DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

1 hour ago, somethingthing said:

good to see that you fixed the comfort rating in vr it was totally game breaking.. or not. At least it makes it look like you gave a **** about the vr crowd in this patch. Twelve "fixes", YEAH!

What does the comfort rating do?

2 minutes ago, Pfei said:

Its the rating that tells how "used" to vr its recommended to be in the specific country. The icon is green, orange and red i believe. All we got this time around was a small UI change.

Edited by somethingthing
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

Its the rating that tells how "used" to vr its recommended to be in the specific country. The icon is green, orange and red i believe. All we got this time around was a small UI change.

I still don't get it 😖

9 minutes ago, Pfei said:

7 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

It basically says “susceptible to motion sickness? Argentina will kill you unless you soften the springs” 😉 

But yeah, it’s a rating system for how queasy some stages might make you.

https://support.oculus.com/comfort/

Comfortable experiences are appropriate for most people, although this rating doesn't mean that an experience is going to be comfortable for everyone. These experiences generally avoid camera movement, player motion or disorientating content and effects. 

Moderate experiences are appropriate for many but certainly not everyone. These experiences might incorporate some camera movement, player motion or occasionally disorientating content and effects. 

Intense experiences aren't appropriate for most people, especially those who are new to VR. These experiences incorporate significant camera movement, player motion or disorientating content and effects.

Unrated experiences may contain intense content, which may not be right for most people, especially those who are new to VR. If you experience motion sickness or other VR effects from an unrated experience, you should select another unrated experience, or try an experience in the Oculus Store that's rated for your comfort level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Pfei said:

I still don't get it 😖

If you play in VR you have probably seen the screen when u first start up the game, it tells you about the rating.

Otherwise this is how it looks

gw9m4n9bj89e.jpg

• Thanks 1

• New Achievement: Rainmeister - Take victory in Hell, Norway, in the rain.
  • New Achievement: Launch Event - Complete a lap in under 39 seconds at the Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, in a 2019 RX Supercar.
  • New Achievement: The Cartel -Win an event at 8 unique Rallycross locations using Bakkerud's or Doran's Audi S1 EKS RX quattro.
  • New Achievement: Sunday Driver - Win a World Rallycross Championship Final with AI set to 100, in cockpit view, with assists disabled. - Further clarification needed.

hmm, why Hell? it's been in the game since launch... I feel like it should be at Lydden or Killarney...

that Launch Event and Sunday Driver one are some of the toughest in the game yet! o.O

17 minutes ago, ianism said:
  • New Achievement: Rainmeister - Take victory in Hell, Norway, in the rain.

hmm, why Hell? it's been in the game since launch... I feel like it should be at Lydden or Killarney...

I think because of the heavy wet finales at Hell in the 2019 World RX season. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ianism said:

that Launch Event and Sunday Driver one are some of the toughest in the game yet! o.O

Launch Event was originally a 38 second laptime.

That’s near World Record pace 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Launch Event was originally a 38 second laptime.

That’s near World Record pace 😉 

*****!

2 hours ago, elsogergo said:

I don't want to disturb the "developers", but when will release the new livery pack onXBOX?

1 hour ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Goddamn...some people are ******** or what...jeez 🤦🏻‍♂️

10 minutes ago, elsogergo said:

I agree, some people are ********

Wrong topics mates. Post it here:

There is no doubt DR2 is the best racing game out there. 
What's "Crash Team Racing" btw ? Never heard of it. LOL I see it is Crash Bandicoot .. it is not a racing game .. what the ? 

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 3.24.15 PM.png

Edited by koog2003

current standings: [edit, koog posted the picture before me haha]

10 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

There is no doubt DR2 is the best racing game out there. 
What's "Crash Team Racing" btw ? Never heard of it. LOL I see it is Crash Bandicoot .. it is not a racing game .. what the ? 

CTR is a kart racing game set in the Crash universe. it's a remaster of the PS1 game, but with all the tracks and cars from the PS2 follow-up called Crash Nitro Kart (which not many people have heard about or played. it's not great. but the tracks from it are excellent) 

CTR is very, very good for what it is. it's easy to pick up, but incredibly hard to master. plus they're gradually adding every character from the franchise, as well as new tracks and game modes every month, all for free. it's made just 2 hour drive from where I live.

it came out 6 months ago but thanks to the constant updates it's still got a player base of 500K+ on PS4, with about half that on the Xbox and Switch combined.

here's a trailer: 

DR2 is still better though.

festive challenge question: since when can they force a specific vehicle in community/AI challenges (as the game is doing for the current one)? do you need to own the Megane to be able to participate, or can you get a loaner one for free/cheap? I own one and I have like 350km on it as well as all the upgrades so I'm not really willing to sell it to find out.

20191206090622_1.thumb.jpg.1980b4f6ec3deee1c4727be2fd8bcf60.jpg

image.png

Edited by ianism
  • Like 1

@ianism thanks for that I consider Crash Bandicoot for my kid 9 years old. She might love it. At 44 years old I look for something a lot more solid and realistic like DR2 frankly ehehe 😛

I have a question regarding the cars you have in the garage. Because I have the suppah duppah deluxe double backflip version I have a lot of cars in my garage already which I did not buy. I know that if you sell one of those cars you get 0 CR. I understand you did not earn it but if you get 0 why allow players to sell those cars ? They should be locked so a user can know upfront which cars he/she earned and which ones he/she got because of the super deluxe version. 
I made the mistake once thinking I would get CR selling one of the cars got from the deluxe version and I lost it entirely 😞

Would it make sense to you to have those bonus cars locked in a way in which nobody can sell them for 0 by mistake @PJTierney ?

Edited by koog2003

If I was to say what this means I'd say:

The title is clearly gold, so maybe they'll release a "gold" or "GOTY" edition with all DLCs already in. Which would me meh for me. 

OR, we could look at the fact it's a gold/yellow logo on a blue background and wonder where in rallying have we already seen that color palette... 

2002_Subaru_ImprezaWRC12.jpg

• Agree 1

Subaru dlc👀or McRae pack maybe ,does sound like the legacy 

Edited by Chewy21398
  • Like 2

It could be a definition of a couple of things. One more thing which is a possibility the new R4 class (where a lot of new cars run with an Impreza engine), but I dont think so. It seems a Subaru (boxer-engined) with a pattern gearshift (and not a sequantial gearbox).

How i see PJT wrote the last sentences:

Thank you all for being a part of the DiRT world, whether you’re playing the game, hanging out on the forums, sharing videos or working hard on creating and promoting this great experience. Together you all help make this the greatest off-roading game ever made… 

… and we’re not done:

It seems content, so i am happy about that 🙂

Also thee title of the image says TEASER.
http://blog.codemasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/DR2_2020_Teaser1_Banner.jpg
Would they ever tease a Gold of GOTY edition with a teaser? Or did anyone did ever?

One more thing... it mentions Spring 2020...
image.png.80038b45662fca3107feda6d14e711ba.png
But does it mean the next content will come in Spring 2020, or this car in the video comes in Spring 2020?

Why this point, well.... Year one DLC ends at the end of January... and spring starts at the end of March, meaning that there is almost a gap of 2 months. But also spring ends in June, so the gap could even be bigger.