DiRTy Gossip

13 hours ago, PJTierney said:

image.png

"So I'm thinking "Alright, I'm no longer in control."" - Lewis Hamilton.

• Haha 1

Codies pretty please,we need more slots where save the cars setups,they are not catching up with the added amount of stages/tracks 

(at least on console,idk how much slots pc players have)

@PJTierney

Edited by AlexSpartan316

10 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Codies pretty please,we need more slots where save the cars setups,they are not catching up with the added amount of stages/tracks 

(at least on console,idk how much slots pc players have)

@PJTierney

i just checked and pc has 8 slots. We should at least have as many slots as countries imo.

Edited by somethingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It has different slots for the different surfaces though.
So one set of setups for Germany & Spain,
one for Monte Carlo
one for Sweden
and one for the rest (being 8 )

Edited by SkyRex
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

one for Monte Carlo
one for Sweden

Imho you need to consider at least 2 setups for each rally/track...for example I save 2 different gear ratio setup for each location,or different car behavior like more neutral or oversteer/more aggressive or soft differential setup depends on each stage

and for the Rallycross setups...tracks are now 12....(you can’t even save one setup for each track if you want to cover them all)

Edited by AlexSpartan316

18 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Imho you need to consider at least 2 setups for each rally/track...for example I save 2 different gear ratio setup for each location,or different car behavior like more neutral or oversteer/more aggressive or soft differential setup depends on each stage

and for the Rallycross setups...tracks are now 12....(you can’t even save one setup for each track if you want to cover them all)

For Rally I would be curious to know, what are your setup differences between for example Poland and USA ?

31 minutes ago, SkyRex said:

For Rally I would be curious to know, what are your setup differences between for example Poland and USA ?

Sure thing (tho Poland it’s a mixed surface location)

the biggest difference imo it’s the gear ratio,in Poland you have very fast long sections when you can hit easily the higher gear rev limiter,also in Poland for me it’s important to have a much more neutral behavior on the car weight transfer (more soft dumpers/roll bars on the rear) to gain more stability in those fast sections(very easy to lost car control)in USA i’m More confident driving a more oversteer oriented car (I’m almost always sideways ^^) also there are a few very tight corners where is important to have a lower first gear and you have to rotate the car much more...also the wheels camber,brake balance and car height...I can go on forever but I’ll stop here ^^ 

every player have different styles and preferences tho....

also my English it’s not that good...I almost always fail to explain things as I wish... :( 

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SkyRex said:

one for Monte Carlo
one for Sweden

Its not enough that they decided to not support steam workshop, now you have to copy setups from youtube videos and also do change track when doing it for different surfaces? Excuse my language but thats ******* stupid.

• Agree 1

If we talk abot rally stages 8 setup slots can be debatable(for me it’s a pain in the ...) but with 12 RX tracks (13 if you add lydden hill) it’s pretty obvious that they aren’t enough...

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Like 2

On 25 November 2005 we lost one of the legends of rally and for sure a legend himself as a person...

Richard Burns was one of the victims of brain cancer,a condition so aggressive that stopped him while he was still fighting for the 2003 title...while on his car in Rally GB suffered a blackout,and was later diagnosed the astrocytoma.he was only 32...

we lost one of the most humble and amazing drivers in wrc history...at least in my eyes...

we miss you Richard...

lost,but never forgotten. 

7BA19B7A-AF3D-468D-851A-7784A3A31910.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Agree 2

I had this car when I was 20 years old ... I did not know they made a rally car out of it ! The glorious Volvo 480 es turbo 16v 🙂

Edited by koog2003
  • Like 1

A week until Lydden drops. I am rather looking forward to taking the PSRXVW Polo around there and pretending I'm Petter Solberg...

(...even if the Polo does seem a bit slow in game)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

When I back home I’m going to race on Wales with Richard 206,and I’m going to destroy all the previous stage times...I want to drive it at the absolute limit...as if I had just stolen it...not even the trees are going to stop me,the only thing they can do is rather explode or disintegrate the hell out of my way...

Hey @PJTierney

Could we have a specific link or a post where to find all the "official pics done by Codemasters" like the following one ? 

I would love to see the collection for Rallycross, and of course, for Rally.

L’image contient peut-être : voiture, ciel et plein air

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

Hey @PJTierney

Could we have a specific link or a post where to find all the "official pics done by Codemasters" like the following one ? 

I would love to see the collection for Rallycross, and of course, for Rally.

L’image contient peut-être : voiture, ciel et plein air

Thanks.

We have about 400, and growing 😄 

1 minute ago, koog2003 said:

@PJTierney will new rally tracks be released as DLCs in the future ? What about new cars ? Thanks mate 🙂

Let's focus on Season 4 for now 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Let's focus on Season 4 for now 🙂 

Hmm..  @PJTierney your a rather matter of fact guy, and you didn't deny plans for future content...  hmmm, thats some good gossip right there I tell you.  

Y'all wanna take a gander what that might be?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, gfRally said:

Hmm..  @PJTierney your a rather matter of fact guy, and you didn't deny plans for future content...  hmmm, thats some good gossip right there I tell you.  

Season 555.

IT'S HAPPENING*.

* at least in my imagination anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, PJTierney said:

We have about 400, and growing 😄 

Hire a trainee, he will be happy to do it 🐵

And just for the rallycross side ? 🤡

13 hours ago, gfRally said:

1.6 cc world rally cars era...👀 (2012/>) maybe a DS3/Mini/Fiesta combo...

Or maybe the new Fiesta plus r5...that car it’s awesome.

i would be happy too with the season 555 tho...

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Agree 1

I would love to have the DS3 WRC in DR2. That has always been a real lack to me in the first Dirt Rally. At least, the Xsara.