Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

A small real life clip with Lancer 6.5 and Focus RS WRC 06 was posted here about 2 months ago..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
macebig said:
A small real life clip with Lancer 6.5 and Focus RS WRC 06 was posted here about 2 months ago..
Yes, the one with Makinen. Well, it is a gossip material for the upcoming update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
I would rather have the 98-99 Impreza WRC than the ugly frog but that is quite similar to the one we already have. I would love to have the Focus WRC but no rally game is complete without a Mitsubishi Lancer(unless licensing prevents it).

I'm really eager to try out these new cars as they are V2's. I also hope that the current 2010's will feel more alive with new physics.
While I understand that, as an English studio it would be nice to see Richard Burns' championship winning car represented.
Nothing to do with RBR or any kind of knock at that or it's most... dedicated supporters, but because he was England's only WRC champion, a good man and taken from us far too soon through no fault of his own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrySkye said:
bogani said:
I would rather have the 98-99 Impreza WRC than the ugly frog but that is quite similar to the one we already have. I would love to have the Focus WRC but no rally game is complete without a Mitsubishi Lancer(unless licensing prevents it).

I'm really eager to try out these new cars as they are V2's. I also hope that the current 2010's will feel more alive with new physics.
While I understand that, as an English studio it would be nice to see Richard Burns' championship winning car represented.
Nothing to do with RBR or any kind of knock at that or it's most... dedicated supporters, but because he was England's only WRC champion, a good man and taken from us far too soon through no fault of his own.

Yep, I did consider that too. It's understandable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It would be really ironic if the Subaru Impreza WRC '99  from Richard Burns will be in the game ( refering to Richard Burns Rally) 
If it comes out with the Ford Focus from Colin McRae rally 2 and 3 that would be really awesome!

It will bring 2 legends in rally and in rallygames together in the awesome rallygame ever....
Both are gone,... but will never NEVER! be forgotten,...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
although it seems that the already teased Impreza WRC 01/02 will be next Subaru in the Sim (still very happy with that ! ) ... it would be a dream come true to have the earlier and much more famous 22B WRC sooner or later in DR , ... shown here the San Remo Winner car with the awesome 1998 season livery.  Imo, one of the most good looking  rally cars of all time and iirc the promoted "star car" of the first Colin Mc Rae Rally game.

 




Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
although it seems that the already teased Impreza WRC 01/02 will be next Subaru in the Sim (still very happy with that ! ) ... it would be a dream come true to have the earlier and much more famous 22B WRC sooner or later in DR , ... shown here the San Remo Winner car with the awesome 1998 season livery.  Imo, one of the most good looking  rally cars of all time and iirc the promoted "star car" of the first Colin Mc Rae Rally game.

 




Everyone is sick of me saying it... but that's not a 22B.  ;)

(It is one of best looking rally cars of all time though)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ha,ha weird no one corrected me on the previous post.S11 Impreza is the 2005 car and the 2001 car is the S7.22B is the production version the WRC car is S5...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm not sick of it mate, these people need to be put right ;)
Well, can't wait to hear the correction by you guys then  ;)
@macebig is on the right line @GroupBFanatic . One more time, here is my 22B/Impreza WRC post...

Prodrive used a "S" number to designate the various generations of Impreza World Rally Car they built. The '97-'98 World Rally Car was the S4, the '99 World Rally Car was S5, the '00 World Rally Car was S6... you get the idea. (Prodrive also used a similar system for their Group N cars, except they are identified by an "N" prefix, not an "S"). The only exception to the rule is the 2007 Impreza WRC, which was identified as the S12b WRC (rather than S13 as you would expect). The Japanese are a superstitious bunch and so Prodrive avoided the number with their car designation! 

The 22B was a road car released in 1998 and designed to emulate the look of the 1997/1998 Impreza World Rally Car. The two door, wide arch, Impreza World Rally Cars were on stages for well over a year before the 22B hit showrooms and its name is actually homage to the rally car: "22B" is hexdecimal for "555". 

There is a lot of confusion between the 22B and the World Rally Cars of the era. This is compounded by the fact that there are a huge number of online articles about the 22B that contain incorrect information. 

Officially there were 424 22B's (400 for the JDM, 24 for export). Of the 24 export cars, 16 were for the UK, 5 for Australia and 3 were prototypes. As with a lot of Subaru limited edition runs though, some of the numbers are a little hazy. It was originally stated that there were three #000 prototype cars (which were given to Colin McRae, Nicky Grist and David Lapworth), however a #000 was recently identified in the STI Mitaka showroom, which implies there were four #000 cars (I have subsequently read that David Lapworth actually got #400, but that's not been verified). 

The 22B came with a 2.2L engine: WRC regulations of the era limited cars to 2.0L so, by its very nature, the 22B couldn't be a rally car. Incidentally, although they look similar, the S4 WRC and 22B have different panels. If you look at the two side-by-side you can see it, it's most noticeable around the front end and rear arches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
More gossip? 

https://instagram.com/p/7dgyZCRcUC/

                                                                              

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
I'm not sick of it mate, these people need to be put right ;)
Well, can't wait to hear the correction by you guys then  ;)
@macebig is on the right line @GroupBFanatic . One more time, here is my 22B/Impreza WRC post...

Prodrive used a "S" number to designate the various generations of Impreza World Rally Car they built. The '97-'98 World Rally Car was the S4, the '99 World Rally Car was S5, the '00 World Rally Car was S6... you get the idea. (Prodrive also used a similar system for their Group N cars, except they are identified by an "N" prefix, not an "S"). The only exception to the rule is the 2007 Impreza WRC, which was identified as the S12b WRC (rather than S13 as you would expect). The Japanese are a superstitious bunch and so Prodrive avoided the number with their car designation! 

The 22B was a road car released in 1998 and designed to emulate the look of the 1997/1998 Impreza World Rally Car. The two door, wide arch, Impreza World Rally Cars were on stages for well over a year before the 22B hit showrooms and its name is actually homage to the rally car: "22B" is hexdecimal for "555". 

There is a lot of confusion between the 22B and the World Rally Cars of the era. This is compounded by the fact that there are a huge number of online articles about the 22B that contain incorrect information. 

Officially there were 424 22B's (400 for the JDM, 24 for export). Of the 24 export cars, 16 were for the UK, 5 for Australia and 3 were prototypes. As with a lot of Subaru limited edition runs though, some of the numbers are a little hazy. It was originally stated that there were three #000 prototype cars (which were given to Colin McRae, Nicky Grist and David Lapworth), however a #000 was recently identified in the STI Mitaka showroom, which implies there were four #000 cars (I have subsequently read that David Lapworth actually got #400, but that's not been verified). 

The 22B came with a 2.2L engine: WRC regulations of the era limited cars to 2.0L so, by its very nature, the 22B couldn't be a rally car. Incidentally, although they look similar, the S4 WRC and 22B have different panels. If you look at the two side-by-side you can see it, it's most noticeable around the front end and rear arches.

You need to just put this in your signature :wink: @tbtstt , Professor Subaru LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
One more time, here is my 22B/Impreza WRC post...

Prodrive used a "S" number to designate the various generations of Impreza World Rally Car they built. The '97-'98 World Rally Car was the S4, the '99 World Rally Car was S5, the '00 World Rally Car was S6... you get the idea. (Prodrive also used a similar system for their Group N cars, except they are identified by an "N" prefix, not an "S"). The only exception to the rule is the 2007 Impreza WRC, which was identified as the S12b WRC (rather than S13 as you would expect). The Japanese are a superstitious bunch and so Prodrive avoided the number with their car designation! 

The 22B was a road car released in 1998 and designed to emulate the look of the 1997/1998 Impreza World Rally Car. The two door, wide arch, Impreza World Rally Cars were on stages for well over a year before the 22B hit showrooms and its name is actually homage to the rally car: "22B" is hexdecimal for "555". 

There is a lot of confusion between the 22B and the World Rally Cars of the era. This is compounded by the fact that there are a huge number of online articles about the 22B that contain incorrect information. 

Officially there were 424 22B's (400 for the JDM, 24 for export). Of the 24 export cars, 16 were for the UK, 5 for Australia and 3 were prototypes. As with a lot of Subaru limited edition runs though, some of the numbers are a little hazy. It was originally stated that there were three #000 prototype cars (which were given to Colin McRae, Nicky Grist and David Lapworth), however a #000 was recently identified in the STI Mitaka showroom, which implies there were four #000 cars (I have subsequently read that David Lapworth actually got #400, but that's not been verified). 

The 22B came with a 2.2L engine: WRC regulations of the era limited cars to 2.0L so, by its very nature, the 22B couldn't be a rally car. Incidentally, although they look similar, the S4 WRC and 22B have different panels. If you look at the two side-by-side you can see it, it's most noticeable around the front end and rear arches.
thx for the correction and interesting read !
as KickUp seems to be quite the same way impressed as i am, I hope the "S4 WRC" makes it into the sim some day to remember us every day that its not a 22B  :wink: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
More gossip? 

https://instagram.com/p/7dgyZCRcUC/

                                                                              
   look at the left side of the picture ! I can see another  98 "S4 WRC"  there as well !

 -----> Part of the teaser or just incidently on the pic...we dont know yet :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hey,thats a 2001 Focus painted in 2002 colors.Oh,I hate it when companies use newer liveries instead of historically accurate ones...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I really hope that atleast one of the legend cars that come with finland pack, would have something to do with one of the great flying finns.
i think it would be weird otherwise and not only because as you know usually in Rally Finland it's an native who sets the pace. (Before those two french masters came atleast). Finns have been always synonymous with rally.

Mäkinen or grönholm livery would be great or just even relevant cars. 

this post to be about gossip,
didn't that video include not only Mäkinen but Grönholm in his ford... thats what i remember

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TuliRally said:
I really hope that atleast one of the legend cars that come with finland pack, would have something to do with one of the great flying finns.

I could have sworn it was mentioned by the devs that 2 cars are coming with the Finland pack that have the V2 physics.  Finland and refined physics.... can't wait!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
griev0r said:
TuliRally said:
I really hope that atleast one of the legend cars that come with finland pack, would have something to do with one of the great flying finns.

I could have sworn it was mentioned by the devs that 2 cars are coming with the Finland pack that have the V2 physics.  Finland and refined physics.... can't wait!!
I think you are right . I just hope that those cars are related to finnish drivers :smiley: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×