Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

Event will be whole rally or just one stage? Does anybody know? It would be great to see those colors in Dirt! 
 

not only Oliver, first will come Petter’s livery which is great and looks better than Oliver’s 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Snoopy43 said:

not only Oliver, first will come Petter’s livery which is great and looks better than Oliver’s 😉

I saw that after I posted, but you quoted me before I finished editing my post! :classic_laugh:

I prefer the Petter livery as well, but brilliant to get both in the game. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha, a nice challenge with a good reward. Thanks codies.

Fun though, they are from the WRC, but i think the official WRC game doesn't even have them 😄 

EDIT, another livery that would be great for a challenge is that of Chris Ingram (FIA ERC 2019 champ), because how he managed to finished the season and needed a crowdfuning project for it.

image.thumb.png.dbf5c5d10c36e799df4d9941ad85318b.png

Edited by JorritVD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, tbtstt said:

The '99 (S6) was the first one with a paddle shift @SkyRex. The gearbox was trialled late in '98 and then introduced in '99. It was actually a semi-automatic "H" pattern gearbox (oppose to being a sequential 'box). 

If the early Impreza WRCar comes then it should go into 2000cc as it was far beyond Group A, that said, if the specs are accurate then it's going to be one of the slower cars in class... 

...not that I care, as I'll drive the wheels off it anyway! 

They trialled paddles (or buttons) as far back as the 92 manx rally with Colin driving the Legacy. It messed up though and he had to use the manual shifter, theres a Bbc top gear rally report on youtube of the event. He still smashes everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

thanks for the special livrery 😂 the name of livrery is "frogmaster"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, as you guys know, i am not fast dissapointed about something. But i think I am now.

I haven't played the update yet, but it seems the "Ford Fiesta Rallycross (STARD)" ain't at all the MK7 STARD version.

It's just the OMSE Fiesta what was in DiRT Rally 1, DiRT 4 and also with launch at DiRT Rally 2.0. This car is totally not the STARD car.

See for the Audi S1 and Pug 208 I can understand, they are almost not changed and the same as 2018.

But both the MK8 Fiesta have been updated.

Why not use the Fiesta R5 and change the bodywork for this one. ...

image.png.61752469735cbdead6c97a3413586832.png

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snoopy43 said:

Event will be whole rally or just one stage? Does anybody know? It would be great to see those colors in Dirt! 
 

not only Oliver, first will come Petter’s livery which is great and looks better than Oliver’s 😉

Single Stage I believe.

 

 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tbtstt said:

I think a lot of us would like to see a separate late 90's class if the early Impreza WRCar gets added though, at this point, I think its unlikely as (I assume) moving the Evo VI from Group A would require the leaderboards to be reset. 

That’s why I suggested the car appears in TWO categories, no need to remove it from the Group A leaderboards that way 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jack4688 said:

That’s why I suggested the car appears in TWO categories, no need to remove it from the Group A leaderboards that way 😉

If they did it that way then I'd like to see the Evo VI tweaked slightly to more accurately reflect it's real life Group A-ish counterpart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Matt555 said:

They trialled paddles (or buttons) as far back as the 92 manx rally with Colin driving the Legacy. It messed up though and he had to use the manual shifter, theres a Bbc top gear rally report on youtube of the event. He still smashes everyone!

Yeah, they were running a pneumatic system for a lot of years, but it was unreliable for competition use.

By having a semi-automatic gearbox (functional or not) fitted to the car, the regulations allowed the use of a lighter flywheel, hence why it was left on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KingOfCoins said:

While we're on the topic of new cars. Here is the Clio

 

20200121220422_1.jpg

20200121220443_1.jpg

Did it break down before the first corner? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Year Two: México, Chile, Portugal, Italy, Kenya, Turkey and Japan confirmed! 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Pfei said:

Year Two: México, Chile, Portugal, Italy, Kenya, Turkey and Japan confirmed! 

 

wait what??? I don't seem to understand what is confirmed??

On 9/5/2019 at 5:49 PM, Malling said:

😛

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, badaboum528 said:

wait what??? I don't seem to understand what is confirmed??

 

Everything! 

And... Nothing! 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those would be a nice additional of locations, but I believe these are just names, not actual locations.  I.e same DR locations just renamed/repeated for their particular round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gfRally said:

Those would be a nice additional of locations, but I believe these are just names, not actual locations.  I.e same DR locations just renamed/repeated for their particular round.

We know that. It's just a joke. Because something was confirmed! 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to quietly mention on here, maybe you all have heard about parent company of Autosport forming a games division called Motorsport games.  Well from time to time, I like to check up on our old friends that used to be apart of the DiRT team.  Guess who their creative director is?  None other than our old friend @KickUp.  Along with a number of former Codemasters Employees.   
 

* Please don’t turn this into some kind of debate or whatever, respect that this is Codemasters forum.  But I thought it would be nice to pass along the news.  
 

"Competition whose motive is merely to compete, to drive some other fellow out, never carries very far. The competitor to be feared is one who never bothers about you at all, but goes on making his own business better all the time."

-- Henry Ford

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I am having an off night, but are the tires more fragile after the update?

I have never needed more than one spare, but tonight I had limp in on a rim after already changing a tire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gfRally said:

Just wanted to quietly mention on here, maybe you all have heard about parent company of Autosport forming a games division called Motorsport games.  Well from time to time, I like to check up on our old friends that used to be apart of the DiRT team.  Guess who their creative director is?  None other than our old friend @KickUp.  Along with a number of former Codemasters Employees.   
 

* Please don’t turn this into some kind of debate or whatever, respect that this is Codemasters forum.  But I thought it would be nice to pass along the news.  
 

"Competition whose motive is merely to compete, to drive some other fellow out, never carries very far. The competitor to be feared is one who never bothers about you at all, but goes on making his own business better all the time."

-- Henry Ford

So he's back in GB? 

Is it a game developer? Or just e-sport organizer? Can't get my head around it :classic_blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gfRally said:

Just wanted to quietly mention on here, maybe you all have heard about parent company of Autosport forming a games division called Motorsport games.  Well from time to time, I like to check up on our old friends that used to be apart of the DiRT team.  Guess who their creative director is?  None other than our old friend @KickUp.  Along with a number of former Codemasters Employees.   
 

 

😮😮

paul coleman, not really leave the codemasters . slurp tonk NOICE !!!

7 hours ago, Pfei said:

Year Two: México, Chile, Portugal, Italy, Kenya, Turkey and Japan confirmed! 

 

7 hours ago, Pfei said:

 

 

so the DLC is real ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×