Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, PJTierney said:

The same one Volkswagen took the ID.R up recently?

Seems like it. Unfortunately it would appear that Mr. The Block has already done it and in fact hasn't died horribly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Aside from the liveries I'd expect the car to look identical: as I said in my earlier post I'd expect to see the differences in lap times! 

Let's hope this is not the case. The cars in game are already too fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Citron is ending their WRC program, no 2020 season.  Ugly cars with crappy rep anyhow.

ARX is now dead, sad I couldn’t make it to a race only 3 hours away, timing sucks.  Series was meh, but not sure what Subaru’s RX program?  
 

 

Edited by gfRally
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gfRally said:

Well Citron is ending their WRC program, no 2020 season.  Ugly cars with crappy rep anyhow.

ARX is now dead, sad I couldn’t make it to a race only 3 hours away, timing sucks.  Series was meh, but not sure what Subaru’s RX program?  
 

 

 

That’s sad...Citroen made history in the world rally championship,it was unbeatable for so many years that is hard to believe this is going to an end...

would be awesome to see Subaru starting a wrx program for 2020...

Edited by AlexSpartan316

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

That’s sad...Citroen made history in the world rally championship,it was unbeatable for so many years that is hard to believe this is going to an end...

would be awesome to see Subaru starting a wrx program for 2020...

Had such high hopes for Citroën when they returned, but it just hasn't worked out. Who would have thought a couple of years ago that Toyota, whose program seemed to be all over the place in the early days, would have won the Championship while Citroën have what many consider to be the worst car in the field. 

And a Subaru return would be cool... but I can't see that happening anytime soon! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I’m completely off topic,but I want to share just real quick how these guys are about to making history right now...amazing project,you British guys must be very proud 🙂 

 

 

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, gfRally said:

Well Citron is ending their WRC program, no 2020 season.  Ugly cars with crappy rep anyhow.

ARX is now dead, sad I couldn’t make it to a race only 3 hours away, timing sucks.  Series was meh, but not sure what Subaru’s RX program?  
 

 

Is this confirmed? Three days ago, there was news stating citroen would say goodbye in 2022. but they were still discussing internally their intentions for 2020. Last week the PSA CEO even convinced Ogier not to quit and stay with them for another year... 

As far as the C3 being ugly, well, i guess everyone has the right for his own opinion, i like it. Together with the fiesta, it's the not so ugly car of WRC 😄...

Being a WRC fan, i'm really sad, seeing a factory team quiting the sport... And i just hope the rumours of SUBARU returning are true, not just gossip 😄 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Opassac said:

Is this confirmed? Three days ago, there was news stating citroen would say goodbye in 2022. but they were still discussing internally their intentions for 2020. Last week the PSA CEO even convinced Ogier not to quit and stay with them for another year... 

As far as the C3 being ugly, well, i guess everyone has the right for his own opinion, i like it. Together with the fiesta, it's the not so ugly car of WRC 😄...

Being a WRC fan, i'm really sad, seeing a factory team quiting the sport... And i just hope the rumours of SUBARU returning are true, not just gossip 😄 

 

Well...we have to admit the c3 is not the kind of car when you look at it the first time you think “wow!what a beautiful machine!”. The first time I saw it I thought: “where this spaceship came from?!look those headlights...that’s pretty ugly...”

but I have to say when you get used to it you start to like it,at least this is my case 🙂 

(if Citroen really decide to leave wrc...and maybe Codies decide to do a super sick ninja move and ask them the license to add the car in the game...I certainly wouldn’t mind 👀)

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

......

(if Citroen really decide to leave wrc...and maybe Codies decide to do a super sick ninja move and ask them the license to add the car into the game...I certainly wouldn’t mind 👀)

It's not the manufacturers putting the licensing restrictions in the way for codies, it's WRC promoter. 

  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

It's not the manufacturers putting the licensing restrictions in the way for codies, it's WRC promoter. 

Ok...so I guess I can’t even dream about it...damn wrc promoter

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 10:52 PM, Janneman60 said:

Let's hope this is not the case. The cars in game are already too fast.

I agree, but they can't just turn around and make the 2019 cars slower than the 2018 ones. They would need to change the tire model across all RX cars. Tires are way too effective at maintaining both lateral and longitudal grip at the same time. Some of it also cooks down to circuit inaccuracies. 

All I'm hoping for is that the Megane won't be as OP and the one car to rule them all.. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, bogani said:

I agree, but they can't just turn around and make the 2019 cars slower than the 2018 ones. They would need to change the tire model across all RX cars. Tires are way too effective at maintaining both lateral and longitudal grip at the same time. Some of it also cooks down to circuit inaccuracies. 

All I'm hoping for is that the Megane won't be as OP and the one car to rule them all.. 

Agreed on all points. The cars do seem too quick, but if the 2019 cars are slower than it wouldn't be right. 

With regards to the Megane I thought DiRT 4 had the same problem with the Focus RS RX: for some reason a long wheelbase car seems to be the fastest! 

(that said I still hope they find a way to bring the Focus RS RX and DS3 into the game: though the possibility of some sort of ARX themed DLC seems highly unlikely now)

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bogani said:

I agree, but they can't just turn around and make the 2019 cars slower than the 2018 ones. They would need to change the tire model across all RX cars. Tires are way too effective at maintaining both lateral and longitudal grip at the same time. Some of it also cooks down to circuit inaccuracies. 

All I'm hoping for is that the Megane won't be as OP and the one car to rule them all.. 

Agree,an overall model revision would be the best choice (2018 cars in game are even faster than the 2019 real cars in terms of lap times)

Personally I feel like the cars have too much grip even on dirt sections.like in the first right corner in Estering,the real cars have much more side momentum and slide a lot more.if you have watched a real wrx race/q or onboard you know exactly what I mean...

edit: the Focus RS RX it’s awesome,I miss that car....

Edited by AlexSpartan316

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, old locations (rally and Lydden Hill) and old cars (f.e. 2000's) have made returns. So why not some Supercars could make a return from D4/DR1.

I think the most logical and favorites would be the following as they are still being used and/or are popular.
- Citroën DS3
- Ford Focus RS RX
- VW Polo (Marklund)

Then you still have some other Supercars who were in D4 or DR1, although imo are less of a priority, but welcome to have ofcourse.
- MINI Countryman 
- Subaru Impreza WRX STI (hatchback)

 

Btw, you shouldn't look at laptimes and compare them to real life. Tracks (f.e. gravel sections) and physics of cars are quite different.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Hope also for a Pål Try dlc livery...

the absolute legend.

He will be in the game as far as i know as part of the 2019 season 4 DLC. Both the MK7 and MK8 STARD Fiesta will be in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Well, old locations (rally and Lydden Hill) and old cars (f.e. 2000's) have made returns. So why not some Supercars could make a return from D4/DR1.

I think the most logical and favorites would be the following as they are still being used and/or are popular.
- Citroën DS3
- Ford Focus RS RX
- VW Polo (Marklund)

Then you still have some other Supercars who were in D4 or DR1, although imo are less of a priority, but welcome to have ofcourse.
- MINI Countryman 
- Subaru Impreza WRX STI (hatchback)

 

Btw, you shouldn't look at laptimes and compare them to real life. Tracks (f.e. gravel sections) and physics of cars are quite different.

 

The problem tho is with the incoming changes (2018/2019 classes) where you place cars like the Focus and ds3? Maybe add an Euro Rx class? Or something like National rx?

if i’m Correct the Focus have done only Americans rx series after the retirement from wrx...?

Edited by AlexSpartan316

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

The problem tho is with the incoming changes (2018/2019 classes) where you place cars like the Focus and ds3? Maybe add an Euro Rx class? Or something like National rx?

if i’m Correct the Focus have done only Americans rx series after the retirement from wrx...?

If I would be Codemasters, I would suggest to have an 2018 Supercar class, an 2019 Supercar class, and an all Supercar class.

The Focus competed in 2018 in ARX, so basically it could go into the 2018 class (as the Subaru is also in that class)
About the Polo and DS3, they could be added to both 2018 and 2019 classes, as they were used by privateers in both WRX and ERX. And as there are already ERX liveries (Nitiss, Bryntesson) in the 2018 class, I don't see a problem with that. 

But yeah, if there won't be real liveries for these cars, then they still can appear in the "All Supercars" class with fictional (real lookalike) liveries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we know that there will be a new car class for 2019 supercars, the next question for me is that will there be a 2019 FIA World Rallycross Championship with 2019 supercars and correct tracks in Freeplay. It would only make sense for me.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

The Focus competed in 2018 in ARX, so basically it could go into the 2018 class (as the Subaru is also in that class)
About the Polo and DS3, they could be added to both 2018 and 2019 classes, as they were used by privateers in both WRX and ERX. And as there are already ERX liveries (Nitiss, Bryntesson) in the 2018 class, I don't see a problem with that. 

Yeah, I think dropping the Focus and DS3 into the 2018 class would work best (as that way we'd hopefully get the DS3 with the 2018 Oliver Solberg livery!). 

I wonder if "old" liveries could be included with those cars (i.e. the HRD livery on the Focus) or if they would be out of the question? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nPiipo said:

Since we know that there will be a new car class for 2019 supercars, the next question for me is that will there be a 2019 FIA World Rallycross Championship with 2019 supercars and correct tracks in Freeplay. It would only make sense for me.

I was wondering the exact same thing.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nPiipo said:

Since we know that there will be a new car class for 2019 supercars, the next question for me is that will there be a 2019 FIA World Rallycross Championship with 2019 supercars and correct tracks in Freeplay. It would only make sense for me.

I really hope so: It has slightly annoyed me that Abu Dhabi - and I suspect Lydden - have got added into the Freeplay World Championship. 

I would like to see separate 2018 and 2019 Championship options in Freeplay, with the correct tracks and cars for each respective season. 
 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, nPiipo said:

Since we know that there will be a new car class for 2019 supercars, the next question for me is that will there be a 2019 FIA World Rallycross Championship with 2019 supercars and correct tracks in Freeplay. It would only make sense for me.

That’s actually a good point...if the answer would be yes I do hope also for an improved and more challenging a.i. Imo It’s way too easy win a race even on 100% difficulty 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×