DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I thought for sure it'd be either the Focus or 206 of Grönholm seeing how he dominated Rally Finland.

If they put the 306 in the game without the 206 or 06/07 Focus, there will be riots.  >:)

Edit: correction from sleepiness.

bogani said:
More gossip? 

https://instagram.com/p/7dgyZCRcUC/

First the #tbt, then the same thing with a DiRT Rally logo and now this... the focus is pretty much confirmed at this point, but what about the car next to it, on the car's right, our/cameraman's left...

Alright let's speculate. I think that the cars that are included in the Sweden update will be in the same class as the cars from the Finland update.

September. Of which there are two long, long weeks left!

OK, so let's have a go at invoking some speculating.....

Pt1, cars:

So let's agree that the two cars in the Finland pack are two from the Ford Focus, Subaru Impreza (I won't get caught up asking what it is, the 2001-2 model) and the Mitsubishi Lancer, but probably the former two.

If that was the case, what would the category be? 2000s? But if that were the case, what might the 'new class' that is referenced in the Modern Masters pack be?

I'd have fingers crossed for S2000s, but that would seem unlikely or I suspect the Fiat and Peugeot models from DiRT 3 would have made an appearance by now.

2015, as referenced on the timeline? Would seem unlikely as it would make more sense to include those with the 2010s class.

Also, how far back might Modern Masters go? Is there still hope for a Group A Mitsubishi Lancer or would that be too 'classic' now? Could it be some of the R classes like R5, R4, R3, R2? Would seem like a lot of work to get the appropriate cars for each of these classes, especially as I'd assume there will be around 5 or 6 cars in the whole Modern Pack.

And what about the two Renaults, the A110 and the Renault 5? Have we lost all hope of a deal being done for the inclusion of these?

Perhaps Paul can give us a hint, or say whether there will be manufacturers included who we haven't seen cars from yet?

PtII - Stages

OK, so general consensus seems to be Vargasen for Sweden and a section of Ouninpohja for Finland. I had a quick go at matching the pacenotes being read out to a section of the stage and was struggling to find a match, but now I'm thinking that it might have been a reverse section in the Periscope video.

Does anyone have a recording of it? I have a vague memory and am wondering if it was a reverse section starting near the Kakaristo junction and including the junction at Mutanen.

Anyone care to pick up that baton....?

Ooh, one thing I did want to ask: are licensing deals arranged for the cars that will be included in the Finland, Modern and Sweden packs? If so, were they signed off at the time of the timeline being written?

renault 5 where art thou ? :)

if both the ford focus and scooby are added then thats fine by me. a mitsu of somekind would also be great but not expecting it.

finland to me is probably the biggest thing to be added to the game apart from the fabled mp inclusion in to rally (if it ever happens !)

what is the deal with the possibility of steamworks being added so mods and such may happen ?

Anyone attending EGX? http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/23919/egx-the-nec-birmingham-24-27#latest

The last time we heard about the number of cars in production, it was "over 15" and that value included the new rallycross cars. So take the 6 rallycross cars out of there and you have 9 or, to be more precise since the value is over 15, around 11-12 cars for rally (I know there's still hillclimb, but I don't see new stuff coming to over there, considering they plan to make all rally cars usable in hillclimb too). Now, it's likely the number of cars in the production pipeline has increased since then, so we could actually be looking at something like 15-16 new cars at this point. If it is indeed only 2 cars in the next update, then we should have about 9-10 left at the lowest and 13-14 or more if they've been gathering licenses.

So let's see:
Group N or R4: 2 cars,  a Mitsubishi and a Subaru
R1 to R3: 3 cars: Ford R2, Peugeot R2 and Citroen R3T maybe.
R5: 3 cars: Fiesta R5, 208 T16 R5 and DS3 R5
WRC 2015: 3 cars: Fiesta RS 2015, DS3 and Polo R
Others: Xsara WRC, 206 WRC, Lancer VI WRC + Two classic Renaults.
(cars above based on manufacturers either hinted or already included, therefore more likely)

I estimate around 17 cars remaining for rally, about the same number the game launched with.
Call me an optimist but I don't think that with 3 rally updates worth of content till the end that the licensing department is completely done.

Hello all!

So post-justbiglee Gossip era has began...  When @justbiglee gets off the NFS and Star Wars games he'd be welcomed with open arms over in the DiRTy Gossip :)

Life's been pretty busy lately so I haven't been able to play at all, but with Finland on the way I better dust of my G27

I also have Oculus Rift DK2 borrow from a guy at work, but I can't get it work on Win 10! GHrrrr! I really want to see what this VR fuss is about, especially with DiRT Rally as that's a sort of a game I want to play in the future.

I wish I could join in the speculation as to what cars will be coming out in the Finland pack, but I know too much...

But with the year 2001 already revealed and previous hints the choice is limited :D