DiRTy Gossip

Off topic, but I had an awesome weekend rallying in Wales this weekend gone. Thought I'd share this video of another crew who didn't have such a good time...

https://youtu.be/7ZUB33IIUSg

Off topic, but I had an awesome weekend rallying in Wales this weekend gone. Thought I'd share this video of another crew who didn't have such a good time...

https://youtu.be/7ZUB33IIUSg
  sry but I just had to slightly laugh on their second moment.  any damage? yeah ! brakes gone! boom !
lol
feel sry for them though

The 'less glorious' side of Rally driving. Thanks for the video! It makes me feel like I could do ok if I could get out there, but I am sure that it is harder than it looks. It was pretty amazing how it looked like they are going so slow until something goes awry, then it looks 'too fast! too fast!'.

I'd prefer them to let Raceroom use it first, but the more the merrier.

Anyway, anyone care to interpret this, on the subject of the two cars in the Finland pack:

KickUp said:
New cars will be in their own class and set up with v2. 
My guess would be the year 2000 class with a mitsubishi as one of the cars, why? lots of zeros in "2000" + that mitsubishi made the ww2 zero fighter.
;)

Skroxs said:
I'd prefer them to let Raceroom use it first, but the more the merrier.

Anyway, anyone care to interpret this, on the subject of the two cars in the Finland pack:

KickUp said:
New cars will be in their own class and set up with v2. 
My guess would be the year 2000 class with a mitsubishi as one of the cars, why? lots of zeros in "2000" + that mitsubishi made the ww2 zero fighter.
;)
  myth busted ! Wow Im sure you cracked the -  until now secret - car release logic of Codies on DR  :-)

WasabiWei said:
The 'less glorious' side of Rally driving. Thanks for the video! It makes me feel like I could do ok if I could get out there, but I am sure that it is harder than it looks. It was pretty amazing how it looked like they are going so slow until something goes awry, then it looks 'too fast! too fast!'.
Yeah the camera is a bit deceptive of how fast you are actually going in these small cars. We hit 90mph at times on this rally in a 1.4 litre!

made me think, because we lost our brakes halfway through a 12 mile stage, and I was encouraging my dad (driver) to carry on. We made it through, but could have gone badly!

Gossip?

https://instagram.com/p/7X-QFbRcRa/                                                                                 

Well, I guess that's nailed on then. And would make sense for it to be partnered with either a Focus (McRae/Sainz) or a Lancer (Makinen). I'm inclined to think the former is more likely and would cause less confusion as to whether it should be in Group A or this new category.

So for the classes then, I'm a little confused and welcoming further speculation. The Modern Masters pack claims it will introduce a new class, so would that be a late 2000s class? Or something else?

I would rather have the 98-99 Impreza WRC than the ugly frog but that is quite similar to the one we already have. I would love to have the Focus WRC but no rally game is complete without a Mitsubishi Lancer(unless licensing prevents it).

I'm really eager to try out these new cars as they are V2's. I also hope that the current 2010's will feel more alive with new physics.

The Modern Masters pack claims it will introduce a new class, so would that be a late 2000s class? Or something else?
Perhaps it refers to the R-class in general, by which modern rally cars are divided and categorized (R1, R2, R3, R4, R5, WRC)

When is Finland update planned to? By the end of the month?
I imagine its going to be a bit of a BIG update so it may be off the schedule a little.  Before @justbiglee he gathered the wish list ideas into those that are possible and "you want what??" pile (i am adding this bit but its common sense) some of this may roll into this update.  

Also don't be disappointed that this is a quieter update, again without Lee/twitch/wizard of oz/etc.  Besides we just turned into the 2nd week of Sept there are a couple to go before we start pacing impatiently :)  

Eugh, not really into those round headlights. Welp, I think the chance for an Evo might be slipping away...
Would've been fine if it was the Impreza N12 ported from DiRT 3.

dbs213 said:
Eugh, not really into those round headlights. Welp, I think the chance for an Evo might be slipping away...
I quite like that spec Impreza WRC. Those headlights definitely made it look better than the road going version. 

dbs213 said:
I quite like that spec Impreza WRC. Those headlights definitely made it look better less awful than the road going version. 
Edited for accuracy. 

bogani said:
I would rather have the 98-99 Impreza WRC than the ugly frog but that is quite similar to the one we already have. I would love to have the Focus WRC but no rally game is complete without a Mitsubishi Lancer(unless licensing prevents it).

I'm really eager to try out these new cars as they are V2's. I also hope that the current 2010's will feel more alive with new physics.
  well said  ! I hope Codies reads your post over and over again, especially row 3.
A Mitsubishi LANCER is missing badly. No rally sim is a complete Rally Sim without a Lancer. period.

edit: in general I think the "old" Grp N class would be nice to have in the game..or at least the suceeded R4 class...

Pls give us an Evo 9 Grp N/R4 and/or Impreza Sti WRX R4

Who knows? Maybe this 'Zero' car @KickUp spoke of, this car that @justbiglee tweeted and the Lancer are all one and the same... perhaps we'll get an Evo with a (real or fictional) Safety Car livery or something... hmmm.....

789ifyz said:
Who knows? Maybe this 'Zero' car @KickUp spoke of, this car that @justbiglee tweeted and the Lancer are all one and the same... perhaps we'll get an Evo with a (real or fictional) Safety Car livery or something... hmmm.....
Or maybe we won't get a lancer or any car from that era at all? 

Maybe, but a guy can dream, right?

Anyway, I'm really hoping to find that Colin's Focus and Makinen's Lancer or Burns' 206 find their way into the game at some point.

One of McRae's Focus will make it to the game due time.Possibly the 2001 version so if they add the already teased Lancer Evo6.5 plus the S11 Impreza peolpe can recreate the last great battle for a WRC drivers crown.

What about Dacia Sandero? Why not giving much attention to such glorious car?

#GoodNews

Even San Andreas has it...