Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

Completely off topic: I'm pretty sure I saw one of that erea's Imprezas in an authentic livery once when I back when I lived in Birmingham... And I've seen a red Lancer Evo VII in a racing livery... And a road-going Ford Focus model from that year... yeah...

OK, you may return to your gossiping...

Oh, and I totally called the Focus and 206... sort of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RookieOne said:
Now, if only we had some toyota :disappointed: 

Me not really happy
I want the Corolla and the Yaris 2017, the latter being purely because I drive Yaris, though mine's a 2001 model, but unfortunately it seems Toyota doesn't want to play. Poor them, they're missing out on a lot....

Oh well, at least I get to drive cars from the same year as my RL car. I guess that'll have to do for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
https://youtu.be/B-l9FDqc1Vw
 Lets get ready to Raaaaalllyyyyyy!!!The man himself around Finland onboard in the Martini liveried Focus RS WRC 01 co driven by the voice ,the one and only Nicky Grist...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Off topic, but an important bit of news for @gfRally and any other Subaru affectionado. Next month a very special Impreza goes up for auction: Impreza WRC chassis number 001, the first Impreza WRCar built by Prodrive.





Bit more info on the auction here: 

http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/subaru/impreza/4875/colin-mcrae-prodrive-subaru-impreza-heads-to-auction

Value is estimated at £175,000 - 200,000. I've e-mailed them this morning offering them a straight swap for an '05 STi. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


@tbtstt Thanks for sharing!  I didn't know what happened to that car over the years.  Glad to see it running again.  Fun to see the iconic boxer manifold look basically stock.  

Have to love rally even more when a company fully restores a piece of history then hopes it sees many more years or rallying (and abuse!).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
Off topic, but an important bit of news for @gfRally and any other Subaru affectionado. Next month a very special Impreza goes up for auction: Impreza WRC chassis number 001, the first Impreza WRCar built by Prodrive.





Bit more info on the auction here: 

http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/subaru/impreza/4875/colin-mcrae-prodrive-subaru-impreza-heads-to-auction

Value is estimated at £175,000 - 200,000. I've e-mailed them this morning offering them a straight swap for an '05 STi. ;)
I fail to fathom the rich people tend to be purchasing idiotic Bugattis and Ferraris instead of getting one of these. Or is it just a matter of generic taste and nonexistence of keen enthusiasm? Certainly.

It looks pretty brilliant. Brilliant paint job, brilliant livery, brilliant wheels, brilliant tyres and brilliantly engineered engine. The car is overall brilliant!

If I were rich enough, I would have picked this and a Mitsu EVO IV WRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Benniz said:
Oooh, I'd loved to have that car, but it's a little steap for my economy for now :/
nah, a couple of months saving and its done!

 ... maybe not :( . Not me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
by the sounds of it . it was stripped everything pulled out and put back together.

imagine if it was as is all original. probably be alot more.

do love scoobies we had 8 since 1980s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dgeesi0 said:
by the sounds of it . it was stripped everything pulled out and put back together.

imagine if it was as is all original. probably be alot more.

do love scoobies we had 8 since 1980s.
Several car magazines in the UK ran a feature on the restoration when it happened a couple of years ago (sure I have at least one of them in a box at home somewhere). The car was in a proper state when it arrived at Prodrive. 

I daresay if it were a showroom model it would be worth more with original parts, but I doubt there is a rally car out there that hasn't had parts changed at some point. In this case I personally think a restoration from the original team counts for more than pure originality (just my opinion though :) ).

And I fully agree with you @Darhour ! If I had that sort of money to play with I'd opt for the this in a heartbeat instead of any comparable supercar...

(...that's probably a sign that we watch too much rallying!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:
by the sounds of it . it was stripped everything pulled out and put back together.

imagine if it was as is all original. probably be alot more.

do love scoobies we had 8 since 1980s.
Several car magazines in the UK ran a feature on the restoration when it happened a couple of years ago (sure I have at least one of them in a box at home somewhere). The car was in a proper state when it arrived at Prodrive. 

I daresay if it were a showroom model it would be worth more with original parts, but I doubt there is a rally car out there that hasn't had parts changed at some point. In this case I personally think a restoration from the original team counts for more than pure originality (just my opinion though :) ).

And I fully agree with you @Darhour ! If I had that sort of money to play with I'd opt for the this in a heartbeat instead of any comparable supercar...

(...that's probably a sign that we watch too much rallying!)
you got a link to any magazines articles covering the restoration ? would like to see it. thanks !

just reading a article where it was up for sale for £85,000 ! bit of a price up now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@tbtstt Sure, watching too much rallying would make us say so but if we sit to contemplate the car for moments,  we will notice how brilliantly it was engineered and set up to meet the technical world. Tuners are always tunable, openly modifiable and fun to drive. Imagine a 1989 MX-5 in rallying, you will see how brilliantly will be tuned by the team to enroll in rallying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darhour said:
@tbtstt Sure, watching too much rallying would make us say so but if we sit to contemplate the car for moments,  we will notice how brilliantly it was engineered and set up to meet the technical world. Tuners are always tunable, openly modifiable and fun to drive. Imagine a 1989 MX-5 in rallying, you will see how brilliantly will be tuned by the team to enroll in rallying.
Exactly! It's a road car developed to go as fast as possible on technical roads. No compromises and no fancy extras!
macebig said:
Yep, that's it!
dgeesi0 said:
you got a link to any magazines articles covering the restoration ? would like to see it. thanks !

just reading a article where it was up for sale for £85,000 ! bit of a price up now.
I remember it appearing in Banzai magazine (July 2010)...



...and Evo (June 2010)...



...I'm sure I have that issue of Banzai at home somewhere. All my stuff is packed up in boxes though, so could take me a while to find it! I think it may have featured in a third magazine, but I can't remember which one. 

It's also one of the cars featured in this video (from 2:50 onwards):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJvxo8Rt6Ao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So, anyone wanna take bets on if the update is going to be Friday or next week?  I need it nowwww

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bet its Monday. If something goes wrong there is no one to fix it on weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Impreza...Impreza...Impreza...

You are all a bunch of obsesed imprezers xD


Impreza.

^^Not that one^^ :smile: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OzoreXS said:
Impreza...Impreza...Impreza...

You are all a bunch of obsesed imprezers xD


Impreza.

^^Not that one^^ :smile: 
I'm going to pretend I understood the joke here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:

Damn, I cant attach an image....  Any clues?


Done it for you, @KevM . You paste the url into the attatch image/file at the top. The one that looks like a paper with the corner folded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×