DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

9 hours ago, warpengage said:

Yeah but limiting it to McRae only is well... limited. New rally content in general is welcome. Besides, the McRae family name is no longer a part of the series (I believe on their request actually), so it's a more general rally game.

Paul spoke about that years ago: I think it was a mutual thing as it seemed inappropriate to attach his name to something he had no involvement in*.

(* if I am remembering that right) 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

May i Ask @PJTierney will we have some info of that "spring 2020" expansion, before season 4 ends? 

and second, is there chance for real livery DLC pack just for DLC Cars, for example Focus's, Opel Manta etc..

F232DFF6A2497D10925A64B6237A5A8609F73F5E

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, ianism said:

it's a subaru thing. there's already the superdeluxe edition with all the DLCs. also, if it was a re-release of the superdeluxe (again, it came out so recently it's pointless) they'd put it out before christmas, because obviously.

edit: update on th IGN voting... wow lol

image.png.35b83643a3512a696b53cf64f284a45c.png

I wonder how many of those voters are picking Crash because it's a Crash game rather than because it's a great racer.

5 hours ago, dani211212 said:

May i Ask @PJTierney will we have some info of that "spring 2020" expansion, before season 4 ends?

You may ask but I may not answer 😉 

Speculation is fun, and when the time comes we will reveal more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, warpengage said:

I wonder how many of those voters are picking Crash because it's a Crash game rather than because it's a great racer.

nah, the fanbase for the kart game itself is pretty huge - they remade a game from 1999, right? - the game currently has 700k active players with an internet connection on PS4 alone and this is all over their reddit so they are ballot stuffing.

it's very good, plus you can play 4-player split screen.

I think the NFS fans just haven't noticed there's a poll yet

it's really weird that they added WRC 8 after the poll already started. there's still not even a description of the game on the page! I guess it's a write-in?

Edited by ianism

Yeah, I will be really happy to see some Dodge cars in R-GT section. Especially, since my favorite Challenger already has suitable model and licencing from GRID series.

Also everybody like to see the return of a Hill Climb returns. Not certainly Pikes Peak, but maybe at least Mount Washington. And my other favorite Subaru has a suitable car for it.

I am really eager to compare both of my dream cars at least in the game.

Codies, please give me such opportunity! 🙏

Edited by Tigron
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Just got back from Lydden and found this on my doorstep. Yes! 

FB_IMG_1575741700525.jpg

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Tigron said:

Yeah, I will be really happy to see some Dodge cars in R-GT section. Especially, since my favorite Challenger already has suitable model and licencing from GRID series.

Also everybody like to see the return of a Hill Climb returns. Not certainly Pikes Peak, but maybe at least Mount Washington. And my other favorite Subaru has a suitable car for it.

I am really eager to compare both of my dream cars at least in the game.

Codies, please give me such opportunity! 🙏

Not everybody 😛

A big NO to adding an entirely separate discipline with a tiny bit of content. Far better to add to rally and RX instead.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

8 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Oh look, they made Forza Horizon 3 into a real thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Just got back from Lydden and found this on my doorstep. Yes! 

FB_IMG_1575741700525.jpg

"When rallying created road cars icons" 

Never were truer words spoken about that era of the Rally Championship.

Edited by carpa
  • Agree 1

It's kinda stupid to spent your bucks on a expensive monitor and frame if you have VR. I use an old 22".

The rest is about the same here 😎

Edited by Janneman60

5 hours ago, koog2003 said:

My god it is beautiful ... what a dream it would be 
image.png.fbb7c087b101e66bbf692362dad41db7.png

It looks like it will be a lot of movement in the thingy you attach the wheelbase.

I am wondering if there will be New Seasons or just Colins DLC, anyway ,the Colin's Legacy and SUBARU 22b (s4 or s5 for @tbtstt ) in what Class should they be? Legacy in Group A, but What about S4(s5)? its not Group A, and will miss really real competitor in Up to 2000ccm class? maybe there is Chance for Seat Cordoba, i remember Paul said back in the day, He knows how much the Car is wanted, when they where in Barcelona for Dirt 4 promotion..

Edit: forgot about old nemesis Evo 6 

Edited by dani211212
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Ideally - and as has been discussed before - the 2000cc class needs splitting, with the early 2000's WRCars (and the Evo 6), bunched together, but I personally think that is unlikely to happen at this point in the games life, as it would require leaderboards to be reset. 

If the S4/S5 comes then I'd expect to find it in the 2000cc class. If they have modelled it realistically then I am expecting it to be much like the Mk.1 Focus WRC: brilliant fun to drive, but not the car of choice for setting fastest stage times. 

• Agree 2

Anyone else that didnt get any credits for the dailys today? I mean the ones completed yesterday

got it now

Edited by somethingthing

1 hour ago, somethingthing said:

It looks like it will be a lot of movement in the thingy you attach the wheelbase.

I really dont think so dude 🙂 The cheapest costs 8k pounds and it goes up to 45k pounds. It is all high quality steel. I guess even if you jump on the attachment that holds the wheel it won't even shake. It is used also by real racing teams for training. I think the whole sim rig is easily over 200 kg. 

"Industrial strength chassis" they say

https://www.vesaro.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=673&idcategory=6

Edited by koog2003

35 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Ideally - and as has been discussed before - the 2000cc class needs splitting, with the early 2000's WRCars (and the Evo 6), bunched together, but I personally think that is unlikely to happen at this point in the games life, as it would require leaderboards to be reset. 

If the S4/S5 comes then I'd expect to find it in the 2000cc class. If they have modelled it realistically then I am expecting it to be much like the Mk.1 Focus WRC: brilliant fun to drive, but not the car of choice for setting fastest stage times. 

Which is exactly why I always used the Ford Focus 2001 in DR1: I may as well be 40 seconds off the pace, but who cares when I get to the end of the stage with a stupidly big grin on my face? 

• Like 2