Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

No they are not 😀

Just picked a random leaderboard, the highest places Ascona and 240Z are 31 seconds slower than the fastest time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

Maybe they should fix the existing cars before adding new ones. New sounds for Fabia WRC, the kind that sound like Fabia WRC and are not copy-pasted from another car, should be done asap. I don't drive the car at all because of that.

Also fix the cockpit view with Stratos when using lowest FOV:20191030210506_1.thumb.jpg.d732ff4bf6f8351e9bf1de84fd9ed4c2.jpg

And the windshield wipers on 911 SC RS:

20191030210608_1.thumb.jpg.142fd3d4e0a0e525e3e11c92cec69901.jpg

And re-think the H3 RWD class. 240Z and Ascona are really nice cars but they don't see much use since they are way too slow to compete in that class. Fixing all those would be like adding FIVE new rally cars for me.

Me neither...i have tried but I simply can’t drive Colins Fabia with the Focus engine sound...it’s a real shame,the car model it’s actually pretty darn good.

Codies use instead the focus ‘01 sound if for whatever reasons you can’t rec. the real one...it’s way more suitable.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

Just picked a random leaderboard, the highest places Ascona and 240Z are 31 seconds slower than the fastest time.

Maybe top drivers like the sound of the BMW? 😀 The BMW to me seems a tad quickerm with the other cars I do about the same times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a chance to try a few stages in Finland and love it with the new physics, it’s a huge leap forward over the same location in DR1.

 

However, my enjoyment has been somewhat stymied by the huge levels of fog in the stages. It’s crazy how thick this is, and doesn’t seem to be an option or connected to weather. This fog wasn’t visible in any of the preview images either, which makes me think it’s there for performance reasons, which would be a huge shame. Is there any explanation for this choice anywhere?

 

I’m also once again somewhat disappointed by the lack of weather options. I’m fine with the DR2 event being set in August or September, but for clear conditions to only be available at two of the four time slots is somewhat disappointing, as is the lack of wet options. 

 

Still, texture work is great and this location is the best so far to showcase physics improvements from DR1 to DR2, I just hope something can be done to address the visibility.

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree,in Finland you can really notice a huge improvement over the previous dirt in terms of physics,you can now feel the car weight over the fast corners/braking points and it’s way more challenging go flat out without making mistakes or crash into a tree (and that is a good thing) small steering inputs are way more important and rewarded

i don’t know why they struggle so much with the weather/time variety in this game...

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully the bizarre fog and and lack of weather options is addressed in a patch. Overall Finland is kind of a downgrade from DR1 as it is, although in some ways it has improved

The preview images are fanciful to put it mildly

DR2_Location_Finland-(2).jpg

vs. how it actually looks like:

findr2-jpg.333370

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, we need more options to the wet road in Finland.  Cloudy midday and wet road, please Codemasters.

Edited by J89
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMFG!!! HAVE ANYONE ELSE SEEN THE SQUIRREL RUNNING OVER THE TRACK AT NAARAJÄRVI?????

 

It didnt show in the replay so i restarted the track and now it didnt happen. It was somewhere after the square left. Please tell me im not going crazy??

Edited by somethingthing
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

OMFG!!! HAVE ANYONE ELSE SEEN THE SQUIRREL RUNNING OVER THE TRACK AT NAARAJÄRVI?????

 

It didnt show in the replay so i restarted the track and now it didnt happen. It was somewhere after the square left.

😮😮😮 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen some deers cross the track at Baumholder so it's totally possible that a squirrel crossed the road, although I'd expect some elks in Finland ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, richie said:

I've seen some deers cross the track at Baumholder so it's totally possible that a squirrel crossed the road, although I'd expect some elks in Finland ^^

I didnt know the game actually had animals crossing the road. Thats so cool!! I remember going to some arcade back in the day and playing racing games. I think it was sega rally that also had it.

Edited by somethingthing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine driving a rally car in Finland at 220 + km/h , and all of a sudden getting the windscreen smashed by a squirrel 🐿 like a friggin bullet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Imagine driving a rally car in Finland at 220 + km/h , and all of a sudden getting the windscreen smashed by a squirrel 🐿 like a friggin bullet

a kangaroo got hit at bathurst a couple of years ago

@PJTierney

can you confirm that its actually a squirrel running over the track in finland?

Edited by somethingthing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

You will occasionally see some eager rally fans, yes 😉 

I'll be keeping my eyes on the road (when I'm not extracting my car from the trees) later...

tenor.gif

Edited by tbtstt
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

I didnt know the game actually had animals crossing the road. Thats so cool!! I remember going to some arcade back in the day and playing racing games. I think it was sega rally that also had it.

 

rich1eI_DiRTRally20_20190708_21-02-58.thumb.png.20b07c6bc88639b2863070c4ba129148.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

Had a chance to try a few stages in Finland and love it with the new physics, it’s a huge leap forward over the same location in DR1.

 

However, my enjoyment has been somewhat stymied by the huge levels of fog in the stages. It’s crazy how thick this is, and doesn’t seem to be an option or connected to weather. This fog wasn’t visible in any of the preview images either, which makes me think it’s there for performance reasons, which would be a huge shame. Is there any explanation for this choice anywhere?

 

I’m also once again somewhat disappointed by the lack of weather options. I’m fine with the DR2 event being set in August or September, but for clear conditions to only be available at two of the four time slots is somewhat disappointing, as is the lack of wet options. 

 

Still, texture work is great and this location is the best so far to showcase physics improvements from DR1 to DR2, I just hope something can be done to address the visibility.

I quite agree. The fog issue is spoiling the experience 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Legit question? Not a complaint.  Are the speeds we are seeing, realistic?  I mean the spec cams sometimes make it look like a cartoon the cars wiz by so quick!  Is it possible that you just push harder because no fear of death?  Poland and now Finland seem the worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends. You can't die and you don't have realistic damage. So no 😄 But I like normal speeds so I use it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gfRally said:

Legit question? Not a complaint.  Are the speeds we are seeing, realistic?  I mean the spec cams sometimes make it look like a cartoon the cars wiz by so quick!  Is it possible that you just push harder because no fear of death?  Poland and now Finland seem the worst.

In regular career races i sometimes pretend that id hurt myself and Phill if i would crash and/or have to pay for damages to the car. It might sound silly but its actually fun and a different way to enjoy the game. Of course its not possible to feel the same thing as they do irl but thats the closest most of us will get.

Edited by somethingthing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gfRally said:

Legit question? Not a complaint.  Are the speeds we are seeing, realistic?  I mean the spec cams sometimes make it look like a cartoon the cars wiz by so quick!  Is it possible that you just push harder because no fear of death?  Poland and now Finland seem the worst.

That's what I like about getting some of the rally maps or Pikes Peak in BeamNG. When you really push it feels like just seconds from spontaneous combustion and death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×