon? :classic_ninja:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Not entirely sure, but I noticed banner additions throughout the year with patching.

• Thanks 1

I have a question about rallycross careers
I was first in the first race and second in the second and third
but I was eliminated after three races, why?

Edited by gleylancer571

35 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

I have a question about rallycross careers
I was first in the first race and second in the second and third
but I was eliminated after three races, why?

There are multiple Heats. Even if you win in yours others may be faster in theirs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, koog2003 said:

Already a bug fix ? Can I ask you for what @PJTierney ? Thanks man 🙂

Patch Notes are in the usual place 🙂 

It's mainly a hotfix for Broadcast Mode as we're preparing for livestreamed World Series events.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

and she mixes german with english words constantly, wich is irritating. But maybe it's the way she does this job in real life, because I think she is a real co-driver.

and that's one of my main points of criticism