On 11/20/2019 at 7:01 PM, PJTierney said:

Back to DiRT:

Ā 

Ā 

So I'm Andreas Bakkerud's alter ego? Nice šŸ˜‰

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EvansR5 said:

o I'm Andreas Bakkerud's alter ego? Nice

No offenses @EvanR5 but it is very visible Bakkerud is a lot better, a lot moreĀ technicalĀ and a lot cleaner in his drivingĀ šŸ™‚

Edited by koog2003
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

50 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

No offenses @EvansR5 but it is very visible Bakkerud is a lot better, a lot moreĀ technicalĀ and a lot cleaner in his drivingĀ šŸ™‚

That's true, but it's more fun going full send into every corner lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, EvansR5 said:

Damn right: keep driving violent!Ā 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, koog2003 said:

No offenses @EvanR5 but it is very visible Bakkerud is a lot better, a lot moreĀ technicalĀ and a lot cleaner in his drivingĀ šŸ™‚

Andreas itā€™sĀ a natural talentedĀ RallycrossĀ beast šŸ˜ˆ

#13Ā ā¤ļø

(Mate...no need to be so rude anyway lol...)

Ā 

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Like 3

Some feedback. Promotion wise I don't think its the best clip. Now it seems the game is just arcade with just able to throw the car around and laptimes being 10 second faster than IRL. @EvansR5Ā is already passed the finnish when Bakkerud is still strugling to get out of the final chicane nursing his throttle (same corner in game: full throttle).

- Yes the game has good physics and made a big step forward.
- The track has been made for gaming, it is not laser scanned and not 1:1, so therefore basically already faster than IRL.
- The cars are to fast in the game, I think mostly because they have to much grip and with that there is a compensation with power and brake force.Ā 

Edited by JorritVD
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

@JorritVDĀ honestly I doubt that there is a chance of a physics/tyre model rebalance....in the end (for what I have seen)Ā hard core Rallycross fansĀ areĀ sadly a minority in the community,the majority of players donā€™t even notice these differences.(what for us can be a big noticeable problem /flaw for the majority of players itā€™s nothing even worth mentioning)

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

@JorritVDĀ honestly I doubt that there is a chance of a physics/tyre model rebalance....in the end (for what I have seen)Ā hard core Rallycross fansĀ areĀ sadly a minority in the community,the majority of players donā€™t even notice these differences.(what for us can be a big noticeable problem /flaw for the majority of players itā€™s nothing even worth mentioning)

It's also feedback. If it can't be done for this game, then it might be a development/strategic point for the next DiRT.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

It's also feedback. If it can't be done for this game, then it might be a development/strategic point for the next DiRT.

Absolutely šŸ˜‰Ā 

if we look the improvements from dirt 4 , I have very high expectations for the future

Edited by AlexSpartan316

7 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

I have never played to Iracing (RX), but how could we qualify the driving in Iracing compared to the DR2 one?Ā šŸ§

Edited by JamesMcAdam

3 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

I have never played to Iracing (RX), but how could qualify the driving in Iracing compared to the DR2 one?Ā šŸ§

Bakkerud in one of his QeA videos once said something like this:

ā€if you want something that resemble the real behavior of the cars Ā I racing itā€™s the closest one to real lifeā€

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Bakkerud in one of his QeA videos once said something like this:

ā€if you want something that resemble the real behavior of the cars Ā I racing itā€™s the closest one to real lifeā€

That would explain why so many RX drivers are playing to that game. Shame that we can't have a PS4 version of it.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, EvansR5 said:

image.png

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

image.png

"Don't cut" applies to rallycross as well...Ā 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

image.png

This is the first thing I will do once the mini is available in DR2.

A kind of hommage to Oliver.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The first time i tried the Abu Dhabi track, i already did that roll at the first chicaneĀ šŸ˜…

About iRacing, I wouldnt say that is better or worse. IMO iRacing is a bit to "clean". Also the jumps seem unrealistic in iRacing. IRL your suspension would be broken. Also how the damage works in iRacing ain't really correct.Ā 

I think iRacing RX performs better on asphalt, and the power/grip balance seems better. I think the gravel physics in DiRT are overall much better.Ā 

What DiRT needs, but i am no expect, is:
- Asphalt: More or same longitudinal grip, less lateral grip
- Gravel: LessĀ longitudinal grip andĀ less lateral grip
- Brakes: Less strong
- Power: A bit lower
Why? I think in high speed corners the physics are quite good, but in lower speeds to much grip.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Well,if a pro rx driver like Bakkerud says that,maybe there is a reason..maybe despite the flaws,overallĀ the cars have more weight/momentum or resemble better the behavior of the real world ones?(I actually have never tried i racing Ā )Ā 

on the other hand I have seen many rally drivers say that dirt rally itā€™s actually very accurate on resemble the gravel/off-road handling,especially itā€™s sensitive/precise on small inputs

Edited by AlexSpartan316

I really like this video...this dude drive in real life a Skoda Fabia R5 and he compared a dirt rally stage to a real onboardĀ 

Ā 

so I got these little guys today. the 22B looks excellent. the M2 is just ok, I think.Ā theyĀ almost makeĀ up for the fact that I dropped a brand new 50$ PS store card into the sewer just now šŸ˜¢Ā 

IMG_20191122_131625.thumb.jpg.1444abab5200670683c5e666944fd897.jpg

[my laptop is on a cookie rack because it protects it from spills and because it keeps it cool when I'm playing DR]

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nose porque se queja la gente del agarre si es perfecto lo que falta es contenido si quieres menos agarre juega al RBR y podrĆ”s dar las curvas a 10 km por hora que divertidoĀ :classic_sad:

Ā 

1 hour ago, ianism said:

so I got these little guys today. the 22B looks excellent. the M2 is just ok, I think.Ā theyĀ almost makeĀ up for the fact that I dropped a brand new 50$ PS store card into the sewer just now šŸ˜¢Ā 

IMG_20191122_131625.thumb.jpg.1444abab5200670683c5e666944fd897.jpg

[my laptop is on a cookie rack because it protects it from spills and because it keeps it cool when I'm playing DR]

I have been looking out for the 22B, but not seen it for sale anywhere yet! (apart from ebay at about 5 times the in store price!)Ā 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, JamesMcAdam said:

This is the first thing I will do once the mini is available in DR2.

A kind of hommage to Oliver.

Definitely potential for a Trophy there:Ā 

Hell Bennett on Destruction: Crash, roll, burn and get a mechanical retirement in the MINI.Ā 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tbtstt said:

I have been looking out for the 22B, but not seen it for sale anywhere yet! (apart from ebay at about 5 times the in store price!)Ā 

I have been stopping at every Walmart and Target in my area. Ā Haven't found on yet. Ā Need to get 2 one for me and one for my son. Ā 

4 hours ago, tbtstt said:

found it by accident when getting other stuff in a dollarama *shrugs* HW cars areĀ cheaper there than anywhere else, so I usually take a look to see what they have on the rare occasions I find myself in one.

I just got super lucky I guess.

Edited by ianism
  • Like 1