Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

48 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

Good luck! I got it yesterday after far too much trying, couldn't get it with the Audi unfortunately so had to use the Pug 😞

Few hints: if it's a good lap obviously go flat out over the finish, you don't wanna be braking and miss it by a tenth! Also if you're getting frustrated you can be a bit, erm, "flexible" with track limits... your time won't save on the leaderboard but you will get the cheevo 🙂

With the 2018 Audi i managed quite easily under the 39 (and stay within track limits). Maybe I will try with the new STARD Fiesta for this trophy 🙂
- When start a timed lap, use the joker lane. It is than easier to brake for the first turn and faster as well.
- Sacrifice the exit of turn 1 for the exit of turn 2.
- Don't send it to much for turn 3 (the hairpin). Keep it tidy for to get a strong exit.
- Than the double chicane. Sacrifice turn 4,5,6 for the exit of T7. A lot of people go much to fast into Turn 4. That will hurt you for the following turns. 
- Turn 8 is the uphil left corner. That is flat out ofcourse.
- Turn 9 is the hairpin. Sacrifice the exit of turn 9 to go flat our through turn 10.
- That it is flat out over the jump and over the finish line to go "easily" without set-up work under the 39 seconds barrier. 

Edited by JorritVD
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

Good luck! I got it yesterday after far too much trying, couldn't get it with the Audi unfortunately so had to use the Pug 😞

Few hints: if it's a good lap obviously go flat out over the finish, you don't wanna be braking and miss it by a tenth! Also if you're getting frustrated you can be a bit, erm, "flexible" with track limits... your time won't save on the leaderboard but you will get the cheevo 🙂

Ah, so it still unlocks if you take a shortcut? I may have to utilise that before it gets patched out...

...I haven't raced that much at Abu Dhabi as I am not a huge fan of the circuit. From what I remember though my fastest laps have been from the joker exit and, like you say, going flat out over the line.

52 minutes ago, MattyH1812 said:

Few hints: if it's a good lap obviously go flat out over the finish, you don't wanna be braking and miss it by a tenth!

I found braking for the chicane was 6 tenths, so once you think you're under 39 seconds just yeet it 😄 

image.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, ianism said:

I'm not sure I agree. the biggest differences between the best and worst in each class are only a couple of seconds on most stages. people just pick the faster car because they think it'll make a difference, but someone like me (usually mid-tier 2) is still going to get destroyed by a top player in the worst car in the class.

since you only get one shot at it, one big mistake on a stage will more than offset the time you would lose over a whole event of 7-10 stages.

agreed. the festive challenges do this on occasion at least. there was one earlier where you had to take the Megane RX, and the current one in Wales only allows the Mini (not particularly interesting choices though, I know),

not really true. some cars can be upto ten seconds faster. 2 is probably the low side.  also it means that you can drive badly in the fastest car in the group and still be faster than absolutely nailing the slower cars in the group. we shown this recently with the DS21 community fun event. mini and alfa were upto 10 secs quicker on the stage than the DS21. there are cars in literally every class like this. yet some are just really fun to drive but cant compete.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

not really true. some cars can be upto ten seconds faster. 2 is probably the low side.  also it means that you can drive badly in the fastest car in the group and still be faster than absolutely nailing the slower cars in the group. we shown this recently with the DS21 community fun event. mini and alfa were upto 10 secs quicker on the stage than the DS21. there are cars in literally every class like this. yet some are just really fun to drive but cant compete.

Yeah, while I love to be "that guy" online in daily events or MP sessions who picks the bad car and still holds top times, I go into every one of those knowing if any of the other fast drivers show up in the better car I'll be lucky to keep it within 5 seconds for a Sprint. That DS21 event was fun, you all pushed the limits of that car to the extreme but the second one of you switched the to other cars all of you were chopping HUGE chunks of time off the WRs.

With the more modern cars the gap tends to get smaller thankfully, but I'd say basically anything Group A or older has clear winners in every class. Some are better than others with at least 1 clear winner but 2-3 close contenders that fight only a couple of seconds behind. But there is still a clear winner when we are comparing absolute top times.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JorritVD said:

With the 2018 Audi i managed quite easily under the 39 (and stay within track limits). Maybe I will try with the new STARD Fiesta for this trophy 🙂
- When start a timed lap, use the joker lane. It is than easier to brake for the first turn and faster as well.
- Sacrifice the exit of turn 1 for the exit of turn 2.
- Don't send it to much for turn 3 (the hairpin). Keep it tidy for to get a strong exit.
- Than the double chicane. Sacrifice turn 4,5,6 for the exit of T7. A lot of people go much to fast into Turn 4. That will hurt you for the following turns. 
- Turn 8 is the uphil left corner. That is flat out ofcourse.
- Turn 9 is the hairpin. Sacrifice the exit of turn 9 to go flat our through turn 10.
- That it is flat out over the jump and over the finish line to go "easily" without set-up work under the 39 seconds barrier. 

I just got the Launch Event trophy 🙂 So here a gameplay video from it. Not even a perfect lap, but it gives an idea. (BTW, that sound of the STARD Fiesta sounds awesome 🤤)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MattyH1812 said:

Only 5 real liveries on the S1, no Enzo Ide livery...

I saw now to. BUT.... the sixth livery has a strange bronze color and no logo at all. Maybe in an update the Ide livery will come, as it might not have been ready for v1.11.1 due to limited time of licensing and q&a. Maybe @PJTierney could answer or check this at his colleagues?

13 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

I just got the Launch Event trophy 🙂 So here a gameplay video from it. Not even a perfect lap, but it gives an idea. (BTW, that sound of the STARD Fiesta sounds awesome 🤤)

Nice lap 🙂 

Mine's here, same car. I don't chuck it into second chicane like you though 😄 

15 hours ago, JorritVD said:

I saw now to. BUT.... the sixth livery has a strange bronze color and no logo at all. Maybe in an update the Ide livery will come, as it might not have been ready for v1.11.1 due to limited time of licensing and q&a. Maybe @PJTierney could answer or check this at his colleagues?

I can't remember but I think some of the 1.11 cars will get more liveries in 1.12.

No plans to add Ide’s livery though, I’ve been told.

Edited by PJTierney
Updated info.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Did we get the RXS Evo 5 today? or the STARD?  I'm seeing STARD on the livery...

RXS Evo 5 today 🙂 

3 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Did we get the RXS Evo 5 today? or the STARD?  I'm seeing STARD on the livery...

The RXS Evo 5 is the STARD Fiesta MK8 😉 

FYI
- 2019 - Audi S1 EKS RX quattro >>> EKS build Audi S1
- 2019 - Ford Fiesta Rallycross (MK8) >>> OMSE build Fiesta MK8, updated for 2019
- 2019 - Ford Fiesta Rallycross (STARD) >>> STARD build Fiesta MK7, actually also known as RXS Evo 4 (2018 spec)
- 2019 - Ford Fiesta RXS Evo 5 >>> STARD build Fiesta MK8 for the 2019 season
- 2019 - Mini Cooper SX1 >>> Simpson Motorsport build MINI
- 2019 - Peugeot 208 WRX >>> Peugeot / Hansen build 208
- 2019 - Renault Clio R.S. RX >>> G-Fors build Clio
- 2019 - Renault Megane R.S. RX >>> Prodrive build, G-Fors "updated" for 2019 (Baciuska actually raced the latest 2018 Prodrive spec car with Prodrive engine)
- 2019 - SEAT Ibiza RX >>> Munnich Motorsport build

DR2_S4_Calendar_EU.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, ianism said:

hmmm there are 6(!) new hidden achievements...

cheers to @mats27 for pointing it out

image.png.2e83b1edfb5f3b05ee14408111323587.png

Are these sitting in anticipation of future content, or can they be unlocked now? 

I managed to get "Launch Event" last night, though it feels like a hollow victory as I unlocked it on a lap where I incurred a penalty, so it's not a "real" lap time!

3 hours ago, ianism said:

hmmm there are 6(!) new hidden achievements...

cheers to @mats27 for pointing it out

image.png.2e83b1edfb5f3b05ee14408111323587.png

Does that include “The Cartel”?

2 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Does that include “The Cartel”?

ha, ummm just had a look on Steamdb and yes The Cartel is one of the hidden ones. I'd forgotten about it as it wasn't in the list of visible achievements.

so that leaves five without names or requirements:

image.png.34ce7c7761caadc00544d1af0b95958a.png

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Are these sitting in anticipation of future content, or can they be unlocked now? 

I managed to get "Launch Event" last night, though it feels like a hollow victory as I unlocked it on a lap where I incurred a penalty, so it's not a "real" lap time!

well, now that PJ has reminded me of the "The Cartel", I'm assuming it can be unlocked now and the other five are for future content. that's been the case for every batch of new "hidden" achievements that have gone up on Steam up to this point without names, etc.

what's interesting to me is that each season up till now has had 4 achievements. whatever this is for has got 1 more, so it makes me think something different (bigger, possibly?) is coming. but maybe not. *shrugs*

either way, I like it. if they were just releasing a couple of cars and like one more location (like with the Test location and the M2) I would not expect that many new achievements (like 2-3 at most).

this is 100% conjecture ("educated guesses") of course. 🙂

• Like 1

So there are 5 unaccounted for then?... 

SEASON 5 EVEN MORE CONFIRMED

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

The Cartel achievement would mean something like "Win the WRX 2019 Championship with Bakkerud while Doran finishes 2nd"

"Team results standings" dlc confirmed !

🐵

• Haha 1

This might be interesting, i think there might be an unannounced car coming. My guess is the 2019 ARX Subaru. #GOSSIP

image.thumb.png.d7e9f4731b87a73da4905e408bc5b5a2.png

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

This might be interesting, i think there might be an unannounced car coming. My guess is the 2019 ARX Subaru. #GOSSIP

I guess that Subaru is quite likely, but it’s the one that is wanted the least out of all missing scoobies 😫

Edited by Pieman99

2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

at first I thought you were talking about the rally usa one, and disagreed strongly. 

but yea the ARX one is a good guess

15 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

I guess that Subaru is quite likely, but it’s the one that is wanted the least out of all missing scoobies 😫

nah, pretty sure the 22B is the bottom of the list for.... reasons...

Edited by ianism

4 hours ago, JorritVD said:

While the most likely one is the Subaru RX it could also be the Skoda Fabia RX.

6 hours ago, JorritVD said:

The ARX Subaru would be a cool addition: or what about a Projekt E Fiesta? 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, ianism said:

at first I thought you were talking about the rally usa one, and disagreed strongly. 

but yea the ARX one is a good guess

nah, pretty sure the 22B is the bottom of the list for.... reasons...

You mean, because it's a road car, right? :classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2