DiRTy Gossip

I think we have quite an impressive 2000cc class roster. I personally do prefer it over R5s. If only the C4 wasn't that dominant. 

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, carpa said:

Which is exactly why I always used the Ford Focus 2001 in DR1: I may as well be 40 seconds off the pace, but who cares when I get to the end of the stage with a stupidly big grin on my face? 

Exactly! Its easily my favourite car to drive in the class, I hope any early Impreza WRCars will be as much fun! 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, richie said:

I think we have quite an impressive 2000cc class roster. I personally do prefer it over R5s. If only the C4 wasn't that dominant. 

Most of my playing time is split between Group A, R5 and 2000cc. I am sure the C4 is very fast, but its definitely my least used car in the class. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, koog2003 said:

I really dont think so dude 🙂 The cheapest costs 8k pounds and it goes up to 45k pounds. It is all high quality steel. I guess even if you jump on the attachment that holds the wheel it won't even shake. It is used also by real racing teams for training. I think the whole sim rig is easily over 200 kg. 

"Industrial strength chassis" they say

https://www.vesaro.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=673&idcategory=6

Yeah but is that good? My playseat (UGX) has some flex and by that I feel the FFB in my but which makes the experience better.

I am R5 class fanboy 🤘🏻 so I still hope for Fiesta R5 MKII and Hyundai i20 R5 😁 but 22B will be MEGA 😍 definitely will be fantastic any new car or rally location!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, koog2003 said:

My god it is beautiful ... what a dream it would be 
image.png.fbb7c087b101e66bbf692362dad41db7.png

If you've got the space for it, a ship at £100k!!!

Vesaro-Formula-V100-Stage-3-Detail.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If we’re having a McRae based DLC it’d be nice if the Vauxhall Nova from his early career was included to bolster the H2 FWD class

• Agree 4

official dirt: 53 multi and 29th on pc so far with 53.04.

expert dirt: 18th multi and 12th on pc with 53.07

pretty interesting that the time is about the same with gr.b and r5.

Edited by somethingthing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Sweden’s harder than I remember...

I'm trying to hunt you down, but my lack of stage knowledge (and confidence) meaning i'm currently behind you in the standings.

Monte Carlo finished 116th. And Sweden i have no idea. Also out the top 100 i think. I posted screenshots from both events:
Monte Carlo: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/38646-dirt-rally-20-share-your-screenshots/?do=findComment&comment=483308
Sweden: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/38646-dirt-rally-20-share-your-screenshots/?do=findComment&comment=483309

My targets are to finish in the top 100, compete at all events and not have a retirement. 

image.jpeg.e95e6d948f0edefa4013c7efa49aa47a.jpeg image.jpeg.fd3a37497b02033632c3cfc079c1aec0.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Sweden’s harder than I remember...

It is the one in which I perform better. I love it that is why I broke so much the balls to have those DLC @PJTierney for ages 🙂

6 hours ago, koog2003 said:

I really dont think so dude 🙂 The cheapest costs 8k pounds and it goes up to 45k pounds. It is all high quality steel. I guess even if you jump on the attachment that holds the wheel it won't even shake. It is used also by real racing teams for training. I think the whole sim rig is easily over 200 kg. 

"Industrial strength chassis" they say

"Industrial strength" means jack all.

4 hours ago, cafe5150 said:

If you've got the space for it, a ship at £100k!!!

Vesaro-Formula-V100-Stage-3-Detail.jpg

I'd like to know what tvs those are with edges that thin.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, JanBradáč said:

I am R5 class fanboy 🤘🏻 so I still hope for Fiesta R5 MKII and Hyundai i20 R5 😁 but 22B will be MEGA 😍 definitely will be fantastic any new car or rally location!

What is this 22... B... you talk about? *nervous twitch*

@tbtstt, do you know what he is referring to? 

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant
  • Haha 4

Maybe he mean S6 (gc8)..?

anyway I really miss Hyundai r5 in Dirt...it was a great car and the wrx version it’s beautiful.

Edited by AlexSpartan316
Wrote s5 instead of s6

27 minutes ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

I think @tbtstt needs a bot setting up that whenever somebody says 22B he auto-posts "Well actually, the SUBARU 22B was the road car, you're referring to.... [wall of text]"

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Although fun to poke a stick at him, @tbtstt is a asset to the community with his knowledge of such things.  Although *I* cannot always remember the exact name of the 97 Subaru WRC car, I do know its not the 22B.  Always new people show up here that might need educated, they can only walk away smarter.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3

@tbtstt is quiet right,The Subaru Impreza WRC car prior to the 2000 season were known simply as 97 WRC, 98 WRC & 99 WRC, the revised 2000 car, which appeared in Portugal 00, was originally known as the P2000 WRC but then the name was changed to the S6 WRC and in turn all the WRC cars after that had the ‘S’ in its name. The 22B was a road car was built to look like the 97-98 WRC cars, it was a marketing tool by Subaru to sell a car that looked like the rally car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tonzboher said:

it was a marketing tool by Subaru to sell a car that looked like the rally car.

Still the 22B had 280hp and with a little tuning of the gearbox it could make 0-60mph in a little more than 5 seconds. Sure it is not like the rally one but to be a commercial car it is not bad imho 🙂

Edited by koog2003
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, tonzboher said:

@tbtstt is quiet right,The Subaru Impreza WRC car prior to the 2000 season were known simply as 97 WRC, 98 WRC & 99 WRC, the revised 2000 car, which appeared in Portugal 00, was originally known as the P2000 WRC but then the name was changed to the S6 WRC and in turn all the WRC cars after that had the ‘S’ in its name. The 22B was a road car was built to look like the 97-98 WRC cars, it was a marketing tool by Subaru to sell a car that looked like the rally car.

1998 was the first time I saw Prodrive use the "S" nomenclature (on the S5) @tonzboher. It was actually being discussed on the Discord yesterday as I have always seen the 1997 car referred to as the S4, but I notice that a few places have now begun to refer to the very early cars as S3: I am not sure where this has come from, as that is not mentioned in any of the part lists I have. 

4 hours ago, gfRally said:

Although fun to poke a stick at him, @tbtstt is a asset to the community with his knowledge of such things.  Although *I* cannot always remember the exact name of the 97 Subaru WRC car, I do know its not the 22B.  Always new people show up here that might need educated, they can only walk away smarter.

Every day is a learning day here! 

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I think @tbtstt needs a bot setting up that whenever somebody says 22B he auto-posts "Well actually, the SUBARU 22B was the road car, you're referring to.... [wall of text]"

To be fair someone normally directs most 22B comments to my thread on the subject: a bot would save everyone the time though! 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

Still the 22B had 280hp and with a little tuning of the gearbox it could make 0-60mph in a little more than 5 seconds. Sure it is not like the rally one but to be a commercial car it is not bad imho 🙂

0-60 in a standard 22B was sub-5 seconds if I recall correctly. Truth be told it isn't the best drivers car that Subaru put out (many reckoned that the S201 actually handled better), but its definitely the best looking!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

The funny thing is that's about as far as I get before I lose interest.

• Haha 1