DiRTy Gossip

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

Btw, you shouldn't look at laptimes and compare them to real life. Tracks (f.e. gravel sections) and physics of cars are quite different.

Not really sure about what you mean? I think it's fair to compare lap times as they are trying to recreate the WRX series with authentic car behavior. 

Now, circuits aren't laserscanned and gravel sections can be quite different from year to year so it's not that strange that lap times aren't spot on. But when laptimes are 5-7 seconds faster on some circuits, something is still way off(imo the tire model) and should be looked at. 

Last time I checked Project Cars lap times was much closer to real life on the circuits they have. 

I'm still really enjoying RX in DR2 though, it's the best it's ever been! 

*Seriously though Codies, why no tire management in RX? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Regarding '19 RX cars, we will have some things in version 1.11 that allows you to use them independently of the '18 cars.

Not giving exact details until the update is finalised though, incase anything changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, nPiipo said:

Since we know that there will be a new car class for 2019 supercars, the next question for me is that will there be a 2019 FIA World Rallycross Championship with 2019 supercars and correct tracks in Freeplay. It would only make sense for me.

I'd also like a championship that does all of them, personally.

and if you do that, what do you do with Lydden? just let it sit alone in the corner?

I'm not disagreeing with you. i just want additional stuff too 😛 

and yeah, we really need Spa now.

The successor of the 208 R2 looks really sharp! 👀

208_R4-19-UPDATE_0.jpg?itok=NiuJHhIb

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

27 minutes ago, richie said:

The successor of the 208 R2 looks really sharp! 👀

208_R4-19-UPDATE_0.jpg?itok=NiuJHhIb

i’m thinking about the future r5 version ^^

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

i’m thinking about the future r5 version ^^

It's going to look mean for sure. I'm actually waiting for Peugeot to announce its return to the top class ^^ Come on Peugeot, you know you want it too! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, richie said:

It's going to look mean for sure. I'm actually waiting for Peugeot to announce its return to the top class ^^ Come on Peugeot, you know you want it too! 

I really hope that too...the return of the lion 😈

There are many rumors at the moment,but sadly nothing confirmed...yet 

Here’s a sick rendering by LP design 

784C1282-1EC8-4C25-9DCB-9B852473D0ED.jpeg

• Like 2

This'll drop on YouTube and Instagram in just over an hour, quick spin around Killarney ahead of tomorrow 😉 

DR2_SouthAfrica_Thumbnail_YouTube.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Regarding '19 RX cars, we will have some things in version 1.11 that allows you to use them independently of the '18 cars.

Not giving exact details until the update is finalised though, incase anything changes.

So in other words: the plan is than you can use the 2019 and 2018 Supercars together and independently. Sounds good 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

So in other words: the plan is than you can use the 2019 and 2018 Supercars together and independently. Sounds good 🙂 

Oh I’m not sure about combining them. I believe they will be separate Classes entirely.

Best wait for 1.11 notes.

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Oh I’m not sure about combining them. I believe they will be separate Classes entirely.

Best wait for 1.11 notes.

Hmm, for custom events it would make sense to have a class for all Supercars. Otherwise it will be limited for no real reason.

• Agree 1

Well, I finally started the WorldRX Championship mode tonight, was waiting for the full 2018 season, but I guess Abu Dhabi instead of COTA will do

Time to finally get those last 3 achievements :classic_biggrin:

Found a big bug,in Cape Town the gravel section don’t make dust when the car pass on it.

can anyone confirm?

The a.i works well here,I’m glad to see the other cars chasing me for once...nice job (they brake too much in the left corner before the jump tho...there’s no reason to brake in that turn)

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

I really hope that too...the return of the lion 😈

There are many rumors at the moment,but sadly nothing confirmed...yet 

Here’s a sick rendering by LP design 

784C1282-1EC8-4C25-9DCB-9B852473D0ED.jpeg

I don’t see Peugeot coming back to WRC any time soon, seeing as they just confirmed a WEC programme for Le Mans from 2022.

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Found a big bug,in Cape Town the gravel section don’t make dust when the car pass on it.

can anyone confirm?

The a.i works well here,I’m glad to see the other cars chasing me for once...nice job (they brake too much in the left corner before the jump tho...there’s no reason to brake in that turn)

I confirm about the dust! 

This is the only one bug I have noticed.

The AI looks perfect, so as the track. Well done Codies, very fun and tricky - especially the two chicanes - to drive.

• Thanks 1

Downloaded it late last night and only had time for a quick race. Seems like fun, plenty of loose and surprisingly tricky. Perhaps my imagination, but it seemed slightly smaller than real life? (Or it may just be that the TV cameras make the straights appear to be longer)

47 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

I confirm about the dust! 

This is the only one bug I have noticed.

The AI looks perfect, so as the track. Well done Codies, very fun and tricky - especially the two chicanes - to drive.

Hmmmm...perfect...that’s not the world I would use ^^ they brake in the left turn before the jump (for no reason) leave you a big opportunity to pass them.anyway the best a.i model so far tho

7 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Hmmmm...perfect...that’s not the world I would use ^^ they brake in the left turn before the jump (for no reason) leave you a big opportunity to pass them.anyway the best a.i model so far tho

I have to say that I have only done one race. I might have to change my mind after 10 races ^^

• Like 1

Should the online events be a joke ?? 3 Weekly R2 Events and 1 Monthly R2 Event !!! Weekly events feature the R2 event twice in Australia! Why are there no online events with the DLC cars? I would like to point out to Codemasters that I have paid money for the game and the season pass !! And for my money I would like good varied online events !! One thing is already certain the next Dirt Rally I do not buy at full price

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2