Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Yeah privilege might not be the best word for it, but you're essentially paying premium to ensure you get to play it day 1. And I'm totally ok with that for certain games, DiRT being one of them. Not $35 on Steam right now, but I almost bought a copy of the original Deluxe ($24) to give away on stream last night cuz it is so damn cheap haha.
 

It's OK, it's a privilege. I pre-ordered Horizon 4 because of it. And got 4 day earlier access. But for Dirt rally? I don't know. Sales for games are double-edged swords. Nintendo don't do sales and it's pretty good and I like it. You know you can safely buy the game. With CM, you know you should wait a bit if possible.

Edited by Johnnnn
wording

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Johnnnn said:

You know you can safely buy the game. With CM, you know you should a bit wait if possible.

Isn't that the case for anything though? Once it is "old" and people are moving on to newer products it is only natural to discount it.

If you were to go into Walmart right now and see a copy of Horizon 4 for the full $60 launch MSRP would you not laugh at the pricing? But Microsoft has it on sale now for ~$20 - are you mad at Microsoft for "screwing" over early adopters? I mean, you said it yourself that you paid $40 more than I could pay right now for the game. Nothing "safe" about that purchase.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Isn't that the case for anything though? Once it is "old" and people are moving on to newer products it is only natural to discount it.

If you were to go into Walmart right now and see a copy of Horizon 4 for the full $60 launch MSRP would you not laugh at the pricing? But Microsoft has it on sale now for ~$20 - are you mad at Microsoft for "screwing" over early adopters? I mean, you said it yourself that you paid $40 more than I could pay right now for the game. Nothing "safe" about that purchase.

 

It's not a case for anything like Nintendo shows. It depends on games too. Many games are great for many years and you don't need any sales. Fast sales are pretty dumb idea for SW.

The problem with Horizon is it was $100 and was way cheap. That game is huge and complete gold (650+ cars). Is it the same situation with DR2? I am not sure. So buying Horizon is pretty save because you get much more than you pay. I think starting edition of DR2 was $100 too and you get only half of the current game and that could be the main problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

 but I almost bought a copy of the original Deluxe ($24) to give away on stream last night cuz it is so damn cheap haha. 


 

That'd be an awesome thing to do, to be fair. That's an instant 1000 followers for your channel ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

season 4 isn't even fully released yet.

You're asking for a discount on content that is still being released. What other company has ever been like "oh here is some new DLC for you all to buy, want us to go 50% off 2 weeks after releasing it???"

the thing is that the deluxe edition upgrade (ie the Season 1-2 pack) went on sale for the first time on May 24, right when Season 1 was ending and they were about to announce the Season 2 content.

in this case, we are now about halfway through Season 4 and there still hasn't been a discount the S3/S4 pack yet, even though we've gone through both the black friday and post-christmas sales - probably the biggest times for sales in the year. it's just strange. and from my point of view it's not very fair that the complete edition that gets you everything costs barely more than the S3/S4 pack by itself.

to me, it is annoying that someone who is just coming to play/support the game now can get more content than me by spending half the money I did back in January. I realise this is an entertainment product and the money I spent allowed me to play for 10 months longer than the other person, but I feel like I've helped cm out at least a little by posting constructive criticism on the forums, suggesting things to make the game better, helping with bug fixes etc.

anyways, I'm still super into the game (though I'm playing a few others now too), and I'm happy to be patient and wait for the sale to come, but I just feel like I shouldn't have had to wait this long. 🙂

18 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

@Mike Dee Nah, I’m the same - I buy very few games Day 1, usually wait until a sale and the worst issues are patched, so happy to have done with this one, it was always playable for me.

same, but I made an exception for Dirt Rally 2.0 because I truly loved Dirt 2-4 and I wanted to support 🙂

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ianism said:

the thing is that the deluxe edition upgrade (ie the Season 1-2 pack) went on sale for the first time on May 24, right when Season 1 was ending and they were about to announce the Season 2 content.

in this case, we are now about halfway through Season 4 and there still hasn't been a discount the S3/S4 pack yet, even though we've gone through both the black friday and post-christmas sales - probably the biggest times for sales in the year. it's just strange. and from my point of view it's not very fair that the complete edition that gets you everything costs barely more than the S3/S4 pack by itself.

🙂

In Italy the super-hyper-mega deluxe edition with the base game and all the Seasons costs 15€ LESS than the Year One pass I'd need to have all the Seasons. Basically, I'd spend less if I was to buy the whole game AGAIN. 

It feels like the publishers wanted more sales for the game and, realizing that DR2 with its DLCs is double the cost of the base game and is therefore not very attractive for newcomers, decided to solve the issue by selling out the complete edition. In the meantime, all those that actually bought the game earlier won't get any offer so that they'll have to pay the full price for the DLCs and give some more money to the publishers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ianism said:

 

to me, it is annoying that someone who is just coming to play/support the game now can get more content than me by spending half the money I did back in January. I realise this is an entertainment product and the money I spent allowed me to play for 10 months longer than the other person, but I feel like I've helped cm out at least a little by posting constructive criticism on the forums, suggesting things to make the game better, helping with bug fixes etc.

anyways, I'm still super into the game (though I'm playing a few others now too), and I'm happy to be patient and wait for the sale to come, but I just feel like I shouldn't have had to wait this long. 🙂

 

The thing is, you can't rely 100% on potential sales, and Codies (or any other company in the business) can't afford to show some pattern or predictability when it comes to sales strategy, because people would react accordingly and not buy anything anymore at launch. 

It's nice that you kept criticism constructive and I kind of understand that you're a bit disappointed, but keeping it civil and constructive should go without saying and you can't really expect something back for that. 

I very rarely touch any career mode in racing games so I'm not sure how it works, but would you be able to transfer your progress to the newly bought game if you were to decide to buy the discounted super deluxe edition? Honestly, even if I lost all progress I'd buy the game again with all the DLC if it cost less than S3+S4 bundle. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes and look how the video goes out at christmas.....if only the true generosity wasnt a promotion event. id give it a like.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2019 at 4:55 PM, dgeesi0 said:

yes and look how the video goes out at christmas.....if only the true generosity wasnt a promotion event. id give it a like.

We all know that we live in that kind of world you know ? But sometimes it is also nice to pretend a bit and being happy for the kid and his very good father. Little buddy had the best present and experience of his life. Look at his face ! He is nothing but pure joy ! 

Edited by koog2003
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont pretend its my opinion. fake stories or promotions sales i hate. the people were used to show lambo in a good light to drive sales. the only difference is people actually believe this kinda stuff. as said doing at christmas as well makes it even worse. its like we could do this in october....no wait ! save it until christmas for ultimate exposure. there was no kind hearted thing about it. its a set up to sell. if you like it fair enough. nothing wrong with that. i dont. its fake. its social media bs people swallow and promote which i hate.

im sure the kid did enjoy it. fair enough. im glad he doesnt realize why it was done.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

i dont pretend its my opinion. fake stories or promotions sales i hate. the people were used to show lambo in a good light to drive sales. the only difference is people actually believe this kinda stuff. as said doing at christmas as well makes it even worse. its like we could do this in october....no wait ! save it until christmas for ultimate exposure. there was no kind hearted thing about it. its a set up to sell. if you like it fair enough. nothing wrong with that. i dont. its fake. its social media bs people swallow and promote which i hate.

im sure the kid did enjoy it. fair enough. im glad he doesnt realize why it was done.

Still the kid's happiness is real and the one of his father too. They are not fake characters/actors. They are real. That's why it is a nice thing. It is in front of you and still you don't see it.

Who cares if Lamborghini decided they could make money out of it. They are not an ONG. It is a company and they behave exactly like all the other companies in the world. Scope = Make money. I don't know in which world you live but on planet earth that's how it is man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, koog2003 said:

Still the kid's happiness is real and the one of his father too. They are not fake characters/actors. They are real. That's why it is a nice thing. It is in front of you and still you don't see it.

Who cares if Lamborghini decided they could make money out of it. They are not an ONG. It is a company and they behave exactly like all the other companies in the world. Scope = Make money. I don't know in which world you live but on planet earth that's how it is man.

I've always viewed it as - doing good things selfishly is not a bad thing so long as the good deeds are still done. Sure it's a marketing/publicity stunt, but you know what? Everyone still comes out a winner. The family for getting a new car they could never afford, viewers for getting that feel good story they like around the holidays, and Lambo for PR.

I know there is an old saying about this but I can't remember what it was. In the end though it says doing good, regardless of the reason, is still doing good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

I've always viewed it as - doing good things selfishly is not a bad thing so long as the good deeds are still done. Sure it's a marketing/publicity stunt, but you know what? Everyone still comes out a winner. The family for getting a new car they could never afford, viewers for getting that feel good story they like around the holidays, and Lambo for PR.

I know there is an old saying about this but I can't remember what it was. In the end though it says doing good, regardless of the reason, is still doing good.

Straight to the point @Mike Dee. Exactly what I mean. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cafe5150 said:

What happened to the replica he was building?

According to the article on CNN, they gave it back to them of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, koog2003 said:

According to the article on CNN, they gave it back to them of course. 

they saving that for easter and the next campaign :classic_laugh:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems no one has posted this yet. This was posted a week ago.

80291186_3299596256779586_9038742417980784640_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=F1A9mDTulX8AQnDzRD5GyS8wT6Gmrdwjl_7veK4jZxHDGwiZWo4ogomLQ&_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.xx&oh=1e8f700be1867d32c351a12baba387ea&oe=5EAA312D

Confirming (but not really a suprise) the Olsbergs MK8 Fiets in 2019 spec. The main differences between the 2018 and 2019 OMSE MK8 Fiesta (aka Fiesta Rallycross (MK8)) are:
- Cooling package went to the rear (so air intakes on the side, outlet at the back)
- Therefore also a different packaging at the front (behind the grill there are a lot of differences for channeling the air. The 2018 spec was more complex with this)

I haven't seen more differences at the outside. From the interior i couldn;t find any real images. So i have no idea what has been changed for that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lamborghini PR discussion has nothing to do with conspiracy theories, though. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JorritVD said:

It seems no one has posted this yet. This was posted a week ago.

80291186_3299596256779586_9038742417980784640_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=F1A9mDTulX8AQnDzRD5GyS8wT6Gmrdwjl_7veK4jZxHDGwiZWo4ogomLQ&_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.xx&oh=1e8f700be1867d32c351a12baba387ea&oe=5EAA312D

Confirming (but not really a suprise) the Olsbergs MK8 Fiets in 2019 spec. The main differences between the 2018 and 2019 OMSE MK8 Fiesta (aka Fiesta Rallycross (MK8)) are:
- Cooling package went to the rear (so air intakes on the side, outlet at the back)
- Therefore also a different packaging at the front (behind the grill there are a lot of differences for channeling the air. The 2018 spec was more complex with this)

I haven't seen more differences at the outside. From the interior i couldn;t find any real images. So i have no idea what has been changed for that.

there's also the OMSE one behind 

YUS!

2osENsr.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I expected the Samir memes when writing this caption, but not the Jon Armstrong = Keanu Reeves comparisons...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gah in preparation for the Festive Challenge today I practised with the SpaceStar R5 by doing an entire career championship with it... only to find that the event that wins you the SpaceStar livery is in R2 cars 😂😪

edit: done it. took a couple tries, but ultimately I am very lucky they picked a car class and stage I'm good at (aka easy ones)

20191231224710_1.thumb.jpg.b6c67f27b37a719fffef5a71c050fa41.jpg

Edited by ianism
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×