DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

bogani said:
RookieOne said:

bogani said:
tbtstt said:
RookieOne said:
I think that early 98 car was a S3 car. The change to the S4 designation was probably following the change to the gearbox (using a sequential with a single paddle instead of a H-Shifter gearbox)
I didn't think the paddle shift came until '99? The S5 was the first car with paddle shift, wasn't it? 
And was it really a single paddle?!
You are right @tbtstt , my bad

@bogani yes it was, I don't think they used dual-paddle like formula 1 in WRC competition (they might have tested it, but in a full rally ? not sure) for the simple reason that the steering lock is higher than in formula 1 (I think that F1 have at most 240 ? not sure but it's low enough to make it work with the paddles on the steering wheel.)
While it's 540 for most modern rallycars, although it might be a bit higher for the S5).

It was easier to make a single fixed paddle and use it like a sequential shifter, only way closer to the wheel
My life's been a lie for all those years! :open_mouth: 
Get used to it :tongue: 

RookieOne said:

bogani said:
tbtstt said:
RookieOne said:
I think that early 98 car was a S3 car. The change to the S4 designation was probably following the change to the gearbox (using a sequential with a single paddle instead of a H-Shifter gearbox)
I didn't think the paddle shift came until '99? The S5 was the first car with paddle shift, wasn't it? 
And was it really a single paddle?!
You are right @tbtstt , my bad

@bogani yes it was, I don't think they used dual-paddle like formula 1 in WRC competition (they might have tested it, but in a full rally ? not sure) for the simple reason that the steering lock is higher than in formula 1 (I think that F1 have at most 240 ? not sure but it's low enough to make it work with the paddles on the steering wheel.)
While it's 540 for most modern rallycars, although it might be a bit higher for the S5).

It was easier to make a single fixed paddle and use it like a sequential shifter, only way closer to the wheel
Formula 1 cars are using 360-450 degrees depending on the track as far as I know. :)

WRC5 is out now on Steam (even in UK, which was meant to be a bit later in the shops): http://store.steampowered.com/app/354160/

Anyone buying it?  Anyone?  No?  lol

Seriously though, I do hope its better than the previous Milestone games.  The WRC license deserves a better attempt at a game, even to get young'uns interested in the sport

WRC5 is out now on Steam (even in UK, which was meant to be a bit later in the shops): http://store.steampowered.com/app/354160/
I heard there was a demo coming?  I'll give it a handle, but I think SLRE looks better now, but if handling is milestones away (pun intended) not even gonna try it.  Going into it with low expectations sometimes you get surprised.  

Even if the handling is passable, which it just won't be when compared to dirt, but the co driver sounds so terrible and annoying

gfRally said:
Going into it with low expectations sometimes you get surprised.  
And sometimes you get exactly what you expect. Still at least LaPremier will be happy with his new 'rally sim'.

And sometimes you get exactly what you expect. Still at least LaPremier will be happy with his new 'rally sim'.
Possibly not, some reviews are saying its 40/60 sim/arcade. Maybe to much "sim" for LaPremier :D

Evilsmurf said:

Possibly not, some reviews are saying its 40/60 sim/arcade. Maybe to much "sim" for LaPremier :D
Don't mock him, he holds several records in Driver: San Francisco and GRID!

Evilsmurf said:

Don't mock him, he holds several records in Driver: San Francisco and GRID!

I apologise...

I'll get back in my box and bow down to the one with superior Driver: San Francisco skills.

That said, I still might pick it up because Rally :)

I have high hopes for a dirt console release, so I'll be 100% holding off for the time being. If I had wrc or slre I'd only spend my whole time wishing it was dirt anyway!

Do NOT buy WRC5, not even worth a pirate.  I watched a stream of a steam friend of mine for awhile last night, it's horrid. 

LaPremier claimed that WRC 5 is the rally game of the year so let it be because WRC 5 is SO SIM... SOOOO SIM!:smiley: 

Well with WRC 5 it's pretty clear what we get. I'm very curious now how SLRE turns out. The PR guy said it's 100% simulation. I suspect it's going to be roasted alive.

I'll be downloading WRC5 in a bit, will see how it compares to every other PC rally game (as I have them all haha). There's MANY things worse than WRC5 on PC, I'm sure...

I'll be downloading WRC5 in a bit, will see how it compares to every other PC rally game (as I have them all haha). There's MANY things worse than WRC5 on PC, I'm sure...
But there is also one which is (very probably) much better, which is why I won't be bothering.

Also, we finally have a new community manager!

I was hoping for a casual alternative to DiRT for when I wanna derp about without concentrating too much, but by the looks of some user reviews the game is pretty bad full-stop. 

KevM said:
https://youtu.be/KNcyNGzCyxs

In all fairness, it looks & sounds horrific!!
I'm not sure what's worse? I think I could enjoy it as an arcade racer if it didn't have the most terrible engine noises and the worlds most robotic, boring co-driver! (I'm excluding the sound of my own voice for that by the way)

KevM said:
https://youtu.be/KNcyNGzCyxs

In all fairness, it looks & sounds horrific!!
I hate to see devs, any devs, ragged on with the kind of undue harshness that only gamers can provide—I know devs are human beings who work hard and want to do the best they can at their jobs with the resources they have—but... man... a Dustbuster sucking up Lego would make a more convincing rally car sound than that... :#