DiRTy Gossip

Most likely yes, no setup or service. Should make it an even playing field. 
I guess you still can exit the stage if you F up and have another go? So no restarts is a truth with modification.

bogani said:
I guess you still can exit the stage if you F up and have another go? So no restarts is a truth with modification.
Perhaps if you Alt + F4 it. I have done that before, but for 128 stages, what's the point? You're car will still be ruined by the end!

Benniz said:
No service areas meaning no setups or no repairs?
I should hope we'll get a chance to tweak the car setup before beginning the first stage, but after that no service so no setup tweaking for the upcoming stages and no repairs either... kind of makes it almost pointless to have changed the set-up at the start to begin with, though.

128 stages w/o stopping sounds damn near impossible! If anyone manages to make it to the end, I suspect they'll be crawling over that finish line before promptly rejoicing far too loudly and then getting told off by the neighbours... I'm getting excited just thinking about it. Not sure if I'll take part myself, but to everyone who is definitely competing, good luck. You're gonna need it.

Oh, and remember, Don't Cut. Be Brave.

bogani said:
Perhaps if you Alt + F4 it. I have done that before, but for 128 stages, what's the point? You're car will still be ruined by the end!
It is 8 events with 16 stages per event, so technically you get 8 services across the 128 stages. If you crash out, you can come back in the next week.

Unless they have settings that normal leagues don't have that is.

Going to try to run it even tho I don't have a snowballs chance in hell at scoring points in any event hah!

bogani said:
I just figure it works like the monthly/weekly's. If you pause and exit the stage after an off you can just load it again and you will have another go on the same stage, no need to start over from the first stage of the event. But maybe I'm wrong?

Well, managed to finish the first 16 stages in one go with the car still running but had the engine light on and the brakes squeaking after half of the stages without crashing. Hoping the car gets fixed for the next 16 stages...
Picked up a puncture too on Sweet Lamb but overall the time is ok.

bogani said:
bogani said:
I just figure it works like the monthly/weekly's. If you pause and exit the stage after an off you can just load it again and you will have another go on the same stage, no need to start over from the first stage of the event. But maybe I'm wrong?
Never played a super hardcore league before? You can't even take a pause between stages in this league. 16 with no 'saves and quits' after starting or you're done. Not gonna risk myself with an Alt+F4 test.
 This one was fun, except Wales. Default setup, oh boy.

It sucks to hear someone leaving :|
Seeya Lee, things wouldn't be the same without you.

Snaky115 said:
bogani said:
bogani said:
Never played a super hardcore league before? You can't even take a pause between stages in this league. 16 with no 'saves and quits' after starting or you're done. Not gonna risk myself with an Alt+F4 test.
 This one was fun, except Wales. Default setup, oh boy.
Nice! Being cautios taking the car to the finish actually makes sense then. That's what I'm not fond of when it comes to the weekly/monthly where you can can run each stage as many times as you want til your satisfied.

The next event is in the Integrale, so it isn't as difficult as I thought. I finished and am happy I made it at all, but now I'm thinking I could have pushed a little harder had I known that.

I started this league this morning before work, but had to Alt+F4 after SS2 to making it into my office. Will I be able to continue on SS3 or have I ruined my chance?

hopefully you cant alt f4 for those that are doing it correctly as it is such a massive thing to finish.would be a shame if all the alt f4 boys rule .

I agree! I was just stupid who didn't understand that you possibly couldn't continue after exiting after a finished stage :)

well I came in t say good bye but see you've already moved on and forgot about me :P 

Seriously though, thank you for everything guys and all the messages - I spent most of yesterday trying to get it together and knew if I swung by I'd go into a full on breakdown.

You guys were never a job, I always saw you as fans of the same things as me and I consider many of you friends.

Help @Kickup and @Hatward push this thing across the line for me - I'll be here lurking :)

Benniz said:
I agree! I was just stupid who didn't understand that you possibly couldn't continue after exiting after a finished stage :)
Let us know if it worked or you got a DNF.

Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Bevan (Dnote), a Product Manager in the publishing team here at Codies. I've created a new thread with a little bit of information, given the current situation.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/20359/community-managers-next-steps

Thanks,

Snaky115 said:
Never played a super hardcore league before? You can't even take a pause between stages in this league. 16 with no 'saves and quits' after starting or you're done.
No sleep 'til Hammerstein.

dwkGravey said:
Snaky115 said:
Never played a super hardcore league before? You can't even take a pause between stages in this league. 16 with no 'saves and quits' after starting or you're done.
No sleep 'til Hammerstein.

I made the mistake of starting it at 11:30pm... I was rather late to bed. 

well I came in t say good bye but see you've already moved on and forgot about me :P 

Seriously though, thank you for everything guys and all the messages - I spent most of yesterday trying to get it together and knew if I swung by I'd go into a full on breakdown.

You guys were never a job, I always saw you as fans of the same things as me and I consider many of you friends.

Help @Kickup and @Hatward push this thing across the line for me - I'll be here lurking :)
Lee, again, thank you for all you have done helping to bring us the rally sim we have been waiting for for 10 years.  I can't thank you enough.  I hope you stick around and continue to play DR, and if you ever want a good league to race in we have a great one at CMS.  Everyone is welcome to join!

http://cmsracing.com/champion/forums/press-rallysport-cms-rally-league-68/cms-dirt-rally-championship-season-1-a-27550/

That's not what it said, it said some of the social media or interaction might be delayed or less than what we've become accustomed to, so we'll have to wait and see on that front.