DiRTy Gossip

1 hour ago, SkyRex said:

car as soon as they are driving 50 kph and above.

I dont know in Norway man but in Holland they dont make enough noise. You cannot hear them especially with an Amsterdam city background white noise constantly over 60 db when you are on the road. This not to mention the noise produced by the other real cars on the road covering the Tesla's dying cat sad sound entirely. 

Edited by koog2003
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Nah, it's more like ...saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad *brake* saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

ahahahahahahaha

BTW Tesla is an hyper expensive crappy car with millions of problems. You need really to have money (a lot of) to trash if you buy one of those. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/24/tesla-reliability-slips-to-third-worst-in-us-consumer-reports-says.html

H/O: Brand Winners and Losers

Edited by koog2003

2 hours ago, koog2003 said:

ahahahahahahaha

BTW Tesla is an hyper expensive crappy car with millions of problems. You need really to have money (a lot of) to trash if you buy one of those. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/24/tesla-reliability-slips-to-third-worst-in-us-consumer-reports-says.html

H/O: Brand Winners and Losers

Hmm, a picture in which Volvo is the most unreliable car? Now I don't believe you anymore. My Volvo's run 500.000 kn's without major trouble...

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, koog2003 said:

Indeed fantastic but what about the sound man ? 😞

Go watch Formula E, it’s fun and in real life those things are louder than you think. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Janneman60 said:

Hmm, a picture in which Volvo is the most unreliable car? Now I don't believe you anymore. My Volvo's run 500.000 kn's without major trouble...

I am not the journalist of CNBC that wrote the article 🙂 I have just found it. I actually used to have, quite a bit ago, a volvo 480 es turbo when I was 18.  The mechanic part was good and it was nice to drive. The electronics and electric part a nightmare. That car failed everything. Sometimes the lights were not turning on. Sometimes the lights would not come up at all. Sometimes it was draining the whole battery overnight for a false contact. I had a lot of problems with that car. 

Edited by koog2003

15 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

i havent seen this video posted here yet but its possible that i missed it

Next up: Max McRae, Collin's 15 year old nephew.

Holy hell that kid is living the dream. Rallying at 15 years old in that car?!? That is like the ultimate daydream for 15 year old me back in the day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Go watch Formula E, it’s fun and in real life those things are louder than you think. 

True, but it's a bloody awful headache inducing whine. I'm thinking they'll start linking the sound to dead animals and constant migraines in people.

And I'm only slightly joking.

35 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Holy hell that kid is living the dream. Rallying at 15 years old in that car?!? That is like the ultimate daydream for 15 year old me back in the day.

Please, like it isn't now.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 5

48 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

That is the ultimate daydream for adult me! 

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, PJTierney said:

On Xbox you should have a small DLC item in the [Ready to Install] list. The one for the liveries isn't available yet on the platform, but I was informed yesterday that the right people are aware and investigating 🙂 

@elsogergo

Edited by AlexSpartan316
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, elsogergo said:

No livery pack in XBOx Store! 

We're aware of this. A slight hiccup occured with the release process which has slowed it down a bit, but it'll be up as soon as possible.

• Haha 4

On 12/3/2019 at 2:34 PM, Johnnnn said:

LOL, I just tried DR2 again because of Lydden Hill. The track is OK. Then I tried some rally stuff. OMG, I can't drive at all 😄 It's funny how 10 days off make that big difference. I am not probably able to return back 😄 Strange...

as someone who hasn't played much since the end of S2... this is very true. I am significantly worse than before 😞

• Agree 1

Custom:

* Added pre-race countdown timer setting for hosts to configure in Multiplayer Lobbies.

^ what is this @PJTierney?

do we finally have a way to avoid the 30 seconds of waiting between each stage??  This would be HUGE in MP lobbies. We already have enough down time between races that people can quit, check if other lobbies are up that are better, and join back before the next stage even begins to load.

Edited by Mike Dee

On 12/4/2019 at 10:02 AM, PJTierney said:

Maybe, or maybe I'm just being unpredictable.

I mean if I can't predict what I'm going to do, how are you lot going to? 😉 

On Xbox you should have a small DLC item in the [Ready to Install] list. The one for the liveries isn't available yet on the platform, but I was informed yesterday that the right people are aware and investigating 🙂 

At least Lydden Hill is out though 🙂 

Side-note: No further update on Lydden Hill for PSN EU, will drop word on the official socials when that changes.

No offense @PJTierney, you're a very good social media manager, but I'm more interested in knowing what the guys who give the money for licensing will or will NOT do.😅

That being said, I hope you already know an entire new DLC season is coming and you're just happily messing with us...

On 12/4/2019 at 4:02 PM, richie said:

I think the sound's not too bad. It just sounds like how you would think an electric car should sound. Not sure what else I should reply :classic_laugh:

The new Porsche Taycan has an 'Electric Sport Sound' and it actually sounds like something. I don't know exactly what, but it's actually nice. Not as much as a 911 but it's the best an electric car has ever sounded in my opinion 

Wow, fixed Monte carlo 😮 Sounds amazing. It was a problem for me because I don't like invisible objects in the road 😄

53 minutes ago, carpa said:

The new Porsche Taycan has an 'Electric Sport Sound' and it actually sounds like something. I don't know exactly what, but it's actually nice. Not as much as a 911 but it's the best an electric car has ever sounded in my opinion 

Yeah, that Star-Trek-esque sound is cool but it's fake. It is somehow connected to the accelerator input but still fake. You can also just turn the sound system on and listen to some recorded engine noise from a pitlane somewhere. It'd basically be the same. 

Same with programmed software to have those extra exhaust pops, bangs and crackles. I don't get the point of having something fake just for the sake of having it. Pointless. 

Edited by richie
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Patch notes for v1.11 can be found here:

Patch 1.12 end of January, interesting 

well, that IS next year .. Maybe 

Edited by gfRally
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Achievements:

New Achievement: Rainmeister - Take victory in Hell, Norway, in the rain.

Pffft, please, give me something harder...

New Achievement: The Cartel -Win an event at 8 unique Rallycross locations using Bakkerud's or Doran's Audi S1 EKS RX quattro.

...brilliant, was going to do all the events anyway in order to get to grips with the 2019 S1...

New Achievement: Launch Event - Complete a lap in under 39 seconds at the Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, in a 2019 RX Supercar.

...could take a few attempts, but I'm not that far off this already and the 2019 cars should be quicker...

Sunday Driver - Win a World Rallycross Championship Final with AI set to 100, in cockpit view, with assists disabled. 

...****. You evil ********. 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Sunday Driver - Win a World Rallycross Championship Final with AI set to 100, in cockpit view, with assists disabled. 

Sunday Driver - Win a World Rallycross Championship Final with AI set to 100, in cockpit view, with assists disabled, while using a keyboard, with accelerate on the Esc key, your game language set to Japanese, after jumping the start, and taking three Joker laps, on a Sunday afternoon.

• Haha 5

good to see that you fixed the comfort rating in vr it was totally game breaking.. or not. At least it makes it look like you gave a **** about the vr crowd in this patch. Twelve "fixes", YEAH!

Edited by somethingthing
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

The last one by the way, must be done in World RX mode.

Damn. You really turned that last one up to 11, didn't you? 

• Agree 2