Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

34 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Not planning regular Roadbooks again for a while. Focusing on bigger things 😉 

What bigger things? 😛 

18 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

What bigger things? 😛 

• Like 2

You're the perfect successor for Christina @PJTierney

Learned all the phrases like "soon" "yet" etc by heart and using whenever needed...!

• Like 1

You can understand with "Big things" and teasers as "Something is coming...", that expectations also becoming very high 😄 

• Agree 1

I’ll be happy if it’s just the Legacy and late 90’s Impreza. Anything more than that would be a nice bonus. Alternatively, if those two cars aren’t coming then all the gossiping since last May when we saw the photos from the (possible) sound recordings will have been for nothing 🙈

i think anyone that thinks there is a possibility of a new rally location is living on another planet, but i would love to be wrong of course 😇

• Disagree 1

Hello, i am new here. Wanted to share my thoughts about this news.
I am back playing Rally Games after longer Time and i love it. Great Game, great graphics.
I searched for my own Game needs and wishes in the forum for this topics.

- Hotseat Mode / Offline Championship
This is a need in my eyes. Specialy in Rally Games where people do Couch Racing Events and having a blast. In my eyes this is the importanst thing you could implement by now. We know it is possible, so i dont know why you Guys not doing it. It cant be that hard. Dont forget about the Offline Players. There are still tons of Players who dont race Online and would love to do Multiplayer Championships.

- Free Camera in Replay Mode
A Free Camera Mode wasnt necessary back then when we had only Pixels. But i think Codemasters would do a own favor in implementing a Free Camera Mode in their Replay. There would be tons of Players who would snap their perfect moment of a Stage. It would be easy to share in the forums. This would populate all over the www and a free Commercial Campaign for Codemasters Rally Game "The Clean side of Dirt" :classic_biggrin: You could show the absolute beauty of the Game with those Screenshots and you could use them for Offline Championship Trackings and Storys.

- Replay Save as mp4
This almost goes to the same Story as the Free Camera Mode in Replays. I couldnt breathe when this would be a needed feature. Imagine how many things you cold do. Doing a Offline Rally and editing like its a Rally broadcast after and put it to youtube. This would infect other players for sure.

- Paintshop or a easy to implement liverys editor
In my eyes, this is a absolute need. I offered some Painters 200 Dollars for painting our individual liveries for our Offline Championship. (still searching or in progress, people who would love to do that, pm me) We love it authentic, thats why we wish that and want that. It gives you a much more deeper immersion into the Game, makes the Replay much more attractive because you see what you want in every aspect of the Game. Also the Name on the Window should be a must. We are not Unknown drivers. 

I dont talk about the game-engine and physics because everyone has a different opinion about this. This is a feeling which every player is on a different stage. Some like it arcade, some want a hc-sim other would love a casual racer. Here is the only one thing: Why not implement a slider like in DIRT4? I dont get you Guys. You should always take out the best things, forwarding it to the next Game and voila you would always top your topgame that everyone would love. But this is generally a problem of the Producers of a Videogame, they implement some cool features, take it out years after and bring it back as a new feature years later. I dont get it what the industry doing these days. It would be so so easy. Highest Goal should be Happy Customers. So how to get Happy Customers. "Codemasters/Steam Login - Discussions - read read read, analyse it, do polls, feel the pulse, do economics and then come out with the things YOUR player base (that pays your jobs) want. I really dont get it why that should be so hard. Example: Hotseat, they ask you Guys forever for a Hotseat, you see it, the need is clearly there, so why not implement it instead of bringing features that no one wants and no one asked for. 

I hope you deliver a awesome package with your teased news. Otherwise it would be another just do commercial because you know your content sucks so you have to hype it up.
Dont get me wrong. I do not wanna complain around here, this is just my Opinion (that belongs to the most of the Companys) I would love to see one of those features implemented.

33 minutes ago, GrandAl said:

Hello, i am new here. Wanted to share my thoughts about this news.

- Hotseat Mode / Offline Championship

- Free Camera in Replay Mode

- Replay Save as mp4

- Paintshop or a easy to implement liverys editor

Hi, welcome, these a nice suggestions. You can drop these here:
https://forums.codemasters.com/forum/29-suggestion-box/

There a good suggestions, although the free camera, also known as "photo mode" is confirmed it will not come for DiRT Rally 2.0, which i think is the same for the painshop, a.k.a. livery editor. 

For the replay i not fully understand. I know you can record on PS4 the replay, which will be then in MP4. The same goes for PC (depending on your settings) andprobably also for Xbox. If every replay would be saved automatically as MP4, your harddrive will be full within a day. So if you want this, you can basically already do at the moment. Just put the camera on TV, start the replay and record. 

For the hotseat, is seems it would only work for Rally, and not for Rallycross (as you can be in the same race than). 

2 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Ok, now I expect at least a huge update, or even a new season. It's PJ's fault, if not.

...well...where is my pitchfork?

If this news doesn't live up to the expectations we're creating here, the hype train will crash harder than Hirvonen in Finland... 

cdf84e11f139c97db853c7bb0ac07caf.jpg1280519369.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, warpengage said:

@PJTierney Patch notes today or next week with the update?

When they're ready. Just waiting on the all-clear 🙂 

Probably not today though.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

The vagueposting is strong with this one. Christina must be proud of you 😁

10 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

@Mike Dee

Didn't you hosted the Dirty Discord-Club in the game? Why is there no activity?

I did but life got the better of me. Managing the entire thing solo was a big undertaking, and I never was able to get scripts setup on the backend to pull all the data I needed from CM in an automated flow - that really hurt while trying to manage 200+ drivers across 30 some teams. Sadly that has been put on hold for now. I've thought about spinning something back up with it, without the teams and power stages, but I've just been busy lately. Luckily this club I joined (the one the logo is for) is doing something similar to what I wanted and they are managing all of the numbers instead - so I can make time to at least race the events. 

Shameless plug - http://bluelineleague.com/ cuz the team running this club deserve it

5 hours ago, toninus said:

OK it's the 555, but what location is it ? San Remo ? 🙂

Spain RACC rally...

48 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Congrats @jonny174

image.thumb.png.33ad19c4707f41166c5c436a87e8000e.png

Congrats!

gossip: Whatever Codies is working on , I guess it will not need Jon’s vetting.  

4 hours ago, carpa said:

If this news doesn't live up to the expectations we're creating here, the hype train will crash harder than Hirvonen in Finland... 

Hmm... I don't see Mr. The Blocks name or a Monster Energy logo, this photo is false.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, gfRally said:

Congrats!

gossip: Whatever Codies is working on , I guess it will not need Jon’s vetting.  

I don’t see why not - a Junior WRC programme will only require taking a few days off a few times a year - will be interested to see if the livery has any Dirt stickers.

I would be tempted to say “oh look, a Codies employee involved in WRC, interesting...” because it’s the gossip thread, but I’ll refrain.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Could that be Ford FOCUSing? Perhaps in a complete Colin McRae collection sort of way? I see the winky!

Do someone know if the weather setting changes anything at all when in cockpit view? I honestly cant notice a difference when on high or low. Maybe its for hoodview and 3rd person camera?

19 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

when they fix the sound of the skoda fabia wrc ???:classic_sleep:

a) it’s not broken so they can’t fix it

b) we don’t know if a replacement was found since the one they planned to record was sold

9 hours ago, carpa said:

Did he crash because of fog? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

I would be tempted to say “oh look, a Codies employee involved in WRC, interesting...” because it’s the gossip thread, but I’ll refrain.

Is the Jr WRC a different licensing entity?