DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

OK, thanks. I saw some picture of DR2 and was a bit confused.

11 hours ago, JorritVD said:

I guess those are the World Series Finals liveries

All players get them for free in 1.12.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Meanwhile Thrustmaster shared this earlier today...

nice new livrery again  please add livrery  for 2000 , rgt , h1 , r5,  ( especially skoda , citroen ,peugeot ) r2 and h3 too because the dead head , united states livrery , rainbow  livrery is really ugly

edit :  ( for all car have not livrery and add new livrery  for the car have ugly  livrery )

Edited by gk9147
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 10:48 PM, PJTierney said:

Meanwhile Thrustmaster shared this earlier today...

we're over here overanalyzing every photo retweeted by the Dirt account and PJ is over here like.... "guys, look over here. you missed this..."

us: does it have any relation whatsoever to McRae or Subaru though?

(I haven't been around much because I am travelling)

https://www.facebook.com/ProtoCars/

Proto Cars / Dytko Sport just recently released images from the Audi A1 Proto (i think can be used for the new R4 regs, but the chassi can also be used for RX, if national homolgation is being asked)

Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: auto, lucht, nacht en buiten Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: auto, lucht en buiten

Interior is still quite standard

Geen fotobeschrijving beschikbaar.

And with some color:

image.png.0a9e2c1d33d47766dfd4c37cf887ec47.png

• Like 2

While waiting for the Subaru's DLC and maybe hopefully at least one more Rally location, I now started a new Series, with a particular topic, that might be of interest to some around here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gfRally said:

Blown away by this news:

https://www.dirtfish.com/blog/dirtfish-and-world-rally-champion-ott-tanak-join-forces-for-2020/

They didn’t land on the moon with the first rocket ever made, but this is a good start to getting there.  - Yes I AM comparing the moonshot with getting WRC back in the US, its not going to be easy.

Hyundai  should really start an ad campaign featuring their WRC effort and showcasing their sporty cars  and start weaving it into US car commercials...……………….they sold like 700,000 cars in 2019 here 

Excellent news ,btw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, PJTierney said:

They don't slide like mad on tarmac which looks real. I don't know why every video here was Block style which doesn't make sense in real racing. Still I don't know how to properly drive WRX in DR2, but this looks fine.

1 hour ago, FlatOverCrest said:

I thought this was rather interesting considering the gossip surrounding possible Colin McRae tribute content in Dirt Rally 2.0 and the owner of one of the cars that CodeMasters supposedly recorded audio for certainly gets my attention:

https://www.dirtfish.com/blog/rallylegend-2017-a-tribute-to-colin-mcrae/

Steve Rimmer whispers in your ear (something is coming)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, FlatOverCrest said:

I thought this was rather interesting considering the gossip surrounding possible Colin McRae tribute content in Dirt Rally 2.0 and the owner of one of the cars that CodeMasters supposedly recorded audio for certainly gets my attention:

https://www.dirtfish.com/blog/rallylegend-2017-a-tribute-to-colin-mcrae/

I saw a Legacy on Friday, DirtFish had a display at Autosport International 🙂 

• Like 3

I noticed you keep putting SUBARU in capitals. Is this some kind of gossip clue or something? I’ve been out of practice with this whole gossip thing for a while.

12 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

I noticed you keep putting SUBARU in capitals. Is this some kind of gossip clue or something? I’ve been out of practice with this whole gossip thing for a while.

It's just a habit of using their licensed name a lot. When you work with licensed brands (which I've done for 10+ years) it becomes a habit to use official names and capitalisation 🙂 

SUBARU is officially written in all caps 🙂 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

It's just a habit of using their licensed name a lot. When you work with licensed brands (which I've done for 10+ years) it becomes a habit to use official names and capitalisation 🙂 

That level of detail, yet the Audi is wrongly named in the game :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

That level of detail, yet the Audi is wrongly named in the game :classic_biggrin:

That's the decision from Audi, not Codemasters. It's called the same in the Forza-Franchise.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

That's the decision from Audi, not Codemasters. It's called the same in the Forza-Franchise.

Yeah, I know it's a licensing thing, but I thought I'd give @PJTierney a bit of grief as he isn't being very forthcoming with gossip! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Well, that’s my short lived return to gossiping over. 2020-2020 RIP

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RallyDriven said:

Well, that’s my short lived return to gossiping over. 2020-2020 RIP

Whatchu talkin bout? He linked 2 pictures of cars.

Cars confirmed.

• Haha 2