DiRTy Gossip

13 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Season 555.

IT'S HAPPENING*.

* at least in my imagination anyway. 

Looking forward to Season 69 and 666 🙂

Edited by koog2003
  • Haha 1

I'd love to see the Polo WRC make a return, that and the Fiesta were two of my faves from DR1. 

The MINI Countryman WRC is an eyesore, but it sounds awesome, so that is only allowed to come back if they have proper audio for it! :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

I'd love to see the Polo WRC make a return, that and the Fiesta were two of my faves from DR1. 

The MINI Countryman WRC is an eyesore, but it sounds awesome, so that is only allowed to come back if they have proper audio for it! :classic_laugh:

As some time has passed from the first DiRT Rally, it would be even nicer to have a weird version of the Polo, totally on steroids (an increase of power from 320 to 380 HP) and with a more aggressive aero. Something like this prototype from VW that dates back a few years, which was weirdly never homologated...

2017-Volkswagen-Polo-WRC.jpg2017-Volkswagen-Polo-WRC.jpgTest-polo-r-wrc-2017_1038.jpg?resize=103

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

The mini wrc...damn...the most sick anti lag/engine sound in wrc history...I love it so much...

It's good, but it's no Group A Impreza! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

It's good, but it's no Group A Impreza! :classic_biggrin:

I absolutely did not expect such reply from you 😂 we all know you hate old Subaru rally cars...lol

Seriously tho Group A Impreza sound it’s illegal...when he pass by you feel like there are bombs exploding all over the stage....love it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hmm, season 555 :classic_happy:

I wrote hear already some about RX:
https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/178-dirty-gossip/?page=1531&tab=comments#comment-479130

Some of my S5 / S6 RX predictions:
- If a new RX track will come, than I guess the most logical ones will be: CotA, Hockenheim, Spa (and maybe an outside shot for the Utah NRX track)
- I wonder how big the chance could be to see the EKS Audi S1 as an rally car in game (because, Rally Legend)
- Projekt E launch car. The STARD Fiesta MK8 will be in season 4. So it would make sense this might be a new (sole car) standalone RX class.
- 2019 Subaru WRX STI with the 2019 ARX liveries. So many Subaru, and than no 2019 ARX blue/yellow/gold Subaru liveries?
- They have used content from previous games, so why not Focus RS RX, Polo (Marklund) and DS3? And maybe the MINI classic RX return from DR1?

Also some possibilities, but i think unlikely:
- WRC esports has finished, maybe that will give new possibilities in 2020 to license the i20 R5 and WRX cars?
- Skoda Fabia for RX, possible as Supercar or S1600 
- Honda Civic Supercar, was in PC2, multiple OMSE cars are or have been in DiRT
- Peugeot 207 S1600, from DiRT Rally 1
- Peugeot 208 S1600, using the R5 as base car, but than with the R2 sound and S1600 physics.

EDIT: I also hope for some further things:
- Alternative track lay-outs for some RX tracks (as was in in DR1 and D4)
- More weather options (for both rally and rx), more like in D4 a dynamic option (although I don't think that is realistic). For RX would be cool if there were some more night options for more locations as well and also snow for Montelegre 😛 

Edited by JorritVD
  • Agree 4

World rally cars 1.6 cc they were already in the dirt series,why such a problem now to include cars that are no more used in the world rally competitions?And even more they are out of spec cars...can someone explain me that please ☹️

Edited by AlexSpartan316
Spell

17 hours ago, JorritVD said:

- If a new RX track will come, than I guess the most logical ones will be: CotA, Hockenheim, Spa 

- More weather options (for both rally and rx), more like in D4 a dynamic option (although I don't think that is realistic). For RX would be cool if there were some more night options for more locations as well and also snow for Montelegre 😛 

These things are highly awaited from my side ! 😍

Edited by JamesMcAdam
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

World rally cars 1.6 cc they were already in the dirt series,why such a problem now to include cars that are no more used in the world rally competitions?And even more they are out of spec cars...can someone explain me that please ☹️

correct me if I'm wrong but I remember reading somewhere that the WRC came after cm after DR 1 for license infringement with that class of rally cars (it hasn't been in any subsequent game) and certain locations (less successful).

If there is more DLC then new rally stages really need to be a priority. DLC costing as much as a full game has not added a single kilometer of new stage, which is pretty sad. You are not going to run out of rally cars to drive anytime soon, but driving the same stages over and over (half of which are from DR1 where we drove them over and over) kind of becomes a problem in rally since you are supposed to rely on your co-driver rather than know the stages from memory. New locations, or new stages for the existing locations, or both, as long as there are new stages

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

- If a new RX track will come, than I guess the most logical ones will be: CotA, Hockenheim, Spa (and maybe an outside shot for the Utah NRX track)

I think someone said that Spa is very expensive to license? Would be brilliant to see it come though, I don't know a rallycross fan who didn't love that massive dirt corner! 

- I wonder how big the chance could be to see the EKS Audi S1 as an rally car in game (because, Rally Legend)
- Projekt E launch car. The STARD Fiesta MK8 will be in season 4. So it would make sense this might be a new (sole car) standalone RX class.
- 2019 Subaru WRX STI with the 2019 ARX liveries. So many Subaru, and than no 2019 ARX blue/yellow/gold Subaru liveries?
- They have used content from previous games, so why not Focus RS RX, Polo (Marklund) and DS3? And maybe the MINI classic RX return from DR1?

Also some possibilities, but i think unlikely:
- WRC esports has finished, maybe that will give new possibilities in 2020 to license the i20 R5 and WRX cars?

The S1 would be fun, but ultimately would have to sit in a class by itself, so I personally think it would be a bit of a pointless addition. 

I think Projekt E is a strong possibility, sure IMG will be keen to promote it and doing it though the game would surely be a good way of achieving that. 

I am not sure how they could best incorporate the Focus now, given that ARX is dead? It is a fan favourite though and, along with the DS3, it would be great to see in game. I wonder how much of the Marklund Polo is "under the skin" of the PSRXVW Polo we have in game as there are a few little inaccuracies?

I agree with you that I think it's unlikely, but adding the missing Skoda Fabia (WRX) and Hyundai i20 (R5 and WRX) would be fantastic if they could make it happen (especially the Hyundai, as that has been one of the best cars the last two seasons). 

I think I'm the only one who is against this: the real life tracks rarely, if ever, use alternative layouts, so I'm personally not interested in seeing them in game,..

...more weather options is a great call though: for rally and rallycross!

1 hour ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

The answer with anything WRC related normally comes down to one thing: licensing. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I wonder how much of the Marklund Polo is "under the skin" of the PSRXVW Polo we have in game as there are a few little inaccuracies?

In my opinion there is a lot of difference. Next to that, the Marklund Polo (now the concept is owned by Hedstrom) was in DiRT Rally 1 and DiRT 4. So the model is available.

Maybe not the best shots to compare, but at least some shots:
image.thumb.png.266a52431fca59c3725c889d637db1cf.pngimage.thumb.png.0ecf1f0106a1c8ddb496651735b1c262.png

image.png.a20c95c98008df4f024476401ddde0a3.pngimage.png.01aaf8115eb5d4527d0e50f89205e522.png

image.thumb.png.e09e2c5fe6fc3bf84bfa2beb8d084f0f.pngimage.thumb.png.b012de468c91d381de1ab08af8011b6c.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

In my opinion there is a lot of difference. Next to that, the Marklund Polo (now the concept is owned by Hedstrom) was in DiRT Rally 1 and DiRT 4. So the model is available.

Maybe not the best shots to compare, but at least some shots:
image.thumb.png.266a52431fca59c3725c889d637db1cf.pngimage.thumb.png.0ecf1f0106a1c8ddb496651735b1c262.png

image.png.a20c95c98008df4f024476401ddde0a3.pngimage.png.01aaf8115eb5d4527d0e50f89205e522.png

image.thumb.png.e09e2c5fe6fc3bf84bfa2beb8d084f0f.pngimage.thumb.png.b012de468c91d381de1ab08af8011b6c.png

All those little tweaks, yet they missed the engine bay: so annoying! (I don't think the audio is from a PSRXVW car either?)

Still think the PSRXVW should be quicker in game as well. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

All those little tweaks, yet they missed the engine bay: so annoying! (I don't think the audio is from a PSRXVW car either?)

Does anyone have actually a photo of that engine bay. If I remember well, they pretty much hide it for everyone. Even for the Beetle. 

Btw, talking about details. There is also a Kristofferson build Polo, used by Evjen this year in ERX. It is more similar to the Marklund Polo, but still quite a different aero kit. Also if you see the suspension is quite a different geometry.

image.thumb.png.4a741c8ab08886adde45c71db670be0e.pngimage.thumb.png.251674e19c1601563691a47f418346a6.png

Edited by JorritVD
  • Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 11:01 AM, koog2003 said:

@PJTierney will new rally tracks be released as DLCs in the future ? What about new cars ? Thanks mate 🙂

just to compare, at the end of Season 2, it was relatively obvious that there would be Seasons 3+4:

• there were still 2 DR1 rally locations to add.
  • the Impreza 01 had been confirmed by CM to be coming at some point (and there was a screenshot of it in the game), plus it, the 01 Focus and 2 F2 cars were in Dirt 4.
  • they added about 30 DLC slots in the steam database in July, and there had been enough location slots for 2 more seasons of DLC locations in the steam database since before the game launched.

for season 5+

• there has been unconfirmed news of recordings for 3 cars (Nissan Almera F2, Impreza '97 & Legacy '92) by CM. nobody knows if these are for DR2 or a future game (or just to confuse us). 
  • no info at all about future locations. (RX is doable, but rally locations are very expensive and time consuming to make. that's why we got DR1 locations as DLC. because it's easy to remaster them and this means we are only paying like 4 euro per location, whereas a brand new one could be like 10+ if they wanted to cover their costs).
  • no more things on steamdb that would indicate anything more being added (though I would wait until mid-January to be sure)

therefore... so far there is very, very little to indicate that there will be Seasons 5+. I think it's obvious that all of us want there to be more content added, but I will believe it when I see it. 🙂 

fair points @ianism. But with S1 and S2 it was pretty clear already that S3 and S4 were already planned, already before launch. S5 and S6 were never planned at launch, so therefore was logical to have no slots for that. 

About those slots for s3 and s4, they were added on July 9th to be specific. This was about a month before the announcement, and less than two months before season 3, and about a month before the end of season 2. In case for season 5, that would mean "new" slots would be added in December or maybe even January. 

Also possible indication for news seasons is how the reactions are from key people like PJT or Jon (when i asked him about future season DLC and that he couldn't talk about). 

• Like 1

Does anyone have actually a photo of that engine bay. If I remember well, they pretty much hide it for everyone. Even for the Beetle. 

All of the World teams (and some of the Euro guys) are very keen to keep cameras away from engine bays. I nearly got lynched by some OMSE mechanics a few years ago (in Belgium) taking pictures of the engine bays as one of the team misunderstood what I was asking: I always ask twice now! 

There were some side shots (taken over the wing) of the Polo engine bay published in Race Tech magazine a year or so ago, they are the only shots I have seen of the engine, though you can't see much, mainly intercooler pipework. 

It just bugs me that the real car is transverse and the Polo in game is inline: its a major design element of the PSRXVW Polo, so I'd like to see it in game! 

4 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, if any car should be dominant its the Polo, not the bloody Megane! :classic_dry:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, bogani said:

Yeah, if any car should be dominant its the Polo, not the bloody Megane! :classic_dry:

YES! 110% agree with this! 

Regarding future seasons... I had a dream last night! 😂 and it seemed like a real one because I woke up very happy before I realised that is was just a dream 😂 But in this dream I was somewhere at Codemasters and was checking something on their walls, next to me was Jon talking to someone about new season with new locations one of which was Ireland and new cars (I can’t recall them unfortunately but I think it was Xsara WRC). I also promised to Jon that I won’t tell anyone (sorry for that Jon - hope you’ll forgive me). I just had to let you know guys 😉 so let’s hope that at least there will be Season 5 with something, it does not have to be 100% as it was in my dream 😉 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JorritVD said:

fair points @ianism. But with S1 and S2 it was pretty clear already that S3 and S4 were already planned, already before launch. S5 and S6 were never planned at launch, so therefore was logical to have no slots for that. 

About those slots for s3 and s4, they were added on July 9th to be specific. This was about a month before the announcement, and less than two months before season 3, and about a month before the end of season 2. In case for season 5, that would mean "new" slots would be added in December or maybe even January. 

Also possible indication for news seasons is how the reactions are from key people like PJT or Jon (when i asked him about future season DLC and that he couldn't talk about). 

haha true true. I have hopes, but they're just not that high 😄

and I did say the part about probably needing to wait until January before I'm more sure 😉 

edit: just checked the steam black friday sale. base game and S1/S2 Deluxe Edition are 70% off, with the superdeluxe at 50% off. the Year 1 DLC pass is 25% off, and the S3/S4 pass is... still not on sale. damn. I guess I'll just keep playing CTR and WRC 8 then.

Edited by ianism

Hmm, some interestingly close stuff here....

Oh, and i'm pretty certain the PSRX is genuine PSRX.

Edited by F2CMaDMaXX
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1