DiRTy Gossip

11 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Those 100 jumps at Finland, that’s basically 2 Stages 😄 

I shall be catching up and getting back to 99% completion again tonight: I still haven't put in enough miles to unlock the outstanding DS21 trophy! 

2 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

But a livery for the polo R5 ? The Mitsubishi Mirage/Spacestar at least had some decent ones, the VW desperately need one...

Given their connection to the game I am really surprised that we haven't seen another Solberg livery (or two) for the Polo R5. Hopefully that is something on the cards for a future season.

22 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

what I don’t understand is why you still run with 2.0 L engines in the open category?

Because - sorry to say it @gfRally - the EJ20 is the stronger engine and if it hadn't been for the US market the EJ25 wouldn't be as widespread as it is now. 

All the cars I consider to the best examples of tuned/competition Subaru use EJ20 or EJ22 blocks. 

2 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I still haven't put in enough miles to unlock the outstanding DS21 trophy! 

I did that one in one shot with @richie back when I didn't have Season 1 DLC.

It took forever 😄 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I did that one in one shot with @richie back when I didn't have Season 1 DLC.

It took forever 😄 

I don't get much time for gaming in the evenings, so I am reluctant to waste an evening (or two!) racking up mileage in one of my least favourite cars in the game! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I shall be catching up and getting back to 99% completion again tonight: I still haven't put in enough miles to unlock the outstanding DS21 trophy! 

Given their connection to the game I am really surprised that we haven't seen another Solberg livery (or two) for the Polo R5. Hopefully that is something on the cards for a future season.

Because - sorry to say it @gfRally - the EJ20 is the stronger engine and if it hadn't been for the US market the EJ25 wouldn't be as widespread as it is now. 

All the cars I consider to the best examples of tuned/competition Subaru use EJ20 or EJ22 blocks. 

For what I see you really dislike the EJ20/22t engines...you almost hate it 😆

(sarcasm)

One of my favorite channels,this guy have a lot of passion for Subi boxer engines.

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

For what I see you really dislike the EJ20/22t engines...you almost hate it 😆

(sarcasm)

One of my favorite channels,this guy have a lot of passion for Subi boxer engines.

Although it is not entirely without merit, the EJ25 ruined the UK variant of the Impreza. The EJ25, perhaps unfairly, has a real stigma attached to it in the UK, as the hatch was plagued with engine issues. 

@tbtstt in your honest opinion,why Subaru Tecnica decided to not invest in the Rally scene anymore? I mean as a manufacturer,i’m Not talking about privateers.you think we are going to see Subi again invest in a rally project in the future?

@tbtstt  I have no mental investment in the EJ25, my heart isn't with any particular block.  I like the boxer design.  I was a bit stuck on the EJ25 over here because it was the engine that Subaru put in every car for many years and had the thought that it was also used in the US rally cars for this reason.

My last 3 Subarus have had EJ25's.   Now my Wife's new Forester has the FB25 its a nice upgrade from the old model, torque range is better and gas milage is better - good think because because mine is a bit more thirsty now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tbtstt said:

I don't get much time for gaming in the evenings, so I am reluctant to waste an evening (or two!) racking up mileage in one of my least favourite cars in the game! 

If you're planning to tackle this make sure you have a few litres of coffee right next to you as it's been scientifically proven recently that the DS21 causes the body's melatonin production to skyrocket which results in people falling asleep after just a few corners. The WHO is recommending to use this car in cases of insomnia around the planet^^. 💤💤💤

Btw, good job Codies! Finland is amazing, the stages are so much fun, and the trees taste so good! 

Edited by richie
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

They're obviously too easy then 😉

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, mats27 said:

😉 

• Haha 3

Version 1.11

Made-up date, 2019

Achievements:

• New Achievement: Fast and Furious - Set a World Record in Time Trial
  • New Achievement: The Engine's in the Front! - Complete a Stage in the Porsche 911 RGT using reverse gear only
  • Like 1
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, mats27 said:

Well the rest of them need to be easy to allow more time to be spent driving the DS21! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

Dear Codies,

Please don’t forget that the Skoda Fabia 2000cc it’s still waiting to receive a decent sound...

That is the last world rally car driven by our beloved Colin Steel McRae,it deserve a proper sound...

(at least don’t use the focus ‘07 one...really bad choice and a sound that is too recognizable )

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

Just now, AlexSpartan316 said:

Dear Codies,

Please don’t forget that the Skoda Fabia 2000cc it’s still waiting to receive a decent sound...

That is the last world rally car driven by our beloved Colin Steel McRae,it deserve a proper sound...

(at least don’t use the focus ‘07 one...really bad and too recognizable sound choice...)

And put the proper gear change on it along with the 206

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

@tbtstt in your honest opinion,why Subaru Tecnica decided to not invest in the Rally scene anymore? I mean as a manufacturer,i’m Not talking about privateers.you think we are going to see Subi again invest in a rally project in the future?

Combination of factors I think @AlexSpartan316. Trends in car sales (both domestic and foreign markets) were changing and the WRC program seemed less relevant, '06 or '07 were awful seasons for SWRT and '08 was really the final nail in the coffin. I wonder just how different the 2008 campaign might have been with McRae onboard and if he could have extracted more from the S14: and perhaps prolonged the existence of SWRT.

Subaru still have some factory involvement with the Japanese (and Pacific-Asia) Championship, plus Subaru USA seem have heavily invested in their US rally programme with Vermont...

...as for a return to WRC I can't see it happening in the near future. The WRX STI is too big to work with the current regulations. If the rumours about the next WRX STI are true and it is going to be based on a smaller platform, then perhaps they might have a suitable car, but with changes to the regulations coming I can't see Subaru getting involved until those come into effect. 

6 hours ago, gfRally said:

@tbtstt  I have no mental investment in the EJ25, my heart isn't with any particular block.  I like the boxer design.  I was a bit stuck on the EJ25 over here because it was the engine that Subaru put in every car for many years and had the thought that it was also used in the US rally cars for this reason.

I suspect that the reason the EJ20 isn't mentioned on a lot of the press material is because it isn't great to show the competition car using a different engine to the showroom model (especially given how much the US marketing seems to focus on the direct connection between the stage and showroom models).

Yeah, can understand that you were/are trapped by the market. A lot of the Forester crowd really rate the EJ25 and, to be fair, the UK hawk (the first UK model to get the EJ25) was OK, it was the hatch when the trouble (specifically ringland failure) began. Although that was later proven to not be directly connected to the engine itself, it gave the EJ25 a real stigma. 

Shame that the UK got stuck with the EJ25 because of the US market. It's perhaps an unfair judgement on my part, but there is no way I'd buy a post-2005 UK model because of that engine. 

• Like 2

can we please have the sector times back to how they was ? cant see if im up or down. this is in time trials. each sector just says the time now. instead of up or down . which is the whole point of time trials.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

That is the last world rally car driven by our beloved Colin Steel McRae

Actually, his last WRC event was in a Xsara in 2006... Codies, can we have a Xsara? Pretty please? 😘

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Malling said:

Actually, his last WRC event was in a Xsara in 2006... Codies, can we have a Xsara? Pretty please? 😘

Really? I only remember his legendary performance with the Skoda in Australia...well I guess we always have to learn.

(xsara amazing and beautiful  wr car...love it)

Let me join in: Can we have a Xsara and/or better sounds for Fabia, please? 🙏 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, iamtheVP said:

Let me join in: Can we have a Xsara and/or better sounds for Fabia, please? 🙏 

👀

• Like 1

Maybe they should fix the existing cars before adding new ones. New sounds for Fabia WRC, the kind that sound like Fabia WRC and are not copy-pasted from another car, should be done asap. I don't drive the car at all because of that.

Also fix the cockpit view with Stratos when using lowest FOV:20191030210506_1.thumb.jpg.d732ff4bf6f8351e9bf1de84fd9ed4c2.jpg

And the windshield wipers on 911 SC RS:

20191030210608_1.thumb.jpg.142fd3d4e0a0e525e3e11c92cec69901.jpg

And re-think the H3 RWD class. 240Z and Ascona are really nice cars but they don't see much use since they are way too slow to compete in that class. Fixing all those would be like adding FIVE new rally cars for me.

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 3

10 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

And re-think the H3 RWD class. 240Z and Ascona are really nice cars but they don't see much use since they are way too slow to compete in that class

No they are not 😀

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

Maybe they should fix the existing cars before adding new ones. New sounds for Fabia WRC, the kind that sound like Fabia WRC and are not copy-pasted from another car, should be done asap. I don't drive the car at all because of that.

Also fix the cockpit view with Stratos when using lowest FOV:20191030210506_1.thumb.jpg.d732ff4bf6f8351e9bf1de84fd9ed4c2.jpg

And the windshield wipers on 911 SC RS:

20191030210608_1.thumb.jpg.142fd3d4e0a0e525e3e11c92cec69901.jpg

You posted these in the bug-reporting thread recently, and we have discussed both of them internally.

Not got anything concrete right now but they have been on our radar since you posted 🙂 

• Like 3