DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

16 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I'm just glad I'm not the only one with a celeb crush on Aniston.

The fact that you even THOUGHT to be the only one with a celeb crush on Aniston amazes me. 

tenor.gif

(besides, I never thought I'd see Friends' GIFS in the Gossip Thread but I guess nothing is impossible here) 

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

9 hours ago, Tigron said:

Since GRX Taneco pilots took 4th an 5th place in 2019 World RX Driver Standings.

IMG_0775.jpg?w=2048

I think it is a fair argument to say one of their cars should have won the Championship last year. I blame Niclas appendix. 

• Agree 2

*hoping for both the 2018 and 2019 i20 RXs as well as the R5* (and don't forget the Nitiss and Heikkinen liveries)

however, I suspect that Gronholm is like us: he likes Dirt, and wants his car(s) in the game. and that's it.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I think I was jinxed at the Official Club Event at Wales. After being unlucky all event long, my car gave up after a jump (when landed it has a bit of strange slowdown). Pretty disappointing, as it probably has a big influence on my position aswell in the standings. I was 22nd. 

Well at least you got further into the event than I did @JorritVD: less than 10 corners into the first stage and I badly overestimated my corner speed and threw my Fiesta straight off the side of a hill. I probably could have carried on, but I was so annoyed that I rage quit! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Well at least you got further into the event than I did @JorritVD: less than 10 corners into the first stage and I badly overestimated my corner speed and threw my Fiesta straight off the side of a hill. I probably could have carried on, but I was so annoyed that I rage quit! :classic_laugh:

We should call this "The Wales effect" ! This rally is really tricky.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

We should call this "The Wales effect" ! This rally is really tricky.

I knew I shouldn't have started the rally so late, but I thought I was awake enough to at least finish a stage or two before I threw my car at the scenery! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

I was so annoyed that I rage quit!

"I didn't quit, I just bravely ran away."

• Haha 3

On 2/21/2020 at 12:01 AM, JZStudios said:

I'm just glad I'm not the only one with a celeb crush on Aniston.

image.png.030c955b9945b292329cc39e68839614.png

Even Jennifer Aniston (she is still hot af btw !) is getting older like the rest of the humans. That's why I am not anymore "excited" with people like Claudia Schiffer or Cindy Crawford 🙂

Edited by koog2003
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 12:06 AM, PJTierney said:

Image result for hmm gif

When DiRT Topic goes into > how all love Jennifer Aniston 😅

• Haha 3

Also i invite you to check my post and suggestions for future CM Rally Games (I hope DiRT titles again) 😉

3 hours ago, somethingthing said:

Why no weekly AI challenge with rally this week?

because sometimes it's an RX event.... the algorithm just picks random stuff. it's rally like 90% of the time, but not 100%.

Ok very important questions need to be answered: @PJTierney what time will the Flatout pack go live on the 24th? I need to know what days to take off of work and going live at 00:00 UTC on the 24th is very different than 12:00 UTC on the 24th for someone who lives on the other side of the pond :classic_laugh:

And another important question... should I do a stream giveaway to help build up some DR2 hype that day 🤔

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Rumor has it, that Oculus Store buyers are finally going to get some DLC love with the Flat Out pack,  is that actually going to happen on the 24 of March 2020?

16 minutes ago, NateFink said:

Rumor has it, that Oculus Store buyers are finally going to get some DLC love with the Flat Out pack,  is that actually going to happen on the 24 of March 2020?

That's the plan.

Details to be confirmed/announced but we're aiming for Oculus players to experience Colin same time as everyone else 😉 

• Like 3

On 2/20/2020 at 7:42 AM, bogani said:

What if the Hyundai deal with the WRC8 devs was a timed exclusive and it's now green light to add both the R5 and RX Hyundai? :classic_blink:

On 2/20/2020 at 9:01 AM, bogani said:

The tease from Grönholm RX as well as Pj's reaction pretty much confirms the RX version at least imo. 

I'm 100% certain the i20 R5 would be in game if they didn't get restricted by the WRC8/Hyundai deal. 

What Hyundai - WRC8 deal!? i searched for info of exclusive deal , but cant find anything? or is it just pure speculation?

if you mean this deal from 2016 and for E-sports only

https://www.bigben-interactive.co.uk/hyundai-motor-company-become-the-major-partnership-for-the-espots-wrc-championship/

i dont see any Car exclusive deal here, as Dirt 4 got I20 r5..

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

i dont see any Car exclusive deal here, as Dirt 4 got I20 r5..

I can't remember the specifics, but I recall licensing talk about the i20 in DiRT 4 at the time. 

I recall there being some complaints about the i20 R5 only being available as a pre-order bonus. I am sure Paul said something about the i20 only coming to the game because it was a pre-order bonus: it wouldn't have been in otherwise. 

Possibly a coincidence (and/or I am missing some details from what I am remembering there), but perhaps Hyundai are more particular when it comes to the inclusion of cars? 

Irrespective, I really hope we get to see at least one version of the i20 make it to DR2.0! 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I can't remember the specifics, but I recall licensing talk about the i20 in DiRT 4 at the time. 

I recall there being some complaints about the i20 R5 only being available as a pre-order bonus. I am sure Paul said something about the i20 only coming to the game because it was a pre-order bonus: it wouldn't have been in otherwise. 

Possibly a coincidence (and/or I am missing some details from what I am remembering there), but perhaps Hyundai are more particular when it comes to the inclusion of cars? 

Irrespective, I really hope we get to see at least one version of the i20 make it to DR2.0! 

No 🙂 , You remembered it wrong, there was talk just, about pre-order Car, as there was much negativity reaction from fans when they learned about Hyundai for pre order bonus. then Paul said that i20 was extra Car, the Team pushed for one more Car as Pre-order bonus. there was never talk about exclusive or other kind of deal, sadly can't find that post, as it's from old forum times..

Edit : found @tbtstt 

Kick up said in  March 3, 2017 on page 661: 

"5) I might get in trouble for saying this last point but here we go. Our publishers asked us to give them a car that they could use for Pre-Orders. Rather than taking a car from our existing list we pushed to get a new car added and that was the Hyundai. The Hyundai was not going to be in the game until Koch pushed us to add it, so it really is a bonus car and is the fourth R5 car. 

I get that people don't like it and as a consumer I sit firmly in that camp too but I hope this goes some way to explaining some of the reasons for it
. "

Edited by dani211212
  • Like 3

Ah, well done @dani211212: I knew there was something going on with that car, couldn't exactly remember what! 👍

• Like 1