DiRTy Gossip

35 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Well as you've asked @JZStudios, I'll tell you...

My dislike for Neil Cole started over a decade ago when Dave (that's a TV channel we have here in the UK) started showing coverage of the WRC. The coverage of the WRC was hosted by two presenters, one of whom was Neil Cole. At that time I found his presenting style stilted and he didn't seem to have any real understanding - or passion - for what he was commenting on. I found it rather frustrating that, when they were many better rally presenters available in the UK, they were using him..

...fast forward a decade and he continues to get presenting jobs - many of which involve motorsport and most recently the World Rallycross - yet his delivery is still as unenthusiastic - and he is seemingly as uninformed - as he was all those years ago.  Compare him to Ed Leigh (who did the WRC coverage back in the day) or Andrew Coley (who does the World Rallycross) and you'll see what I mean: two presenters who clearly have enthusiasm and passion for what they are doing. 

NB: Fun Neil Cole story for you: I was fortunate enough to be at the DiRT 3 launch event at Battersea power station a few years ago and, after watching the launch, I settled down to get my hands on the game for the first time and who decided to sit down next at the console next to me?...

...Neil ******* Cole, that's who. I then had to endure 10 minutes of him re-doing a 30 second piece to the camera and spouting utter nonsense. I contemplated hitting him with the controller I had in my hands on more than one occasion, but I was aware that a camera was rolling and that it was a waste of a good controller. 

Dave is a TV channel? You people are weird.

Either way, I guess I don't follow sports enough to know or care who the presenters are, or be excited about them. People ***** about the usual guy, and then you hate this guy. Don't like the hype man, don't like the straight man.

I honestly have no opinion on him other than he's less annoying than Forrest. I really just spent my time watching Mr. The Block be the absolute worst at rally and genuinely garbage human being.

Edited by JZStudios

3 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

I can give you temperatures while driving DR2 if you want.

please mate 

3 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

Below the video from my attempt in Argentina.
Here are few more locations from Masters tier in Focus01 (New Zealand is uploading) There are more locations with rainy weather but not as much rainy as in video below.
Does it look like on your end?

TBH I don't know 🙂 I've bought the cooler almost at the same time. As far as I remember I bought it to limit a noise level generated by factory cooler. Also for potential OC. I can give you temperatures while driving DR2 if you want.

Is that "heavy rain" conditions ? cause in heavy rain I see much more rain than this and I mean a lot more man

21 hours ago, PJTierney said:

DiRTy Gossip 😉

https://discord.gg/YgR4zm7 

Right now they're on a naval expedition to Finland:

It was fun while it lasted. Not sure why people decided to spoil it. 

In other news, the current Dailies allow non-DLC owners to try Finland in a H2 RWD vehicle. Needless to say, the achievement "Finnesse: roll your car over and continue in Finland" was achieved within the first shakedown run

• Like 4

1 hour ago, koog2003 said:

Is that "heavy rain" conditions ? cause in heavy rain I see much more rain than this and I mean a lot more man

I guess it was. I recorded for you TT a few mins ago (see below)
At the end you can see temp of GPU (54*)

35 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

54 ??? Wow mine arrives at 90 degrees while playing DR2. It is within the operable temperature of a GTX 1080ti I read.

Yeah.. 90*C is OK for those cards.
Just to make it fair, I have opened my computer's case opened. Without it I it might have been about 10-15 degrees more I guess.

• Like 1

Ya 90° is normal for that GPU with stock cooler. I have here a rtx2070 and I get 70° (stock cooler (Asus Strix)) 

• Like 1

different gpus different temps. compare the same cards, all cards run at different temps.

I know that, far from me to compare both as the same, nothing near that. Was just saying if someone wanted to know

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, koog2003 said:

0:28 the Scandinavian flick 🙂 Lovely !

Too bad my friend lost a video of me and my friend beating our cars at ice track. I used to daily drive my 80's Oldsmobile and sliding around the corners with it was fun af. As it is an automatic and I don't like to use the e-brake on those cars the only way to get it to a massive slide was a scandi flick. It looks so majestic when +5m long american land yacht performs scandinavian flick. :classic_laugh:

These was the cars we drove on the ice track.

64865634_10157074759291005_7356011133766

The black one is mine.

I might have driven my cars like I stole them even before that. :classic_rolleyes:

305379_10150371586256005_465512409_n.jpg

558648_10151154874211005_822425113_n.jpg

• Like 7

On 11/11/2019 at 6:11 AM, koog2003 said:

54 ??? Wow mine arrives at 90 degrees while playing DR2. It is within the operable temperature of a GTX 1080ti I read.

my MSI Armour 1070Ti gets to around 73C when playing and recording in VR on El Rodeo, I have overclocked it somewhat however to try to keep up with the demands of VR.

17 hours ago, Murikka said:

Too bad my friend lost a video of me and my friend beating our cars at ice track. I used to daily drive my 80's Oldsmobile and sliding around the corners with it was fun af. As it is an automatic and I don't like to use the e-brake on those cars the only way to get it to a massive slide was a scandi flick. It looks so majestic when +5m long american land yacht performs scandinavian flick. :classic_laugh:

These was the cars we drove on the ice track.

64865634_10157074759291005_7356011133766

The black one is mine.

I might have driven my cars like I stole them even before that. :classic_rolleyes:

305379_10150371586256005_465512409_n.jpg

558648_10151154874211005_822425113_n.jpg

Transatlantic/land yacht flick? Damn man that is EPIC! huge respect for you and your friend...driving those huge cars like that,love to see a video 🙂 

(would be awesome install an hydraulic handbrake for that beast...)

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Agree 1

On 11/6/2019 at 2:57 PM, HoksuHoo said:

Just picked a random leaderboard, the highest places Ascona and 240Z are 31 seconds slower than the fastest time.

yeah, but that's because you only see the fastest time each top player can do, so it'll be with the fastest car in the class. they can generally do times that are within a couple of seconds of their best time with slower vehicles in the class.

for example, GTR Technical's best time in El Rodeo in NR4 is 2:16.820, which is 3rd overall, with the Evo X (obviously). his best time on the same route with the STi? 2:18.740, which would be 9th. you can go through his setup videos of slower cars in each class in every location, and he shows you the difference between his best time in that car and his best time in the class, and then shows you his spot on the leaderboard (almost always top 3). his best time with a slower car is always very, very close behind - both in time and in leaderboard positions.

https://youtu.be/Y-pakskxJPw?list=PL-EX1LfuVs-J8z1ksVE6ofR1_kDIQCJaK&t=96

On 11/7/2019 at 11:21 AM, somethingthing said:

I didnt know the game actually had animals crossing the road. Thats so cool!! I remember going to some arcade back in the day and playing racing games. I think it was sega rally that also had it.

Dirt 4 had em too.

On 11/10/2019 at 1:31 PM, carpa said:

In other news, the current Dailies allow non-DLC owners to try Finland in a H2 RWD vehicle. Needless to say, the achievement "Finnesse: roll your car over and continue in Finland" was achieved within the first shakedown run

yep, same, except I was in online multiplayer the day it came out. ultra fun. I did quite well in that Promo Daily. nearly got Tier 1 with a keyboard! 😮 

Edited by ianism
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 7:35 PM, MaXyMsrpl said:

I guess it was. I recorded for you TT a few mins ago (see below)

I see a damn lot of rain more. As soon as I get back home from the office I am going to record a video for you. Same weather conditions, same track. I have double the rain on the windshield seriously. 

57 minutes ago, ianism said:

yeah, but that's because you only see the fastest time each top player can do, so it'll be with the fastest car in the class. they can generally do times that are within a couple of seconds of their best time with slower vehicles in the class.

Right, there is that. So the Ascona and 240Z are not quite as slow as the leaderboards would suggest.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Right, there is that. So the Ascona and 240Z are not quite as slow as the leaderboards would suggest.

While some will set their PB in a less-favoured car, competition at the top of any game’s leaderboard is about optimisation.

Why sweat it out to gain 2 seconds when picking different car gives you that already, and that effort you out in can be used to go 2 more seconds ahead?

• Agree 2

The more I use the Focus ‘01 and more i’m convinced that this engine sound it’s perfect for the Fabia ‘05...

edit: at least for now as a better replacement 

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Disagree 2

19 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

The more I use the Focus ‘01 and more i’m convinced that this engine sound it’s perfect for the Fabia ‘05...

Surely it deserves its own sound instead of a copy-paste from a different sounding car in the same class. This is the sound of Fabia WRC:

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

Surely it deserves its own sound instead of a copy-paste from a different sounding car in the same class. This is the sound of Fabia WRC:

No?! You say?! He deserves it? That in the video is the real sound?! 😮 never thought about that....i’m Talking about a better and more close momentarily replacement you smartass(they already said that they can’t find the real one at the moment if i’m Not wrong)either the focus 01 seems to be not the real legit one,but it’s similar to the real fabia sound. I am asking for that sound since the car release...don’t tell me that he deserve the legit sound,i’m The first that is ******

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Take a chill pill dude. I want real sounds for the car as much as you so not much point raging at me. Didn't know you are talking about a "momentarily replacement" since you didn't say that, what you literally just said is that the Focus '01 sound is perfect for the car.

On 11/6/2019 at 9:04 PM, AlexSpartan316 said:

Me neither...i have tried but I simply can’t drive Colins Fabia with the Focus engine sound...it’s a real shame,the car model it’s actually pretty darn good.

Codies use instead the focus ‘01 sound if for whatever reasons you can’t rec. the real one...it’s way more suitable.

We already have talk about that recently,and my post it’s literally next to yours.you can’t say you didn’t see that or another one about this argument.

edit: i’m Absolutely chill,like almost always

Edited by AlexSpartan316