Jump to content
DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I expected the Samir memes when writing this caption, but not the Jon Armstrong = Keanu Reeves comparisons...

I wasn't expecting anyone to really care about Keanu Reeves, but then the Cyberpunk reveal happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ianism said:

gah in preparation for the Festive Challenge today I practised with the SpaceStar R5 by doing an entire career championship with it... only to find that the event that wins you the SpaceStar livery is in R2 cars 😂😪

edit: done it. took a couple tries, but ultimately I am very lucky they picked a car class and stage I'm good at (aka easy ones)

GG! I finished 150th in the world, probably my best showing in any community event, only got 1 good run in but it was pretty perfect by my standards 😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GG guys, I finished 156th. My fastest run was kinda messy but I'm happy because I was constantly improving and my last run was 16 seconds faster than the first one. I think you guys agree we would like to see more competitions like this, even for such a small prize. Not only on Holidays 😉 Happy New Year Everyone!

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How the "Cold Basment" did I get space Star Livery? i Drove like McCrash, did 2:30+  time  and still got livery? anyway, Happy New Year to All Dirt Fellows,

and Thanks CM for Livery :) 

Edited by dani211212
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MattyH1812 said:

GG! I finished 150th in the world, probably my best showing in any community event, only got 1 good run in but it was pretty perfect by my standards 😄 

same. I got 123rd or something(!!!)

I get Tier 1 regularly in R2 and H2 FWD classes (especially in longer events when more people retire), but wasn't expecting to be that high...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GG! The best I got was 250 something with 3:32. Luckily got Space Star livery. 😻

Thank you very much Codemasters! 👍

Happy New Year Everyone!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off topic, kinda, but over here in American Rally..  David Higgins and Craig Drew are no longer signed with Subaru.  David has expressed interest and his return to American rally for 2020, obviously in a different car.  
 

Before the speculation starts, I doubt Oliver will be back this year (maybe for one event) but I believe he will be following his WRC interest going forward as he should be.

Also I do not see Travis doing a full season as that takes a huge bit away from his nitro schedule.

my hopes are for Atko, he is a former WRC/Subaru guy and seems pretty likable.

Anyone else?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gfRally said:

Off topic, kinda, but over here in American Rally..  David Higgins and Craig Drew are no longer signed with Subaru.  David has expressed interest and his return to American rally for 2020, obviously in a different car.  
 

Before the speculation starts, I doubt Oliver will be back this year (maybe for one event) but I believe he will be following his WRC interest going forward as he should be.

Also I do not see Travis doing a full season as that takes a huge bit away from his nitro schedule.

my hopes are for Atko, he is a former WRC/Subaru guy and seems pretty likable.

Anyone else?

I hadn't seen the news about Higgins/Drew, that is an interesting development. 

The last rumour I read about Oliver Solberg suggested that he would be driving a Skoda in WRC2. 

Atko seems the mostly likely replacement in the existing Subaru line up: unless they are going to draft some fresh blood in? 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tbtstt  I wouldn’t mind someone young a fresh, as long as they are American with good talent.  There are a few over here, if groomed they would be great.

But from a marketing perspective, They are going to have to find some athlete from another sport (Think Dave Mirra) with a following to make that work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently RX in America is a bit unknown after IMG pulled the plug on ARX. If two of your Rallycross drivers (Atko, Sandell) are a former WRC factory driver and a former JWRC champ, than it would be logical to go with them.

Maybe they now go for an North American driver, as there was a bit of critic that an “American” team has only drivers outside North America.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, gfRally said:

@tbtstt  I wouldn’t mind someone young a fresh, as long as they are American with good talent.  There are a few over here, if groomed they would be great.

But from a marketing perspective, They are going to have to find some athlete from another sport (Think Dave Mirra) with a following to make that work.

I daresay Higgins didn't have a big following (Stateside) when they picked him, so perhaps there is a chance of an unknown talent from Europe? 

Given that M-Sport haven't picked him up, I'd love to see Craig Breen appear at SRT USA! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they could do a Mentor type of thing, get Atko or someone like Breen to continue as Higgins replacement and groom some young guy till they are suitable to take the lead.  
 

Petter had some very nice words to say about American Rally and the potential it has here.  He said that the roads here are very challenging and different from elsewhere and liked that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im sure i seen only yesterday some event with oliver and higgins being touted think it was twitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Barely DiRT related, but pretty cool video of a S7 and S12 WRCar getting timed around a circuit (commentary is in Hungarian): 

 

 

Edited by tbtstt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

small question when come the info for the  year 2 Dlc ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, petozamo6428 said:

This is not funny any more. The clubs don´t work again :classic_mellow:

Hey @petozamo6428

we are looking into this now and will get it fixed as soon as possible 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, gk9147 said:

small question when come the info for the  year 2 Dlc ?

Sometime between now and Spring. :classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Timmsy123 said:

Hey @petozamo6428

we are looking into this now and will get it fixed as soon as possible 😀

But this happens almost every day. We have put many effort to create a legitime Championship and now people can´t finish it, or they were put to „DFN“ because of this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, petozamo6428 said:

But this happens almost every day. We have put many effort to create a legitime Championship and now people can´t finish it, or they were put to „DFN“ because of this issue.

We're aware that it's been on and off the past few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, petozamo6428 said:

But this happens almost every day. We have put many effort to create a legitime Championship and now people can´t finish it, or they were put to „DFN“ because of this issue.

Clubs should be back up and working now, there are investigations taking place to try and ensure this doesn't happen again 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Sometime between now and Spring. :classic_biggrin:

yeah but PJ said in codemasters blog, the info for new DLC coming this month , dlc RX is cool but only RX after is boring , so i wait the new info for rally 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gk9147 said:

yeah but PJ said in codemasters blog, the info for new DLC coming this month 

I guess I have missed that. Also can't really find it. Can you point me towards it where I can find that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×