DiRTy Gossip

The option realistic/hard core damage on the car should be buffed...and a lot...

(at the current state you can survive a 120mph multiple roll crash and continue the rally...)

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Agree 5

2 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

The option realistic/hard core damage on the car should be buffed...and a lot...

(at the current state you can survive a 120mph multiple roll crash and continue the rally...)

Not 120mph but still.. 😅

24 minutes ago, MacNitro said:

Not 120mph but still.. 😅

That’s not even close to what I meant...

...but ok,I guess...idk

Edited by AlexSpartan316

18 hours ago, somethingthing said:

OMFG!!! HAVE ANYONE ELSE SEEN THE SQUIRREL RUNNING OVER THE TRACK AT NAARAJÄRVI?????

If this is some cheap attempt at flattery by codies to try get me to return to the forums.. 

.. Well I guess it worked. Well played. 

That being said, if the squirroo turns out to be a lie .. I may just have to start collecting nuts- and they will be the variety that will be sorely missed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, SquirrelEsquire said:

If this is some cheap attempt at flattery by codies to try get me to return to the forums.. 

.. Well I guess it worked. Well played. 

That being said, if the squirroo turns out to be a lie .. I may just have to start collecting nuts- and they will be the variety that will be sorely missed. 

It’s all true mr. Squirrel...

yesterday I saw one crossing the stage in front of my car,that cute little thing was fast af! 😮 

Edited by AlexSpartan316

9 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

that cute little thing was fast af!

Apparently @EvansR5 has been training them 😉 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toninus said:

Killarney screenshot ?

DR2_Location_SouthAfricaRX_1.jpg

That's the one 👍🏻

Also, no plans for a Mazda 323, that was just a livery I remembered when I saw the Season 3 design 🙂 

I’d like the asphalt tires to be bigger and more like the real one in the Porsche 911 RGT.

Edited by Keko55

15 hours ago, gfRally said:

Legit question? Not a complaint.  Are the speeds we are seeing, realistic?  I mean the spec cams sometimes make it look like a cartoon the cars wiz by so quick!  Is it possible that you just push harder because no fear of death?  Poland and now Finland seem the worst.

A combination of everything I guess. You can abuse the physics/grip somewhat, don't need to care about damage, and if you add inch by inch stage knowledge and hundreds of retries, the one "perfect" run that eventually get uploaded to Youtube will look silly as ****.

As a mere mortal I approach the game in another way. I don't practice each stage to perfection and I try to drive the cars as I would have IRL. That said, I wouldnt be able to match the WR chasers even if I tried so..

• Agree 3

56 minutes ago, bogani said:

A combination of everything I guess. You can abuse the physics/grip somewhat, don't need to care about damage, and if you add inch by inch stage knowledge and hundreds of retries, the one "perfect" run that eventually get uploaded to Youtube will look silly as ****.

As a mere mortal I approach the game in another way. I don't practice each stage to perfection and I try to drive the cars as I would have IRL. That said, I wouldnt be able to match the WR chasers even if I tried so..

I agree.That said, the cars physics are still too "forgiving" at the limits IMHO. The "white knuckle" effect comes into play a lot less for me than in RBR ...............

RBR could not give air to the wheels of DR 2.0. Cars with 300 bhc are trapped to the minimum... Canned driving and nothing technical. Without realistic suspension, gearbox, weight... inertia... It’s horrible. I’m sorry if I offend anyone. It’s not my intention.

The speeds are most definitely exagerated, always have been in Codies games. It's obviously done for the thrill but it does make it feel a little arcadey.

The real problem is that there is simply not enough damage to discourage driving like an idiot. The huge jumps in Finland would totally destroy the suspension if taken at the speeds the game allows.

Hardcore Damage needs to be much more severe.

Also the tyre wear needs to be increased dramatically.

Otherwise it's a fantastic game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I think the speeds are fairly realistic. It's just us playing a video game and pushing a lot without fear of consequences. Sometimes I'm quite surprised when I send my car deep into outer space and the game tells me that I just hit a rock or a tree at 180kph, but that's actually what happens in real life. Rally drivers are nuts, pushing 160, 180 and sometimes 200kph on narrow roads. It's insane. 

What happens in reality is often a lot faster, more dangerous and insane than what we think should be implemented and represented somehow in games. 

Edited by richie
  • Agree 3

Que los rallyes de verdad no se salta como Finlandia has visto cómo saltan los pilotos los coches no se rompen mira cómo van de rápido la gente no hace más que decir tonterías

The speed must feel fast... What is arcade, is to have a low feeling of speed. I am 100x100 satisfied with the speed of the game.

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Apparently @EvansR5 has been training them 😉 

They should enter the DiRT World Series, they're rapid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Keko55 said:

The speed must feel fast... What is arcade, is to have a low feeling of speed. I am 100x100 satisfied with the speed of the game.

What the hell arcade games are you playing?

In other news, this week Mr. The Block ditches the usual host and replaces him with someone far less... annoying and comes dead last in San Marino Rally Legend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, richie said:

Rally drivers are nuts, pushing 160, 180 and sometimes 200kph on narrow roads. It's insane. 

Welcome to Finland. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

There you go, I love these crazy finnish rally videos! 

Edit: An E36 rally car would be nice to have in DR2.0 ^^

Edited by richie

22 minutes ago, richie said:

There you go, I love these crazy finnish rally videos! 

Here is one for you, from the "yellow house jump". Local guy from here where I live shows how to drive it. :classic_laugh:

• Like 2