DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

dgeesi0 said:
dgeesi0 said:
yes does seem like we will probably get barcelona doesn't it or why would you go out there?

Because the organisers might be asking you to to promote their series or because it offers a good promotional opportunity.
  understand that the promotional side makes it worth it but there must be another reason. i think maybe content or something to do with the game to come.
Only two of them are going though. Paul and Hatward. I wouldn't expect either of them to be gathering much in terms of reference materials for the circuit since that's not really their departments. They aren't sound or graphics guys.
Getting some more feedback from the drivers with the latest builds of the game seems more likely.
Saying as DiRT Rally has the official FIA WRX license, it also makes sense for them to be there and for the organisers to want them there.

BrySkye said:
dgeesi0 said:
dgeesi0 said:
yes does seem like we will probably get barcelona doesn't it or why would you go out there?

Because the organisers might be asking you to to promote their series or because it offers a good promotional opportunity.
  understand that the promotional side makes it worth it but there must be another reason. i think maybe content or something to do with the game to come.
Only two of them are going though. Paul and Hatward. I wouldn't expect either of them to be gathering much in terms of reference materials for the circuit since that's not really their departments. They aren't sound or graphics guys.
Getting some more feedback from the drivers with the latest builds of the game seems more likely.
Saying as DiRT Rally has the official FIA WRX license, it also makes sense for them to be there and for the organisers to want them there.

If it's just the two of them then I think you're right - they won't do too much of detailed track/car research.

What if they get a passenger drive on Friday... I'd be MEGA jealous :D 

The event in Barcelona may turn into a showcase event for FIA World RX. I think it would make sense if they a bit more promotion for the DiRT Rally Multiplayer by having the team show off the game again. (especially now that RX complete is likely to be all in game now).

Perhaps we should find out if the guys have a measuring tape with them :)

totally off topic.
who is making this "attack" on the forums
Some kind of korean (?¿) spam. Admins often clean that crap.
Codemasters should find the backdoor (or whatever) and put some shield here...

bogani said:

It's actually not that far off the 2017sketch.

AAAAH!!! MY EYES! MY EYES! GET RID OF THAT UGLY ABOMINATION BEFORE IT DESTROYS MY EYES!!!

dwkGravey said:
griev0r said:
I like all this speculation about the cars, but cmon Finland is right around the corner!!  What are your speculations on which stage was modeled?  They said that the Finland stages are a little longer to make up for the speed you go through them, my guess (and hope) is Ouninpohja.  It's 34km which split in half into two mid length stages would be 17km which is a little longer than the longest stages we have so far.  If they follow the current model they have done stages that seems the most likely to me.

Makes sense right?  I hope so!  I have been trying to complete Ouninpohja on RBR for the last couple nights with no major incidents, unsuccessfully lol.  What a roller coaster butthole clenching stage that is, dear lord.
Makes sense to me! If not all 34 km between two stages, at least pretty close. Just doing some dangerously rough guesstimating, looking on juwra.com at the top speeds through the most recent runs through Ouninpohja, Hafren, and Panzerplatte Lang, they're about 129, 105, and 107 km/h respectively. So that makes Ouninpohja about 22% faster. Extending the longest stage in DR (Oberstein) by 22% would make it over 14 km, which would be run in the same time (at 130 km/h) as the current stages (at 105 km/h).

Science!
Is it a coincidence that @Kickup was the first to 'like' that comment, or is there some other reason behind his actions...

And that seems more like Maths than Science, but maybe as a mathematician I'm just biased.

789ifyz said:

Is it a coincidence that @Kickup was the first to 'like' that comment, or is there some other reason behind his actions...
   I hope the reason why @KickUp is currently a bit more quiet here - besides that "Like" is, that he's busy with giving his team green light for Finland update and preparing the Finland release info post  :D

789ifyz said:

I hope the reason why @KickUp is currently a bit more quiet here - besides that "Like" is, that he's busy with giving his team green light for Finland update and preparing the Finland release info post  :D
Sorry to burst your bubble, but he is actually on his way to Barcelona for the RX round

789ifyz said:
dwkGravey said:
griev0r said:
I like all this speculation about the cars, but cmon Finland is right around the corner!!  What are your speculations on which stage was modeled?  They said that the Finland stages are a little longer to make up for the speed you go through them, my guess (and hope) is Ouninpohja.  It's 34km which split in half into two mid length stages would be 17km which is a little longer than the longest stages we have so far.  If they follow the current model they have done stages that seems the most likely to me.

Makes sense right?  I hope so!  I have been trying to complete Ouninpohja on RBR for the last couple nights with no major incidents, unsuccessfully lol.  What a roller coaster butthole clenching stage that is, dear lord.
Makes sense to me! If not all 34 km between two stages, at least pretty close. Just doing some dangerously rough guesstimating, looking on juwra.com at the top speeds through the most recent runs through Ouninpohja, Hafren, and Panzerplatte Lang, they're about 129, 105, and 107 km/h respectively. So that makes Ouninpohja about 22% faster. Extending the longest stage in DR (Oberstein) by 22% would make it over 14 km, which would be run in the same time (at 130 km/h) as the current stages (at 105 km/h).

Science!

And that seems more like Maths than Science, but maybe as a mathematician I'm just biased.
Ahh, nice find!  That could be a good indication!

Haven't been steam achievements updated yet? So maybe the update will be between 28th and 30th?
No new achievements yet, doesn't look like a Monday release.  Will just have to wait and see what the roadbook says tomorrow.

789ifyz said:
dwkGravey said:
griev0r said:

Science!

True, it's math. But I used the scientific method, to come up with a hypothesis of >14 km. Although speculation is really more of an art. Dammit now I'm all confused.

Modelling problems and the calculations used in Mechanics are both forms of applied Maths, though their application is generally in Physics, a form of Science, so I guess that counts? I dunno...

Good morning, get the lawyers on the phone. Checkout page 55 in the Sun 18/9 Forza 6 looks (streets ahead)

Sorry to be 'that person', but the sooner they announced what their future plans post DR are the better. Otherwise I, and many others (judging by the DLC threads), am going to keep hoping for rally-based DLC when it seems clearer and clearer that a full WRX game must be in the offing.

A future project....

Hmmm... Personally I'm really happy to see track research pics being taken at Barca. It makes perfect sense to use the assets from the F1 game and add the RX bits and voila! We've got ourselves a new RX track. Same could be said for Istanbul and Hockenheim.

The question now is whether this future project is:
a) DLC / expansion of DiRT Rally for PC on Steam
b) A DiRT Rally-like game for current gen consoles and PC
c) A stand-alone RX game for consoles and PC

seeing this picture,  my opinion is somewhat split in half.

On one hand, Im happy about every further content coming to DR even if its RX content .
On the other hand I'm like:  "Pls get Paul and his Dev crew into a van, take them about 70kms up north to Llloret de Mar and drive them along the beautiful and fast Costa Brava tyremac roads so they can recreate the legendary Rally Catalunya !"

It's obvious that a sim with FIA RX  license will not drop on further RX content, but I truly hope the focus get's kept on the RALLY contenct.  

tbh rally is better than rallyx (nothing wrong with rallyx its just not as good)

rallyx is fun for a short time. the real meat and veg is RALLY.

would rally x be made as a single game ? i dont think so. not enough to it.by that i mean content.

i hope that dirt rally just gets content added to it.people get so hung up on DLC but you could just make one decent game which could sell more than half a game with DLC added.

as for finland we have two mondays left. so its one of them its coming out on.

dgeesi0 said:

would rally x be made as a single game ? i dont think so. not enough to it.by that i mean content.

Bingo. I see RX like a simple play mode. Its like they decide to implement ROC (Race of Champions) mode on Dirt Rally; cool but secondary

Well a full on RX career mode might be feasable. Start off with some folk race (google it) to begin with, then move on to slower local and then national RX cars and tracks. Then finally off to the WRX.

Do 8 WRX locations (with variations), and then 2-3 national RX locations per WRX country. Maybe 2-3 simple dirt folk race locations.