DiRTy Gossip

I’m so excited for these Scottish stages! I haven’t been that far north when I’ve competed on rallies in Scotland, but the stages I have done were awesome! The very last stage we did on the RAC last year had a section known as the M6, which mind of reminded me of the Finland stage leading up to the yellow house jump. It was just flat out if you were brave enough, and seemed to go on forever. I can’t wait to try these stages

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

does Legacy get the Blue SUBARU Livery also?

The non-555 branded Legacies of 1993 (specifically the blue SWRT ones) had this awful replacement of simply ‘SUBARU’ as the only times that the Legacy appeared in a country where tobacco advertising was banned was France - where the anti-tobacco laws are so strict even an image loosely based on the logo but not actually making reference to the brand name is not allowed - before it was replaced by the Impreza. So the swooshes/parenthesis/stars usually seen on non-555 SWRT cars never made it to the Legacy so it would look kinda disappointing 😞

Alternatively there’s Richard Burns and Alister McRae’s 1993 British Championship Elonex livery....

• Like 2

@tbtstt thanks for your diligence in digging up the real story.  AND thanks for being a nerd, the world needs more nerds!  I learn a lot more from nerds than some lemming that just takes everything as truth that is handed to them.   Also, This thread was founded on being a nerd and digging for the real story, even if we go on wild tangents or not.  👍

That being said, since DiRT Rally 2.0 is coming to a close, we have at LEAST 18 months now to speculate, data mine, and interrogate devs about the next game.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, mats27 said:

Secret one is the best one @EvansR5

Hitting a spectator should obviously be one, but I'm not certain the moral issues allows it.. :classic_tongue:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, mats27 said:

Secret one is the best one @EvansR5

3 hours ago, EvansR5 said:

Oh yes it is ;)))))))))))))))

We all gonna die trying it 😅

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bogani said:

Hitting a spectator should obviously be one, but I'm not certain the moral issues allows it.. :classic_tongue:

Interesting that the video is titled "Rally New Zealand 98 Leg 1". Is there more footage where he hits leg 2? I'm talking about the stages.

33 minutes ago, Birdman44 said:

The mother of the idiots is always pregnant. I will never stop stressing what are people doing 20 cms from a cars racing track.
It is just unacceptable and an insult to human intelligence.

Edited by koog2003

@dani211212 I understand you can be a rally fanatic and really like to go there and see it yourself. I understand the adrenaline and the emotions perfectly.
What I don't understand is how people do not get the simple concept that human life worth more than emotions. You cannot deny how incredibly unsafe the place those spectators are is. 
Then also think about the drivers. You killed a man because someone is so stupid to put himself in the middle of your racing track. The driver has to live all his life with that nightmare and the idea he killed someone. 

I dont think I am being absurd or exaggerated here. Human life safety has to be the priority.

Edited by koog2003

2 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

@dani211212 I understand you can be a rally fanatic and really like to go there and see it yourself. I understand the adrenaline and the emotions perfectly.
What I don't understand is how people do not get the simple concept that human life worth more than emotions. You cannot deny how incredibly unsafe the place those spectators are is. 
Then also think about the drivers. You killed a man because someone is so stupid to put himself in the middle of your racing track. The driver has to live all his life with that nightmare and the idea he killed someone. 

I dont think I am being absurd or exaggerated here. Human life safety has to be the priority.

First off, i agree some way with you, I know that's dangerous what did they, but you did said things that are inappropriate, i did dislike because it was to Harsh, too much gore.. You know, Kids do read this forum. What picture will You give them with your comments!? to call some one I....? i am removing Dislike, but please edit little your text, to be more friendly :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

First off, i agree some way with you, I know that's dangerous what did they, but you did said things that are inappropriate, i did dislike because it was to Harsh, too much gore.. You know, Kids do read this forum. What picture will You give them with your comments!? to call some one I....? i am removing Dislike, but please edit little your text, to be more friendly 🙂

Done. Sorry to have been too direct. You are totally right kids read that. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

We all gonna die trying it 😅

Is it trying to roll the Focus as many times as Colin did? 😄

There should definitely be an award for crossing the finish with all four wheels off the ground. So far, at Rockton Plains, I've managed to do that in spectacular fashion!

Rolling after the finish in Finland should be a "Burnsie" achievment :classic_biggrin:

4 hours ago, gfRally said:

@tbtstt Also, This thread was founded on being a nerd and digging for the real story, even if we go on wild tangents or not.  👍

Damn right @gfRally: every day is a learning day! 

3 hours ago, dani211212 said:

First off, i agree some way with you, I know that's dangerous what did they, but you did said things that are inappropriate ... i am removing Dislike, but please edit little your text, to be more friendly 🙂

3 hours ago, koog2003 said:

Done. Sorry to have been too direct. You are totally right kids read that. 

Quick off-topic to say stuff like this is why this forum is an enjoyable place to be - in too many corners of the internet you don't find this 🙂

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Like 5
  • Agree 3

19 hours ago, gfRally said:

That being said, since DiRT Rally 2.0 is coming to a close, we have at LEAST 18 months now to speculate, data mine, and interrogate devs about the next game.

Ok then first of all, if the Late 90's Impreza WRC will come back for a DiRT 5 or DR 3.0 like we will get it now in 1 month for DR 2.0. Please let it it be the 97/early 98 version instead of 98/99 version.

And it should look like this, exactly like in first CMR game. ❤️

10479102_1584370815117770_2661412709490168939_o.jpg

Edited by KryspaPL

On 1/29/2020 at 9:29 PM, RookieOne said:

Are we supposed to swear Solberg style or McRae style ?

Both! 😅 But if we will be in Scotland, then only McRae style. 🙂

@PJTierney

Do you know if the “convertible” car bug where the car looks like a transformer halfway through transforming will ever be resolved? 

Edited by Pieman99

7 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

will the “convertible” car bug where the car looks like a transformer halfway through transforming ever be resolved? 

That’s not a bug, that was part of the Transformers class that came with season 2

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pieman99 said:

will the “convertible” car bug where the car looks like a transformer halfway through transforming ever be resolved? 

Boo, I feel left out. Never had that bug. Bugger!!

25 minutes ago, cafe5150 said:

Boo, I feel left out. Never had that bug. Bugger!!

Haha what platform are you on? 

i’m on ps4, i get it more than ever on Career rally. Maybe once every 15 stages. 

On 1/29/2020 at 4:48 PM, ianism said:

of course it's normal distribution. that's my point. people go "oh, creating content is easy and cheap." but they forget the big picture. you have to constantly produce stuff that is going to keep revenue coming in, and to do that it takes a lot more than just the money that goes directly into the creation. you need to pay marketing, legal, PR, community managers, distribution etc etc etc.

if you don't create content that people don't want to pay for, quite soon you won't be able to keep making content.

Sure, that's true, but CM do all stuff so it's much cheaper than buying car like other racing games.

It depends, good rally is always welcomed. It's not for millions but who cares about casuals 😄 If you tell exactly where the money goes, it's fine then. CM tries to do normal casual stuff from DR2 which can't work because it's not for them. You shouldn't do sales, you shouldn't have cheap price, you should care about day one buyers and pre-order players and other things. Then it's fine, because new DR could have HC fan simulator status and tbtstt will be part of the CM team 😄

For casuals is Dirt and for HC fans should be DR. I very doubt there is no market for HC rally sim.

12 hours ago, Pieman99 said:

Haha what platform are you on? 

i’m on ps4, i get it more than ever on Career rally. Maybe once every 15 stages. 

PS4, never happened to me. 

Might call Optimus Prime later because I kind of want to try that bug