DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

1 hour ago, petozamo6428 said:

Make it any sense, write here tahat the servers are again down? 

1 hour ago, tjetfiat said:

Down again... 

• Thanks 1

@PJTierney Any chances we get more reliable servers in the future? Those downtimes happen way to often and are by far the most annoying thing in this game.

(Don't know if the servers are back again, didn't played since the first reports.)

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

@PJTierney Any chances we get more reliable servers in the future? Those downtimes happen way to often and are by far the most annoying thing in this game.

(Don't know if the servers are back again, didn't played since the first reports.)

They're generally quite stable, however some complications after yesterday's big server maintenance (which affected all titles, not just DR2) lead to a little more instability than usual.

I believe the game's stable again right now, and IT's working on various things to ensure things are more reliable in general 🙂 

• Thanks 2
  • Disagree 1

38 minutes ago, tjetfiat said:

Again today, right now, I can't play 

Now works but dnf in Argentina with Kit car 

• Confused 1

Does anyone know if we're still expecting an update to the Skoda Fabia WRC's engine sound?

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, warpengage said:

Does anyone know if we're still expecting an update to the Skoda Fabia WRC's engine sound?

Good things should come before too long.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

So definitely no hillclimb

But rally cars and liveries seem to be confirmed though?

If I see the tweet from a few posts back, "something worth experiencing", does it mean there is a new Rally discipline added? For example Trophee Andros, or Rally-Raid cars (and trucks) with a kinda dessert stage or other baja. I hope @PJTierney not ment something Landrush. as we already experienced that in DiRT 4.

Edited by JorritVD
  • Disagree 1

I don’t think Rally Raid is coming to a Dirt Rally title, I think that fits in more with the DiRT 5 side of it, which I honestly hope the include this time.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, bogani said:

It'll be rally related. Trust me.

With Rally you mean the traditional rally with stages?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

With Rally you mean the traditional rally with stages?

Uhuhhh :classic_tongue:

• Confused 1

So, another bit of news. Andrew Coley was today at Codemasters for some new recordings... (check his instagram stories).

So that could mean a few things, namely new RX content, or possible recording for the 2019 RX content videos for a 2019 WRX championship mod or something.

• Like 1

All I've noticed is that testers seem to be *reeeeeaaaaally* smug right now.

I take that as a good sign 😄 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

So, another bit of news. Andrew Coley was today at Codemasters for some new recordings... (check his instagram stories).

So that could mean a few things, namely new RX content, or possible recording for the 2019 RX content videos for a 2019 WRX championship mod or something.

Just realized the WRX championship starts in April, which is spring too.
But I really hope the new content isn't just some kind of live competition based on realtime WRX events...

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Dytut said:

As far as I know none of us have been testing anything at all though. So whatever comes is gonna be fresh and new to us as well :classic_tongue:

21 minutes ago, bogani said:

As far as I know none of us have been testing anything at all though. So whatever comes is gonna be fresh and new to us as well :classic_tongue:

You may not have tested anything, but I'd wager you know what is coming! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/14/2020 at 12:40 PM, PJTierney said:

*cough* maybe better than normal stability levels should be the goal here. They seem less stable than power supply in the Soviet block.

1 hour ago, Dytut said:

What testers? You mean us? We're always smug though.

14 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

You may not have tested anything, but I'd wager you know what is coming! :classic_laugh:

Literally no idea. Other than a few sneak previews real early on, and I mean just pictures or words, we haven't gotten anything in terms of news for months. I can check the secret place, but typically we would all get tagged since we don't have any reason to visit it anymore.

*Edit, I'd say at best the last time we actually got anything somewhat gossipy was in June of last year in which PJ just said that basically tarmac physics are unlikely to change, due to the reworking of a bunch of other systems and them being busy with the GRID reboot. Like, big surprise there.

May 16th CMMcBabe asked for our opinions on the FFB changes. That's all. I don't believe that was an early release for us either, that's just when the FFB update happened.

April 16th I got in an argument with @dgeesi0 about his... umm... "unique" writing style I can't decipher, despite him being English.

And after looking through like 20 pages it's mainly been us quibbling about random things or bug reports. I'm thinking it's more like a year or more since we've actually been let in on something.

Edited by JZStudios
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Not really gossip, but I felt the need to share this with you all here since I figured it'd get a few laughs. The amazing new logo I made for our team in a DR2 Club - Team 'Bin It or Win It'!

binORwin-transparent-color-windows-cleaned.thumb.png.42d46ef5f99db94865a4e935804b4610.png

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

It's Friday and I guess we get a new "normal" roadbook again from @PJTierney? Probably there won't be anything yet about the "Something is coming", but more about the DiRT World Series and part 2 of the 2019 World RX cars. Oh jah, maybe also about the upcoming update and patch notes, that is planned for around 21st of January, and maybe a screenshot from part 3 of the 2019 World RX cars.

-----------------

You are welcome 😛 

Edited by JorritVD

30 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

It's Friday and I guess we get a new "normal" roadbook again from @PJTierney?

Not planning regular Roadbooks again for a while. Focusing on bigger things 😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

OK it's the 555, but what location is it ? San Remo ? 🙂

Edited by toninus