DiRTy Gossip

10 hours ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

Wish there was a sale on Season 3+4. No sale for Halloween, or Black Friday, or Christmas...

Bro, this is so frustrating especially for us early adopters. And it seems like they do it on purpose.

You can buy the ultimate edition with the game and season 1 to 4 for the same price it costs us to get season 3 and 4. 

I refuse to buy s3 and s4 it for full price when the game and all dlc costs the same.

(I'm not sure about other platforms but I'm on Ps4, eu region store, and it's never gone on sale)

Please have season 3 and 4 on the next psn sale.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, x7eight said:

Bro, this is so frustrating especially for us early adopters. And it seems like they do it on purpose.

You can buy the ultimate edition with the game and season 1 to 4 for the same price it costs us to get season 3 and 4. 

I refuse to buy s3 and s4 it for full price when the game and all dlc costs the same.

(I'm not sure about other platforms but I'm on Ps4, eu region store, and it's never gone on sale)

it's not on purpose but yeah that's absolutely crazy. the price difference between them is literally 5 cents [on the PSN store in canada]. on steam the game and bundles are on sale too, but the superdeluxe edition is only 50% off, so it's still $23 CDN/15 EUR more expensive than the S3-S4 package, which of course is not on sale.

Edited by ianism

on steam dirt rally 2.o base edition is £13, deluxe is £19. great deal for those thinking about getting it.

• Agree 1

If the livestreams were too much of a time investment for you, individual races from the World Series are starting to show up on YouTube 🙂 

22 hours ago, x7eight said:

I bought the base game without any DLC for 30€. Now the Super Deluxe edition is on sale at €34.99 and it includes all the content released yet. To match that I'd need to buy the Year One pass, which is very much NOT on sale at 49.99€.

All the sales are on the base game + DLC and those that actually bought the game earlier are at a clear disadvantage now...

On 12/20/2019 at 3:59 PM, PJTierney said:

The last event at New England, I retired after 4 Stages.

No headlights + night = sad PJ 😞 

Apparently I have finished 90th overall. First overall finish in the top 100. I had been very consitent with the Pug 208 this time and got some more confidence. Unfortunately I was a bit to aggresive in the final stages and the two last sections i drove with a flat tyre, otherwise I could have finished a few places higher, maybe even in the top 80.

Monte Carlo: 130th
Sweden: 162nd
USA: 90th

In the standings PJT and I kinda changed places. Because I was 76th after round 2, and PJT now is. I moved up a good 20 positions 🙂
image.thumb.png.8f1216aefa4351dfd4d3ecccda64aa51.png

Already had posted screens of it here:
https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/38646-dirt-rally-20-share-your-screenshots/?do=findComment&comment=484251

image.jpeg.3ed4e3ad1c9c0ade8b323e420d7b7ada.jpeg

• Like 2

On 12/20/2019 at 2:42 PM, x7eight said:

2 hours ago, carpa said:

I bought the base game without any DLC for 30€. Now the Super Deluxe edition is on sale at €34.99 and it includes all the content released yet. To match that I'd need to buy the Year One pass, which is very much NOT on sale at 49.99€.

All the sales are on the base game + DLC and those that actually bought the game earlier are at a clear disadvantage now...

Imagine my frustration at buying it for $59 on Oculus to discover that I had only half the game and no option to buy the DLCs at all.

I had to buy the whole package again to get the other half the game from Steam.  Oculus still has no DLC.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, NateFink said:

Imagine my frustration at buying it for $59 on Oculus to discover that I had only half the game and no option to buy the DLCs at all.

I had to buy the whole package again to get the other half the game from Steam.  Oculus still has no DLC.

i have read a couple of posts about people getting their money back when contacting Oculus support. Did you try that?

37 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

i have read a couple of posts about people getting their money back when contacting Oculus support. Did you try that?

I'm pretty sure you had to have less than a certain number of hours logged.

Edited by ianism

1 hour ago, ianism said:

I'm pretty sure you had to have less than a certain number of hours logged.

He can at least give it a try, it doesnt cost anything Nothing to lose everything to win, right? 🙂

Edited by somethingthing
  • Agree 1

Merry Xmas all. Big Thanks to Codies for DR2.0. Can’t wait to what 2020 will bring 🙂 

• Agree 2

Merry Christmas fellow Dirt Rally fans 🚗🎄🚗

nearly a year on and still enjoying it

Edited by Pieman99

4 hours ago, RookieOne said:

Small video I found on the Group B, think it would fit here

Lol that Lancia 037 at 2:50 takes corners just like I do - with zero regard for the road signage :classic_laugh:

image.png.210be271d103745d56b9495e7eab5fad.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Impressive video of group b. Codemaster was able to capture very well the power of these machines. Thanks CM, hard times but with your games, life is more bearable, Merry Christmas to all.

Agree with the dlc matter. Early supporters were forgotten completely. And since the dlc now costs as much as the whole game (with all the dlc) it seems so absurd and really makes me not even play it anymore. Shame really.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, masa90 said:

Agree with the dlc matter. Early supporters were forgotten completely. And since the dlc now costs as much as the whole game (with all the dlc) it seems so absurd and really makes me not even play it anymore. Shame really.

It's OK to play it now. But when new game will come you need to wait until the same sale. It's about not repeating the same mistakes again and again 😄

13 minutes ago, Johnnnn said:

It's OK to play it now. But when new game will come you need to wait until the same sale. It's about not repeating the same mistakes again and again

Am I the only one who isn't upset that buying content day 1 means you pay more than someone who waits 6 months? You pay extra for the privilege of playing before people who want to be frugal. Yeah, I think it's kind of lame to not discount the latest season at least a bit for the Deluxe owners, but then I remember season 4 isn't even fully released yet.

You're asking for a discount on content that is still being released. What other company has ever been like "oh here is some new DLC for you all to buy, want us to go 50% off 2 weeks after releasing it???"

The reason the BIG bundle is discounted is to help bring in more people to the playerbase. Discounting the DLC by itself isn't going to do that, those people already are part of the playerbase. But if you're trying to bring in new fresh drivers during the holidays you discount the base content or the deluxe bundles. It isn't rocket science. 

• Agree 6

2 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Am I the only one who isn't upset that buying content day 1 means you pay more than someone who waits 6 months? You pay extra for the privilege of playing before people who want to be frugal. Yeah, I think it's kind of lame to not discount the latest season at least a bit for the Deluxe owners, but then I remember season 4 isn't even fully released yet.

You're asking for a discount on content that is still being released. What other company has ever been like "oh here is some new DLC for you all to buy, want us to go 50% off 2 weeks after releasing it???"

The reason the BIG bundle is discounted is to help bring in more people to the playerbase. Discounting the DLC by itself isn't going to do that, those people already are part of the playerbase. But if you're trying to bring in new fresh drivers during the holidays you discount the base content or the deluxe bundles. It isn't rocket science. 

It depends. You are right for sure. I wasn't early adopter so I don't care too much. But from economy perspective you need as much as possible day 1 buyers. They are the people who pay for the development and help you a lot. If you don't care about them and think some sale casuals will pay for your development it's OK. It's possible, we will see.

So I understand that being a first player is a privilege for you. It's not for me here, maybe in different games. But it's a good point. Will it work? Hardly.

I would say bundle discount only gets away real fans who paid.

As always there are several perspectives.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

No, you're not the only one. I wouldn't say buying the game and playing it from day one is a privilege. There's a release date and you preorder or just buy the game at release day, start playing and that's it, but if you choose to wait 6 months or even more time to get it on sale, then I think it's fair to say that you have a clear disadvantage. 

If you didn't know about DR2.0 and just stumbled across the discounted super deluxe edition, then you were just lucky. ^^  I can't find the discounted Super Deluxe Edition at the moment, so it might not be on sale anymore, but if it really was just €34,99, then that was an absolute steal!

43 minutes ago, richie said:

No, you're not the only one. I wouldn't say buying the game and playing it from day one is a privilege. There's a release date and you preorder or just buy the game at release day, start playing and that's it, but if you choose to wait 6 months or even more time to get it on sale, then I think it's fair to say that you have a clear disadvantage. 

If you didn't know about DR2.0 and just stumbled across the discounted super deluxe edition, then you were just lucky. ^^  I can't find the discounted Super Deluxe Edition at the moment, so it might not be on sale anymore, but if it really was just €34,99, then that was an absolute steal!

Yeah privilege might not be the best word for it, but you're essentially paying premium to ensure you get to play it day 1. And I'm totally ok with that for certain games, DiRT being one of them. Not $35 on Steam right now, but I almost bought a copy of the original Deluxe ($24) to give away on stream last night cuz it is so damn cheap haha. 

image.png.994753717673b033ab5c7245db9294f8.png

• Like 2

@Mike Dee Nah, I’m the same - I buy very few games Day 1, usually wait until a sale and the worst issues are patched, so happy to have done with this one, it was always playable for me.

Same with anything in life - after I bought my car, Seat offered it 6 months later for a lot cheaper with a load of extras, I was hardly mad at them.

• Like 1