Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, warpengage said:

We know he's coming in January. But I would also hope DiRT Rally 2.0 continues to get extended support, kind of like Forza Horizon 4 is getting. The game has huge potential and, even though I don't know how the finances of the company are, to allow this or not, I would love to see more late 90s, 2000s and early 1.6 liter World Rally Cars. I already think you have the a game at a very high level of greatness here, but I'd like to see it attain legend status.

Horizon is a different story I would say. They have its own Game pass so it makes sense to support the game. And Xbox 1 is almost useless without Forza games so it could be another reason. Gran turismo is different but a bit similar. GTS development process must be complete mess and there is no excuses for it. But still for PS4 it's very important game so it makes sense to invest to into it. DR2 has different goals.

I agree it's pretty cool to build something great like DR2 but some polishing would be great and the game won't be forgotten 😄 In current status it's better to wait with new releases because CM sent that message. It could be improved for sure 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember where the poll was but, apparently, the majority of folks wanted DiRT Rally 2.0 seasons to go 'to infinity and beyond', as was put in the poll. Obviously infinity is impossible but I wouldn't mind seeing support until about half-way through next year.

It comes down to how well the DLC is doing. If it's selling well then it may be worth investing in expanding their current product rather than going straight to a new one. Bear in mind that it's amazing how DiRT Rally 2.0 was being rated as 'Mixed' on Steam (and not a high mixed, mind you) and now it's straight up 'Very Positive'. I would say it's getting into the zone :classic_smile:.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging by @PJTierney 's laughing reactions, I'd say it's because he knows our DLC dreams will come crashing down and he can start getting the popcorn ready...

Edited by warpengage
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MattyH1812 said:

Anyone else not having the new liveries show up in game? Lydden is there but no liveries 🤔

Steam PC btw

Same here, first time it happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, toninus said:

Same here, first time it happens.

I have the liveries but no Lydden hill on PS4 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, elsogergo said:

No liveries in xbox store

 

If I’m not wrong the liveries on Xbox are automatically added to the cars? Go on “my games” > “manage game and add on”>“updates”  and maybe the liveries are there (if you have the season pass of course)

 

Edited by AlexSpartan316

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, warpengage said:

Judging by @PJTierney 's laughing reactions, I'd say it's because he knows our DLC dreams will come crashing down and he can start getting the popcorn ready...

Maybe, or maybe I'm just being unpredictable.

I mean if I can't predict what I'm going to do, how are you lot going to? 😉 

 

 

34 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:
40 minutes ago, elsogergo said:

No liveries in xbox store

 

 

If I’m not wrong the liveries on Xbox are automatically added to the cars? Go on “my games” > “manage game and add on”>“updates”  and maybe the liveries are there (if you have the season pass of course)

 

On Xbox you should have a small DLC item in the [Ready to Install] list. The one for the liveries isn't available yet on the platform, but I was informed yesterday that the right people are aware and investigating 🙂 

At least Lydden Hill is out though 🙂 

 

Side-note: No further update on Lydden Hill for PSN EU, will drop word on the official socials when that changes.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tonzboher said:

I have the liveries but no Lydden hill on PS4 

Yeah, I downloaded the liveries last night and kept checking the store in case someone was working late at PSN HQ! :classic_laugh:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

1100 nm of torque in 1 millisecond...Damn

 

I can accept it only if they put loud speakers on the car making the same noise of a proper engine 🙂 Electric cars are cool and surely the future but the sound, the roaring of a powerful engine, is a big part of the whole racing thing. You need to vroooooooom vroooooooom come on !  The noise of an electric engine sounds like a dying cat .. in one word: SAD eheh

Edited by koog2003
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richie said:

Instant 1100Nm of torque is brutal. Jeez

Indeed fantastic but what about the sound man ? 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

Indeed fantastic but what about the sound man ? 😞

I think the sound's not too bad. It just sounds like how you would think an electric car should sound. Not sure what else I should reply :classic_laugh:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, richie said:

I think the sound's not too bad. It just sounds like how you would think an electric car should sound. Not sure what else I should reply

To me it takes away a huge part of the racing at an emotional level. We all grew up with the noise of the engines and we all know automatically without even thinking a second the noise we have just heard must come from a powerful car. It is just my personal humble opinion but a fast and powerful car HAS to make also a powerful noise 🙂

Call me nostalgic, call me old but come on guys VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM 🙂

Apart from this 600 hp and instant 1100Nm is insanely cool .. just add the noise and I am happy !

One more thing about normal electric cars not racing ones. They are extremely dangerous because not making noise pedestrians or bikers cannot hear the noise of the car arriving. 

I have experienced that myself with a freaking hipster and his bs useless electric Pegperego Tesla. I did not hear it coming I almost crashed into it. Electric cars MUST make noise like a normal fossil fuel powered engine otherwise nobody can hear it coming and it is VERY dangerous. 

 
image.png.6d0c58372012e5acdb7d586148525ce7.png

Edited by koog2003
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even more dangerous in rally because of spectators or animals could cross the road at high speed.
But not sure if the sound should be similar to the thermic cars. I think we could get used to a change...

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richie said:

Instant 1100Nm of torque is brutal. Jeez

All very well but that's gonna be uniform across all cars, and because it's instant the racing will be so boring to watch.

Andrew Coley be like: "He's made a mistake! Maybe 2nd place can mount an atta- oh nevermind, 1st place is already back up to speed again"

Can't wait :classic_rolleyes:

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, toninus said:

I think we could get used to a change...

Totally agree with using electric engine and reduce pollution as much as we can. I am 100% in. Just add the sound and that is it 🙂

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

All very well but that's gonna be uniform across all cars, and because it's instant the racing will be so boring to watch.

Andrew Coley be like: "He's made a mistake! Maybe 2nd place can mount an atta- oh nevermind, 1st place is already back up to speed again"

Can't wait :classic_rolleyes:

I think we'll have to wait and see. After watching some of the Formula E races I can confirm, there was a lot more racing action and overtaking than in F1, it was so much more entertaining. I think people should give Project E a chance before rejecting the whole idea in my view. There will be prominent names driving these cars, just like in FE, so I don't think it's going to be boring. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, koog2003 said:

To me it takes away a huge part of the racing at an emotional level. We all grew up with the noise of the engines and we all know automatically without even thinking a second the noise we have just heard must come from a powerful car. It is just my personal humble opinion but a fast and powerful car HAS to make also a powerful noise 🙂

Call me nostalgic, call me old but come on guys VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM 🙂

Apart from this 600 hp and instant 1100Nm is insanely cool .. just add the noise and I am happy !

One more thing about normal electric cars not racing ones. They are extremely dangerous because not making noise pedestrians or bikers cannot hear the noise of the car arriving. 

I have experienced that myself with a freaking hipster and his bs useless electric Pegperego Tesla. I did not hear it coming I almost crashed into it. Electric cars MUST make noise like a normal fossil fuel powered engine otherwise nobody can hear it coming and it is VERY dangerous. 

 
image.png.6d0c58372012e5acdb7d586148525ce7.png

I recently visited Norway and let me tell you, electric vehicles make the same noise as any other car as soon as they are driving 50 kph and above. There the noise is all coming from the tires. Noticed many Teslas in Oslo and Bergen and when they passed it was just as loud as the others. Only time EV's seem to be truly silent is at walking pace or on turtle paced tiny roads.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, koog2003 said:

I can accept it only if they put loud speakers on the car making the same noise of a proper engine 🙂 Electric cars are cool and surely the future but the sound, the roaring of a powerful engine, is a big part of the whole racing thing. You need to vroooooooom vroooooooom come on !  The noise of an electric engine sounds like a dying cat .. in one word: SAD eheh

Nah, it's more like ...saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad *brake* saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

 

1 hour ago, toninus said:

Even more dangerous in rally because of spectators or animals could cross the road at high speed.
But not sure if the sound should be similar to the thermic cars. I think we could get used to a change...

I could be wrong, but it seems like there should still be a fair amount of dirt and road noise. I mean, riding a bike with knobbly tires on a smooth surface is pretty loud.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can already imagine some of us in the future “ehhhhhh...I miss those sick and loud cars...” 

and some random annoying kids : “ shut up old man...always talking about these slow and old cars lololol...”

”get out of my lawn you little punks!!! *doublebarrel shotgun fire sound*

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the warning for the driver or for the pedestrian it is not very clear (I did not want to bother watching it all) 😄

Edited by koog2003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×