DiRTy Gossip

4 hours ago, gfRally said:

Where are RX locations that have had rather close Rally events?  Codies used to send a member or two of their enviro team out to the country where they where modeling for a RX/Rally event.  If this is still true, where could they have been?  If they are not sending people out, then they could have asset information from previous games/titles.  For example DiRT3 had Kenya, DiRT2 had Croatia, etc.  I am not sure how far back they would go to have photo references.  However, they seem to skimp when it comes to USA since New England is based on roads 2000 miles away near Dirtfish, so I don't think CM has such a high standard for accuracy anymore.  

My bet is they could go to Kenya since the countryside is quite different than what we have at other locations.

close RX locations? Spa, but if they went there it would have been for the World RX event there back in April/May (I can't remember). 

other rally locations? could be anywhere. I wouldn't even mind if they just ported over Dirt 2 and Dirt 3 locations: Morocco, China, Croatia, Malaysia, Utah (yeah, it was Trailblazer-only but it was awesome), Michigan, Norway, Kenya etc. it's not going to happen though.

About possible new RX locations.

Currently we have or will have these RX tracks (13x)

• Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi
  • Mettet, Belgium
  • Trois-Rivi√®res, Canada
  • Silverstone, England
  • Lydden Hill, England
  • Loh√©ac, Bretagne, France
  • Estering, Germany
  • Bikernieki, Latvia
  • Hell, Norway
  • Montalegre, Portugal
  • Killarney International Raceway, South Africa
  • Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Spain
  • H√∂ljes, Sweden

From the 2019 season (DLC) only 1 track is missing

• Spa, Belgium

From the 2018 season (original RX content) also only 1 track is missing

• Circuit of the Americas, Austin, USA

From previous seasons the following tracks are missing.

• Rosario,¬†Argentina
  • San Luis,¬†Argentina¬†
  • Kuovola,¬†Finland
  • Hockenheim,¬†Germany
  • Franciacorta,¬†Italy
  • Istanbul Park,¬†Turkey

Than the (possible) new 2020 tracks. 

• Nurburgring, Germany
  • Currently two TBC events, which might be Finland (Kymi Ring) and Russia (Igora Drive)

And there are also ARX tracks

• Mid-Ohio, USA
  • Gateway, USA

An outside possibility is Nitro Rallycross

• NRX, Utah Motorsports Campus, USA

My guess

It would be a bit strange it would be a 2020 track, although it wouldn't be unlikely. The tracks (kinda) exist. Currently the Nurburging is the only one confirmed. Also I wonder how big a chance it could be if a non WRX track would be in the game. Lydden Hill is a former WRX track, but not a current WRX track. So maybe that leaves the door open for tracks that haven't been in WRX, for example as the NRX track or for example the Kymi or Igora tracks if they wouldn't be on the 2020 calendar.

Also the two pure ARX tracks I guess will be unlikely. Strategicly the Circuit of the Americas would be a logical choice. It is a track that was used by WRX, and is used by ARX. Also it is the current only track that is missing from the 2018 season.

Spa would be a fan favorite choice, but seem to be unlikely due to licensing costs/fee.

If you look at the pre-2018 tracks, than maybe Hockenheim would make the most sense to make an appearence. The track exists in the F1 games and licensing costs might be low (Automobilista has the tracks also).

Other

One thing that I miss currently is some of the alternative track lay-outs that DiRT 4 and DiRT Rally 1 had. Also would be nice if some more tracks have a night option ūüôā.

RX Cars

I wouldn't be suprised, or at least if I would be marketing manager at IMG, is trying to get the Projekt E STARD presentation/test car in the game as free content. This will definitly help to get more people involved with Projekt E. The STARD MK8 Fiesta will be part of the fourth DLC season, so after it, it can be adjusted to be in Projekt E spec in a eSupercar class. That for example if in 2020 more car models will join Projekt E and are from the outside the same models as the 2018/2019 content, than these can also be adjusted and than be sold als payable or free DLC. Not much need to be done than as driveline physics (engine, transmission) can be taken from the Fiesta and suspension/wheel physics can be taken from the original cars.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JamesMcAdam said:

as a spy or something.¬†ūüėĀ

agent 007 ? no agent¬† DR2.0ūüėā

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

So maybe that leaves the door open for tracks that haven't been in WRX

Kouvola Circuit. :classic_biggrin::classic_rolleyes:

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ianism said:

close RX locations? Spa, but if they went there it would have been for the World RX event there back in April/May (I can't remember). 

other rally locations? could be anywhere. I¬†wouldn't even mind if they just ported over Dirt 2 and Dirt 3 locations: Morocco, China, Croatia, Malaysia, Utah (yeah, it was Trailblazer-only but it was aÔĽŅwesome), Michigan, Norway, Kenya etc. it's not going to happen though.

jon armstrong go to RX spa  he share story on instagram 

Having lots of RX tracks is cool but imo RX could use some more different types of cars. Having a huge amount of supercars is nice, but there could be more truly different kind of cars. More cars from yesteryear, more RWD cars.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

Having lots of RX tracks is cool but imo RX could use some more different types of cars. Having a huge amount of supercars is nice, but there could be more truly different kind of cars. More cars from yesteryear, more RWD cars.

^This

• Like 2

This E46 M3 ūüėé

RC_SM_banneri_SRC.jpeg

for those who don't know, SRC class is rear-wheel drive only and ~400hp

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

10F46BD5-9600-4E9A-A508-2586314868C7.thumb.jpeg.ad5344f4e33cace49871b3bb385d9bf9.jpeg

You cant really pee in the car and if you stop you lose a lot of time. Better to climb out of the window and use the hood as a seat belt. Safety first.

• Haha 2

if citroen leave wrc maybe codemasters add this car on DR 2.0 or futur dirt game ?

• Haha 1

Interesting post. You could read it like, what rally location next? (because RX doesn't have pace notes) #gossip

image.png.1dbbe066a8ea2f1da786a042c4b4315a.png

into 3 left tighten?

I really wonder who the hell wrote those peacenotes. A cyclist?

I could understand single mistake but there are too many places called completly wrong way.

2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Interesting post. You could read it like, what rally location next? (because RX doesn't have pace notes) #gossip

image.png.1dbbe066a8ea2f1da786a042c4b4315a.png

mmmm would be cool but I don't think that was the intention hahaha

• Agree 2

Haha, erm, no, I don't work for CM and don't say anything on their behalf.

Weren't codies spotted at a few other places this last year? We know Ireland, don't remember the other place I think someone pointed out.

We still have the car recording spot from a few months ago.  That's never a solid confirmation of car or of which game (sounds can be used on alternative vehicles & can be for future games)

There are clues around the place, just gotta realise they're clues...

But I agree that the same codrivers coming back does seem to suggest this is dr2 content....

Edited by F2CMaDMaXX

7 hours ago, Murikka said:

Kouvola Circuit. :classic_biggrin::classic_rolleyes:

I miss that circuit, there was some great racing there! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tbtstt said:

And still is, but sadly not WRX. Been there 2 times this year at rallycross festival and folkrace event. It's one of the tracks that are in 50km radius from where I live. :classic_laugh: 

My friend got neat pictures from that folkrace event.

71148472_468686924028207_426897839735229

71500224_922878318096876_529468999721811

Who can identify all those cars? :classic_wink:

Edited by Murikka

8 hours ago, tbtstt said:

The uphill section with the small jump is my favourite section, also turn 1.

4 hours ago, Murikka said:

And still is, but sadly not WRX. Been there 2 times this year at rallycross festival and folkrace event. It's one of the tracks that are in 50km radius from where I live. :classic_laugh: 

71148472_468686924028207_426897839735229

71500224_922878318096876_529468999721811

Who can identify all those cars? :classic_wink:

I remember the Mike Chen/Hirvonen clip when doing Folkrace in Finland. It seemed like they only used standard worn out road tires? What's the rules say about tires in Finland? Here we use competition tires, heck we can use WRC spec Michelin's if we want :classic_tongue:

New roadbook is out.
http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/11/the-dirt-roadbook-november-15-2019/

Season 4 DLC cars release have shuffled a bit. 

Original
image.png.c21005a58e6d9490ee527a8882415665.png

Now
image.png.faf5e6aca6f8d3e7b68eb390f006e028.png

Maybe this could confirm my theory about the Projekt E car might come after season 4 (which outside look similar as the RXS Evo 5 from STARD).
Also I think the development time for the Clio takes a bit more time that the Fiesta which could use parts from the OMSE MK8. 

Which new car you guys looking forward the most?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Disagree 1

13 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

We still have the car recording spot from a few months ago.  That's never a solid confirmation of car or of which game (sounds can be used on alternative vehicles & can be for future games)

Season 555. I want to believe. 

7 hours ago, Murikka said:

Apologies, my post could have been better worded: yeah, really miss seeing the World Rallycross there, but still brilliant to see the circuit being used for folkrace and, as shown in the clip from @mats27...

3 hours ago, mats27 said:

The uphill section with the small jump is my favourite section, also turn 1.

...RallyX Nordic as well. 

Seeing Oliver Solberg in the clip reminds me of one of my all time favourite rallycross moments: the PSRX team beating the **** out of the DS3 to try and get the car into the final. Think that was Kouvola 2014? 

• Like 2