DiRTy Gossip

dwkGravey said:
BrySkye said:
Benniz said:
Subaru Impreza, the same as in DiRT3. Other than that nothing new.
Well that cats out of the bag. Shame its happened in such a mundane way, but I guess its how Codies wanted it to happen.

Can assure you it's not the same as the one in DiRT 3 though. Far more relevant.
I always welcome more Subaru but if this is the third rallycross car, then shame it's not the Audi (I really like the EKS livery). Is it a GRC Impreza then?
The Sverre Isachsen GR chassis Impreza rallycross car was/is legal for use in World Rallycross: the car was used in the World Rallycross round in Canada last year.

As far as I'm aware the Bucky Lasek GR chassis Impreza rallycross car was not suitable for World Rallycross use.

BrySkye said:
It was stated ages ago there will be no staggered starts or active AI on the rally stages, so such a thing being implemented purely for mutiplayer is incredibly dubious.
I see, I didn't get that memo.

Well conjecture on *whatever* new game mechanic they would use actual zero cars for is vastly more interesting to me then teasing a couple new cars, so this is the part where I take my disappointment and wait quietly and patiently for Makinen's EVO. :smile: 

Evilsmurf said:

https://twitter.com/jontucker1/status/635138863070093313

Gossip?

I'd wager about v2 models of the current Rally cars, as mentioned in the roadbook.
The Impreza is also getting a v2 sound update, which would be big to Jon, though you'd expect @soundfx to be involved in that chain.
Or a v2 handling update taking in the lessons from Pikes Peak and Germany into the existing cars.

BrySkye said:
Evilsmurf said:

Gossip?

I'd wager about v2 models of the current Rally cars, as mentioned in the roadbook.
The Impreza is also getting a v2 sound update, which would be big to Jon, though you'd expect @soundfx to be involved in that chain.
Or a v2 handling update taking in the lessons from Pikes Peak and Germany into the existing cars.

It's not the sound he's happy with as I'm still working on it. ;)

soundfx said:
BrySkye said:
Evilsmurf said:

Gossip?

Yeah, didn't think it would be that for the reason listed. Still, good that you've finally managed to get access to those raw recordings after the scare before!

While I think everybody allready knew. It's pretty much confirmed now that we'll get the pvp pack today.

https://www.dirtgame.com/timeline

While I think everybody allready knew. It's pretty much confirmed now that we'll get the pvp pack today.

Nothing planned for today on the timeline, looks like mid week for pvp.

Oh right, didn't notice that. I just assumed that the two packs would come at the same time. At least we'll get the expansion today

Oh right, didn't notice that. I just assumed that the two packs would come at the same time. At least we'll get the expansion today

I think they will come out together. Maybe it's just a mistake in the timeline - it's the first time the devs have added a date ahead of release.

If there's a tweet today announcing a DiRT Show today then we'll know for sure :)

Nothing planned for today on the timeline, looks like mid week for pvp.
It still shows August 24 for the Rallycross expansion. I think PVP also had 24th of august written there, but looks like they removed it

First you promised to release PVP on 24th of August, it means today. Now you have changed it. People are not blind.

Rallycross Expansion also changed to "scheduled date August 2015". Nothing today it seems :\

Chillax about the release dates folks. They probably found more bugs that must be fixed before releasing the patch. It's better with a late, bug-free release than a quick release that has a lot of bugs in it.

I'm not just saying this by the way, I did find some bugs myself and reported them. :P

soundfx said:
BrySkye said:
Evilsmurf said:

Gossip?

Good news, I hope he's referring to the V2 physics update for all rally cars.  Can't wait for that, keeping fingers crossed we'll get it with the PVP update but it's probably coming with Finland if we're being realistic.  Either way, it's good to know the simulation team is still hard at work on the physics!  It's already a great start but does feel like it needs some tweaking to grip/tire feel, if they nail that and continue to develop/release content like cars and stages we will have the most epic rally sim ever on our hands.

I have a soft spot in my heart for RBR as I played it competitively for nearly a decade, but it's time to move on.  Dirt Rally is the future!

siimuga said:
First you promised to release PVP on 24th of August, it means today. Now you have changed it. People are not blind.
My guess is it'll be released when they decide to release it, probably around the time it's ready...also I don't think the target audience for this game is specifically the blind.